We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

List every...

Seltas0208
Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

Survivor mains : list every second chance perk you have. And then give a justification as to why its balanced

Killer mains : list every "crutch" or extremely stong perk you have and justify why they're balanced

I personally main hag and think that M&A is a very strong perk with next to no counterplay because its a perk made to only help the killer not hider survivors . It reduces her terror radius to 16m and I love it. Allows me to play a little sneaker and there's next to no complaints about it.

M&A is in a decent place and can be used by all killers while some get a little more use out of it.

Umm... And I'm having a hard time thinking of why anbody would want to nerf it

Sloppy butcher :

Free mangled. That's it. Does things to healing and brought about the no heal meta

Why it shouldn't be nerfed : everyone just rushes gens anyway and has adrenaline

Etc etc

Comments

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853

Enduring & Spirit Fury:

Can give you a free hit and waste a pallet

Why it shouldn't be nerfed: takes half of your perk slots to be effective, and survivors can reach another pallet or window with dead hard if they're lucky enough.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

*Phases out of chat*

Anyways, BBQ on Spirit. Perfectly balanced...

...as all things should be.

I also use DS on Jake. It's balanced and a powerful anti-tunneling tool.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    edited August 2019

False, I go towards gens with discordance and aproach them without directly looking at the gen, it activates when you look towards the survivor's direction, not when you're close to them. I've got post game messages saying "my spinechill was bugged, it never showed when you were comming"

• My_Farewell
    My_Farewell Member Posts: 495

What if i never run 2nd chance perks?

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

Then give your opinion on second chance perks. And list what perks you run

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I don't know exactly what perks are considered crutch

NOED: JuSt ClEaNs DuLl ToTeMs

BBQ: Powerful only on high mobility killers, basically necessary to reduce grind, has counterplay.

Enduring & Spirit Fury: Powerful combo, but takes half perk slots to be effective

Mad Grit: "It's not glitched ye dumb ######### "

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Deliverance? You mean Discordance? Just don't team up on gens.

And the range is pretty wide. If you look in my direction at all I will know you are nearby. Plus I have eyes and ears.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

@thesuicidefox LOL! I edited it, my bad, LOL! And I don't know , it has worked for me, or maybe they're just dumb enough not to run away or hide?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

The moment you show up near me and my Spine Chill wasn't lit for an extended period prior I will know you are moonwalking, so I will just play as if I'm not using Spine Chill.

Calm Spirit will counter it too and there's nothing you can do about it unless you are Wraith. If you run Calm Spirit you never disturb crows, meaning anytime a crow goes off near you it's 50/50 that it's the killer. Play with Bond or in SWF and you will know 100%. The moment I hear crows go off I know what direction you are coming.

Also Premonition.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

NOED on Cannibal. I don't care that he already has an instant down, because he is trash and NOED helps him to not get rekted too hard by good survivors and NOED also has counter play, so you can't call it a crutch on Cannibal.

• My_Farewell
    My_Farewell Member Posts: 495

DS: is fine because you can avoid it.

Dead hard: also easy to counter.

Deliverance: fine too, but i don't like it since it can become useless if you are the first one on being hooked.

MoM: i think no one has a problem with that perk anymore.

As solo survivor i run Kindred, Bond, Small game and Spine chill (before i used to run open handed)

With friends: Adrenaline, Resilience, Small game and Borrowed time (yeah, 2nd chance perk but not for me)

I don't rely on 2nd chance perks because my main goal is to not be found and, if they find me, i usually can loop the killer for long enough to make it worth without using exhaustion perks (i'm not counting adrenaline because it works in a different way). I run Kindred, which implies i need to be found first, because the information it provides to others it's just too good.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
  • NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Adrenaline: It's rewarding success rather than mitigating failure which makes it unique among second chance perks. It's also somewhat self-balancing, since if the Killer's can stop the gens from being completed by being better at the game (AKA: If the game is otherwise balanced) then whatever counts as good play in general also counters Adrenaline and thus ensures that Adrenaline will only proc if the Killer messes up.

NOED: Fine for completely different reasons. The effect by itself while overrated is still very strong. However the fact that you can stop it from procing at the endgame before you even are close to that point keeps it in check, and you can cleanse it during endgame if you really want to.

• rrichard023
    rrichard023 Member Posts: 10

BBQ & Chili: lockers exist

Hex: Ruin: survivors can battle it

Nurse's calling: go away from the killer to heal

Franklin's Demise: no item, no use

Pop Goes the Weasel: can be hard to find a gen sometimes

Dead hard: easy to bait

Balanced landing: needs a hill to activate

Deliverance: getting hooked first makes it useless that game

DS: requires being tunnelled

Borrowed time: requires getting the other person farmed

That's all I've got :)

• legionsunit
    legionsunit Member Posts: 57

You can keep noed in check. How do you keep adrenaline in check? Besides gen pressure?

• NuclearBurrito

Anything that counts as skillful play also counts as countering Adrenaline. In other words, normal play alone is enough to handle Adrenaline.

The thing about the perk is that it lets you get more out of slight advantages, but for it to help you need to get an advantage to begin with. Since if the Killer can win in time Adrenaline won't help.

TLDR: If you balance the game as a whole then Adrenaline is balanced. Thus changing the perk directly is unnecessary.

• NuclearBurrito

Also depending on how you define gen pressure you may as well have just said:

"How do I stop all the gens from popping besides stopping all the gens from popping?"

So you are going to have to be a bit more specific there

• legionsunit
    legionsunit Member Posts: 57

Ok so basic gameplay helps curve it that's good to know. I really don't use adrin or noed I don't like ither one but it's more annoying when the player with adrin is being toxic.

• beenz
    beenz Member Posts: 10

eating hope : cleanse le totems

no one enjoys death:cleans le totems

spoopy grounds: don’t cleanse le totems

blood wizard ( blood warden): l e a v e

chili: stay near le hooks

slow the game down just a lil bit: cleans le totems

donezo kiddies

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443
    edited August 2019

DS: because the one thing I really hate to go against are tunneling killers.

Killers often complain about genrush and that they want a game that lasts longer than 5 minutes. I completely understand this. But so do I.

If I get unhooked and the killer comes back and goes after me while ignoring the unhooker, who literally run into his face, he deserve to get a DS. That's the only perk which can help you if you get tunneld and to stay longer in the game than just a couple of minutes.

Counterplay is simple: just don't tunnel.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

Lmao spine chill Is easy yes it's god tier but breaking SC is what stealth killers do well

• JAWS_BDSM
    JAWS_BDSM Member Posts: 328

Ruin - add extra 10-60 seconds to the game so you can start applying pressure before you get genrushed. Plan A.

Noed - Plan B.

GF main.

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495

Survivior second chances: old decisive, old MoM, current DH. Unbreakable. Any other perk considered second chance is limited in use or earned.

Killer crutches: Noed.

On my killers I usually run Nurses Calling, Ruin, MYC, and Sloppy Butcher (sometimes I swap Ruin and Sloppy for Devour and Thrill).

On my Surviviors I run Urban, Decisive, Balanced Landing, and Adrenaline.