We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

I'm so done with Killers

Meme
Meme Member Posts: 275

Whenever I outplay them, I get face camped. Whenever I 360 then, they face camp. Whenever I loop them, they face camp. Killers get so mad and frustrated about everything. Basically you get punished for playing good. Sorry I don't stand still and let you down me In less than 10 seconds.

ยซ1

Comments

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

What Rank are you? This doesn't matter as much, sometimes we just have bad days and only get ######### Killers who can't accept an honest outplay. I respect Survivors who get away and weren't ######### about it but not everyone does.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,233

I feel like alot of ppl get into character so to speak. I had a game earlier where the killer only had 1 hook the entire game, right at the end. He ended the game by smacking the guy repeatedly on the hook for 2 minutes... We shrugged it off and just left, leaving joking remarks in the endgame chat of "who hurt you?" and "do you need to talk about it?" to which the killer just started laughing about how the guy in our party is SO MAD (he was laughing hysterically at our comments). I can understand securing a kill at the end, but this guy went the extra mile in an attempt to make someone mad so HE didnt feel so ######### about his bad game (im assuming).

• Richter_Cade
    Richter_Cade Member Posts: 91

It happens. I'm a killer main, I've played only a handful of survivor games this month. One was today, I ran the killer around for a few minutes while my team did only two gens, got hooked. Killer didn't camp but instead patrolled the area around the hook while all 3 survivors ignored both gens and me until I went into struggle. They rescue me, I immediately get downed again cos no borrowed time, dead.

It just happens. I assume my low survivor rank has a lot to do with it but conversely I had a killer game as Myers, got a reasonable number of hooks but was ultimately gen rushed. Caught one at the end, hooked them up and the gate was 5 feet away, so i stayed. They rushed the hook, I popped ew3 and traded 1 for 2. I'm sure I was considered a camper there but I had no other option, it was guard my one kill or let all 4 go.

• Accorn
    Accorn Member Posts: 89

It depends for me. Out plays are fine, but the moment you teabag on the other side of a pallet, you can bet I'll ignore the others til you're gone. Then there's endgame camping. If it's the only way I can get a single kill because I decided to try wraith or LF (even though I avoid them because I'm terrible with them) then im going to do it.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Guess you haven't played against many good killers.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Many players on both sides are frustrated by the game. I don't know why they keep playing when that's the case, but this is the result - anything and everything that doesn't go their way will piss them off.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

it's an everyday thing at this point.

from both sides tbh.

getting a lot of disconnects when you outplay the survivors

getting a lot of facecamps when you outplay the killers.

it's basically a routine.

and that's why swf is sometimes needed. (i love it. and i love going against it)

they won't (usually) disconnect if one of them get outplayed (broken builds are different things btw) and they'll (usually) save their friend with borrowed time if the killer decided to facecamp.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,880

I just got tunneled to death by a doctor because I 360ed him I know how it feels

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

Same could be said vice versa but that's not the point since this is a thread about being upset about a instance of camping that course will gain traction, flood the forums for a couple day then die off

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

Define toxic, and before doing so;

1. What is your current strategy and build

2. Would you be upset going against your own build/strategy

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

If you play on ps4 I'm a wraith main and id love to see more wraith's popping up

• Benzinjiq
    Benzinjiq Member Posts: 17

Sorry but i am obviously going to camp the little ######### which abuses every imbalanced thing in the game and bad designs like doing infinited and such i dont want to waste the whole game on that one kid

• rrichard023
    rrichard023 Member Posts: 10

I remember pointing at a trapper from behind a pallet, and I got tunnelled to hell because of it

• Chatkovski
    Chatkovski Member Posts: 309

I'm still a new player (one or two months), and the first time I did a nice chase instead of being down after 30 seconds, I was facecamped by the Spirit...

It's like a universal law: the more you play well, the more your opponent tends to behave like a [place your favorite insult here].

• TR_stonez
    TR_stonez Member Posts: 54

Thats why i say the only way to survive is being a toxic survivor with swf

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

you dont teabag / disrespect me, i dont disrespect you.

thats how easy it is.

teabag me as ghostface though. i'll join the party.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

My honest advice is to not play solo survivor unless you don't even want to escape and just play "for the lolz" because there seems to be a huge number of new killers in the game who rush through the ranks like nothing just to end up complaining about experienced survivors who use the maps to their advantage like any good player.

As a result these new killers feel the need to hook-tunnel or facecamp even "solo survivors" which shows just how bad/inexperienced these killers are.

If you are somewhat decent at the game and want to have fun playing survivor do what any good player does in the long run. Play in a SWF team.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

The main problem here are not killers, not survivors. Its still horrific map design in some places, bad matchmaking (at least SWF MM, R18 Killer against R8 Survivor lmao) and the lacking abilities of some killers. I dont see how a wraith would be able to catch a decent survivor in under a minute.

Playing as killer in red ranks an as survivor mainly in purple.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

It's ok to run the killer to other survivors to avoid a facecamp on yourself. Give him false confidence that he's applying pressure when he's really giving you a moment to disappear and do something useful.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

Lol sounds like something an ace did when i was having fun running people into my traps

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

Punished for playing good?

Not good enough if you're getting caught.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

No matter how good you are you will eventually get caught.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

Depends when you get caught.

There's enough pallets in the game to loop for 5 gens. Even better when you get a map with god windows combined with balanced landing which can turn loops into near infinites.

If your talking about outplaying, 360's and looping, then all 5 gens should be completed by the time you get camped, and by that point, the game is already over and it doesn't matter.

• GrootDude

True about if the OP was truly outplaying the killer then it was likely endgame whenever the killer caught them so camping would be the smartest choice.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,138

I get that being camped can be frustrating, but understand the difference between a stupid camp and a tactical camp. If you're on the hook, have teammates alive, and the gate is open, there's no reason for the killer to leave the hook. The killer might have a 3 or 4 gen setup around the hook you're on. The unfortunate reality for M1 killers like Clown, Plague, etc., is that trying to cross the map to apply pressure everywhere means you end up pressuring nothing at all. I'm not going out of my way to camp, but I'm not throwing games to make everyone happy. And if you equip Balanced Landing, play a Strode key, and I manage to catch you at an infinite, well....

• Lightsaber09
    Lightsaber09 Member Posts: 46

Im a killer main and I'm done with killers

• Rouge
    Rouge Member Posts: 102

It's just something that happens man, you just have to get used to it. When it happens either help your team out by lasting on hook as long as possible or doh and move onto the next match. Everyone seems to be making this into a survivor vs killer thing when I really don't get it, that wasn't the objective of your post from what I see at least. Just do your best to pip.

• PiedPiper365
    PiedPiper365 Member Posts: 231

Lol I was bout to post a mean comment till I saw this, I play both sides more killer but when I play survs sometimes I run into killers that will facecamp anyone that gives them trouble, when I play killers I just report them for dc after I down them or put them on the hook, I'm not sure if it helps but I do it cuz im Hoping they get in trouble lol, but yes both sides have there fair batch of winey little [BAD WORD] and all we can do is deal with them

• Rouge
    Rouge Member Posts: 102

I can't tell if you are siding with me or against me. I don't think camping is a good thing but it isn't going to be avoidable. I was offering support and other ideas as to avoiding tilt, not rationalizing camping or making this game entirely competitive. The logic behind it is this.

If you pip you will go up in ranks, face camping is less common at the higher ranks since it dosen't reward you with pips. The killers who get to higher ranks get more pips, making it so they are less likely to facecamp. This isn't fact, you can still get facecamped in rank 1 but it is significantly less likely.

No-matter what killers are going to be able to camp as much as they want, that's just the dynamic of the game since they are the ones in controll of deaths, if they want, nobody will die in a match, nomatter what; if they try they can kill everybody in the match and there is little to nothin that the survivors can do to stop them if they are good enough. If survivors don't like being camped they can hope their teamates bring borrowed time and other things to try to stop it, if they really want to. That's just how the game was designed, killer kills the survivors. Seeing as how camping kills people it's not like BEHVR is just going to let people off the hook and just let someone go because the killer chose to kill them and give up map pressure.

I could care less if you are a killer main, a survivor main, the person who killed my mom. I'm not going to attack you over it, nor have I attacked anybody in this tread for their alignment to either side.

All I did was say that people are making this into a side vs side argument for no reason, attacking people and such and give ideas on how to avoid the situation.

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

I get killers sometimes who get extremely pissed when I head on stun them more than one time. They really facecamp and tunnel the living ######### out of me

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Not all of us have fragile egos. I'm fine with being out played. I don't like the taunting that sometimes goes with it. I don't usually camp, but if you intentionally sandbag another player, or taunt at the cost of your team members, I might be convinced to do so.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

True.

However, flame me all you want, facecamping IS a legit strategy. Put it this way: You got so far into the Killer's head that they threw the entire game to kill you. Just keep struggling and watch as your teammates tbag at the exit gates.

• GrootDude
  • Chaddad2169
    Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

And Pig, don't forget pigs that tunnel you with a trap on your head and then teabag you because they down you with NOED and think they're the better player

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Well, I rarely run Mori, but if I do and I see that, I tend to laugh as well. I know I have a group that is just having fun. So, I don't take it seriously. I don't overreact to most teabagging, unless it is obviously being overdone. I'd say the one thing that drives me nuts is the flashlight spam. Seriously, I'm not going to chase you just because you want to. Other survivors deserve my attention.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

"Killers get so mad and frustrated" evidently so do you. That's just the majority of players.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

I'm done with survivors

No matter what I do, apparently I am camping.

• Locker_Monster
    Locker_Monster Member Posts: 496

They downed you; they're the better player. ;)

They took a Perk (That YOU can remove) and managed to use it to down YOU.

Therefor; they played better than you. ๐Ÿ™ƒ

• Chaddad2169
    Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

I wasn't saying this happened to me lmao. Why do people on these forums always assume? ๐Ÿค”.

Being downed doesn't make the killer a better player btw, it doesn't matter how good of a survivor you are... you'll go down eventually *cough bloodlust cough*.

And NOED isn't OP at all imo, just stupid

• Locker_Monster
    Locker_Monster Member Posts: 496

I used the royal 'you' to mean whatever 'you' was in your example.

(Ain't English a FUN language? ๐Ÿ˜… )

• Tired_Bubba
    Tired_Bubba Member Posts: 21

While this can be annoying, survivors are semi worse, you do one thing that goes against their 'code' like closing hatch, smacking them after they use deliverance, for face campers get a friend with borrowed time, personally for myself I hate face campers but in all honesty it's just a game filled with ######### anyway so

• darkcobra
    darkcobra Member Posts: 19

Lol oh I see so when the game is basically over, the best move a killer can do is camp a hook so he loses the few points he did manage to get by proximity camping?

I'm so ashamed to be a killer main when I see the logic coming out of us...

• ImmortalReaver
    ImmortalReaver Member Posts: 243

Quit your bitching. Face camping costs 2 gens.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Of course it's the best tactical choice. In that scenario, if the killer leaves the hook and goes for a new target, he gives up his remaining chances to turn the match (except he runs late-game surprises like NOED + Bloodwarden).

If he patrols/"proxy camps" the hook, there might be survivors coming and making an unwise rescue attempt, getting downed close to the hook and voilร , there is the snowball effect.

Also, you don't lose bloodpoints, and the Emblem points aren't relevant in that case. (If somebody cares about pips in the first place.)

And you don't have to feel ashamed for other people playing tactically. :)