So how do you get the adept killer achievements nowadays?

JnnsMu
JnnsMu Member Posts: 249

Having to have only the 3 unique perks equipped is clear.

Am I allowed to bring add-ons? Do I need to get a double pip or do I just have to kill every survivor? If it's the latter, can I mori them?

I have had some inconsistencys with the Ghostface achievement so I'm looking forward to you guys' intel.

Comments

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    edited August 2019

You must bring the 3 teachable perks (and ONLY the 3 teachable perks), and you must double pip. You can bring add-ons and offerings.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

As mentioned by @Masantonio, you need to play with the killer's three unique perks and successfully double-pip (merciless victory). You're free to bring any add-ons you want and burn whatever offerings you like but using moris will most definitely result in a failed adept attempt.

• rina
    rina Member Posts: 90

Any addons and any offering, you have to double pip so I suggest not bringing moris cause they affect piping a lot.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Also, as long as you get a Merciless victory, DCs will not prevent you from getting your Adept.

• Awakey

If you haven't hooked the DCer, it will. Since you need 10 hook events to get an Iridescent Devout, it could significantly lessen the chances of a Double Pip. Makes it impossible at red ranks.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

How to get adept as killer:

Only the killer's 3 teachables

-(Optional) Whatever add-ons and offering you wish excluding a Mori.

Don't tunnel and camp: (A) Because that's more likely to cause survivors to DC and (B) You lose points for being close to hook and if survivors struggle or die on their first hook because you camped them the whole time, you're not gonna get all of your hook points.

• screamdreamsx
    screamdreamsx Member Posts: 213

Pressure gens as much as possible as you are awarded points for having gens left at the end, and gens not been done in the beginning. This often means abandoning chases more often than usual, especially if the chase brings you to a generator in progress. It’s one of the hardest to get gold or iridescent for, when only Hag and Clown can use good gen slow perks.

Hook don’t slug. Don’t try to tunnel or camp, you need more than 9 hooks for iridescent so you need to ensure survivors are rescued, and that they don’t kill themselves on hook because of tunnelling or camping. You don’t even need 4K for merciless, as long as you have more than 9 hooks, it doesn’t matter how many escape (but will affect gatekeeper if it’s not via hatch). Try to keep pressure up if there are injured survivors as you lose points for survivors healing.

Dont feel disheartened, it’ll take a few games to get into the play style of the 3 perks especially if you don’t use them much. Use map offerings that work well for certain killers, I recently got Pig Adept by using the game map offerings, because it’s a small map good her ambush attack as there’s lots of corners and is really good for surveillance as you can hear both floors. And don’t worry about depipping whilst you try - the more you derank the easier it is anyways.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

You only need nine hooks for Iridescent Devout. If one Survivor DCs, then you'll just have to hook each Survivor three times. I had to do that for Adept Plague.

• Awakey

I'll edit later when I have more time, but I really don't think that's right.

• Awakey

I just double checked the Wiki, and you're right. I always thought it was 10.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

You don't. These achievements are stupid and need to be reworked.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

This is unproductive and just wrong (at least about the part where you can't get them). They do need reworks, though. Or at least the emblems do since they're unreliable for how well you did.

• paint1210
    paint1210 Member Posts: 95

Play at rank 20

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

You can mori the first survivor and then pay attention that you get enough chases with the other 3 survs, so you still get the double pip.

Also you will most likely not pip if a survivor dc's or kills themselve on the hook. Trying to double pip can be quite frustrating, especially if it's taken out of your hand.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
  • ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

Most people do it right after rank reset. It's more likely that skilled killers will face off against unskilled (or at least uncoordinated) survivors then.

Avoid moris, don't camp, but tunneling off the hook is a tactic for adepts, even if ultimately it reduces BP. Instadowns aren't recommended if they can be avoided, because those hurt emblems.