BlueFang
BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
edited August 2019 in General Discussions

Bloody heck, they sound AWESOME

I'm totally going to be using Surge from now on instead of Pop

Thank you to @screamdreamsx For transcribing the perks

Killer Perks:

Mind breaker -

While repairing generators with less than 50% repair progression, survivors are affected by the exhaustion status. Any existing exhaustion status effect timers are paused whilst the survivor is repairing a generator and this effect persists for 1/2/3 seconds after ending the repair action.

Cruel Confinement -

every time a generator is completed, all windows and vaults within a 32m radius from the completed generator are blocked for all survivors for the next 25/30/35 seconds. You see the aura of blocked vault locations.

Surge -

putting a survivor into the dying state with a basic attack causes all generators within a 32m radius to instantly explode and regress. This applies an additional regression of 12%. Can be triggered every 60/50/40 seconds

Comments

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Someone post them please <3

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I will post the survivors one's later

• Guiltron
    Guiltron Member Posts: 149

OP PERKS PLEASE NERF!!!!!!!!!!! /s

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

Finally more perks to break up the meta. I am SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!

Well done BHVR!

• screamdreamsx
    screamdreamsx Member Posts: 213

Mind breaker -

While repairing generators with less than 50% repair progression, survivors are affected by the exhaustion status. Any existing exhaustion status effect timers are paused whilst the survivor is repairing a generator and this effect persists for 1/2/3 seconds after ending the repair action.

Cruel Confinement -

every time a generator is completed, all windows and vaults within a 32m radius from the completed generator are blocked for all survivors for the next 25/30/35 seconds. You see the aura of blocked vault locations.

Surge -

putting a survivor into the dying state with a basic attack causes all generators within a 32m radius to instantly explode and regress. This applies an additional regression of 12%. Can be triggered every 60/50/40 seconds

• BlueFang

Wow the new survivor perks are awesome too

Mindbreaker for the killer just feels weak though not worth adding in my opinion

But I love Surge and maybe Cruel

• GenSim12345
    GenSim12345 Member Posts: 182

Mind breaker, and Surge seem pretty good. I can see them being used more, with surge possibly replacing PGTW for me personally.

• Eskay
    Eskay Member Posts: 30

Really hope they'll nerf the surge one it's way too op

• baesik
    baesik Member Posts: 25

100% agree with this. Surge + Huntresses Lullaby + Ruin + Base explosion regression?????

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Surge in particular could end up being really strong. I am not sure how many generators can fit within a 32m radius but the fact that it automatically starts regressing (which means generators abandoned by survivors will probably end up going to 0%) and slap a 12% extra dose on top of that.. It's strong.

• GenSim12345

I think it would be more like -

Surge + PGTW + Ruin + Base regression. Mostly because Huntress isn't picked up as much as you'd think, though thats just my experince, see more ruin then huntress.

• baesik
    baesik Member Posts: 25

With the addition of this perk, we might just see it more. Running surge, lullably, ruin, and thrill would be the ultimate gen stopper build.

• rayoxium
    rayoxium Member Posts: 112

Imagine if Surge worked for M2 attacks, mainly Huntress Hatchets. Just blow up generators across the map lol

• BlueFang
    edited August 2019

Surge can only apply every 40 seconds, meaning a survivor has to run him straight into the path of a few generators. Any competent injured survivor will attempt to lure the killer away as far as they can if they feel they are going to be downed.

And I'm pretty sure the hex perks do not stack with surge. Either way we are talking about the commitment of 3 perks to slow the game down, one that's time and two that can be destroyed

Hardly broken

• DrVeloxcity
    DrVeloxcity Member Posts: 301

I'm also very impressed with the perks we've just seen. In the Twitch chat, there were so many survivor mains crying about useless perks and OP killer perks, but in reality, these new perks help shake up the meta.

For too long have the only perks people consistently run been Adrenaline, Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time, Dead Hard

or NOED, Overcharge, Pop Goes, etc.

This grants more perk diversity and none of these perks are useless whatsoever. They all offer something unique to the table. It's just survivors are too scared to play a match without their beloved Adrenaline or DS.

(And this is coming from someone who players both survivor and killer 50/50). I am referring to survivor-mains when I speak that cry at anything a killer gets that is potentially threatening.

• BlueFang

Yeah honestly I really like the design of all of these perks

In particular the guaranteed heal ones upon rescuing/healing a survivor and the one that gets it for you on totem cleanse. They did a great job on all the perks, though the baby sitter one I'm a little unsure of

• GenSim12345

On paper, it sounds like it. But we will have to wait and see it in practice, numbers for the perks can change.

Plus Surge requires you to put survivor into downed state with a "basic" attack, so you would still have to deal with looping and mindgames.

Guess we have to wait for the PTB to see it in practice.

• BlueFang

While I am disappointed the demogorgon has no crouch power (He was shown crouching and moving at full speed in the trailer) he sounds pretty fun

His lunge might even help secure hits where you otherwise wouldn't. Either way he's right up my alley

• Karaage
    Karaage Member Posts: 340

I wonder if Surge will activate Overcharge on generetors?

• DrVeloxcity
    DrVeloxcity Member Posts: 301
    edited August 2019

Yes because Surge will count as a kick. So, it would activate perks like Overcharge and Surveillance.

The real question is: Does it active Pop Goes The Weasel? And if it does, what happens if multiple generators are in the radius? Are they both effected or is the closest one chosen? Or is it chosen at random?

• BlueFang

I highly doubt it will activate any of these perks. Maybe Overcharge or Surveillance if lucky

But Weasel is a definite no just saying it right now. It's going to be considered it's own unique action

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

3 minutes of no windows if all 5 gens are done. Jeez thats crazy.

If you get a killer with that perk on hospital good luck. Lol

Mind breaker finally an exhaustion killer perk. 5 seconds of no running before you can DH/Sprint burst will be SO GOOD ON STEALTH KILLERS!!!

No more sprint bursting away from a wraith bell or pig ambush!

Then Surge damaging gens oh yeah 👌

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I really like these perks. They sound awesome, especially Surge.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,040

Personally hope they buff it. Apart from the game and Lery, few generators will be in 32 meter terror radius and 12% is very small compare to Pop Goes Weasel. I think it should be based off terror radius of the killers, so perks like Distressing and Monitor work with it and I doubt that Pop goes weasel will work with it since your not kicking the generator. the rest of the perks are not useful.