New Killer Is Fun, But Also Garbage

Caretaker
Caretaker Member Posts: 764

Why does he have to lob the gas? This makes 0 sense and just makes it super difficult to aim it. The slowdown in chase kinda negates the slow from the gas. 4s to reload with a faster reload, just why? Like any other killer he's also looped to oblivion, gens get rushed, and everyone has Sprint Burst.

Fun killer, but the game at its core is still broken.

Comments

• Caretaker

@Slowgaleo said:
    Think you should give it a few days of testing him / playing against him before posting stuff like this. People don’t know how to properly use him / counter him yet. It takes time.

You throw the gas, it disorients and slows. There's not much else to it man. I understand waiting, but he's not Hag, or Doc, or someone that has extra bits thrown in.

• Caretaker

@Vancold said:
    Just play him and vs him^^

Leave early judgements to newbies^^

I understand, but again, he suffers from the same thing every killer does. Looping, and gen rushing. He's nothing special.

• Vancold
    Vancold Member Posts: 188

@Caretaker said:
    I understand, but again, he suffers from the same thing every killer does. Looping, and gen rushing. He's nothing special.

How come? You have a great zoning tool, which can prevent many safe-zones in a serious amount of loops.
    "Gen Rushing" depends on Ruin and on pressure.
    His perks also prevents window-loops (like the Shack's one) and can slow the game to a certain extent.

I'll say it again: play him and play against him. You're better than these arid complaints.

• Caretaker

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    I don't see a problem with him. I think he's alright so far.

The projectile arc is awful, super long reload time, gas lasts for a minimal amount of time but the slow is nice. Super generic killer. Pallet looped, hurt but the same meta perks that every other killer suffers from. Decent perks, fun to play though.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited May 2018
    Caretaker said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

The projectile arc is awful, super long reload time, gas lasts for a minimal amount of time but the slow is nice. Super generic killer. Pallet looped, hurt but the same meta perks that every other killer suffers from. Decent perks, fun to play though.

I think the reload time is quite long that I definitely agree with but if they decide to adjust things with the gas it may make the reload time warranted so we’ll see what happens.
  • Caretaker

@Vancold said:

@Caretaker said:

How come? You have a great zoning tool, which can prevent many safe-zones in a serious amount of loops.
    "Gen Rushing" depends on Ruin and on pressure.
    His perks also prevents window-loops (like the Shack's one) and can slow the game to a certain extent.

I'll say it again: play him and play against him. You're better than these arid complaints.

It blocks one window, the arc can ruin your toss which ruins your zoning. That gas doesn't stop them from doing anything they can still drop pallets. His projectile is rather slow. You shouldn't need ruin.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

@Caretaker said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Nope. he actually is very anti-pallet looping. They do need to increase the duration of blindness and slow down to 2 seconds, or buff the addons... whichever.

You are generalizing what you think is wrong, when it isn't the actual fact.

• Caretaker

@ThePloopz said:
    Caretaker said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

I think the reload time is quite long that I definitely agree with.

From a quick count with baseline glove addon it was 4 seconds. For 4 bottles that's insane amounts of time wasted. Imo, gas should stop actions, and/or have the survivor cough random for x seconds after getting hit. He should not slowdown when throwing. Normal toss, faster reloads. I am still going to play him though and I'm sure my opinion will change, but the games I'm playing are just the usual.

• Caretaker

@Dwight_Confusion said:

@Caretaker said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Nope. he actually is very anti-pallet looping. They do need to increase the duration of blindness and slow down to 2 seconds, or buff the addons... whichever.

You are generalizing what you think is wrong, when it isn't the actual fact.

Where did I say my opinion was fact? Also, how do you anti-pallet loop when they can still just drop the pallets? Like, come on.

• Dwight_Confusion

His slowdown he has makes it less likely people pallet loop you... and you were speaking strongly as if it were factual.

;)

• Caretaker

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    His slowdown he has makes it less likely people pallet loop you... and you were speaking strongly as if it were factual.

;)

Come to me when the pallets get deleted by gas. It doesn't stop them. I gassed a chick and she still looped a truck 4 times.

• Vancold
    Vancold Member Posts: 188

@Caretaker said:
    It blocks one window, the arc can ruin your toss which ruins your zoning. That gas doesn't stop them from doing anything they can still drop pallets. His projectile is rather slow. You shouldn't need ruin.

>
    The arc can ruin my toss? That's why you have to PLAY him, jeez. It's like saying: the unpredictability of Nurse's blink range ruins my chases. You have to LEARN how to use it.

That gas SLOWS and IMPAIRS. They drop the pallet (no vacuum too) and they take the hit the next loop.

You don't need Ruin, unless you're against really coordinated ranking SWF squads. There, Ruin is a must. That has NOTHING to do with the killer.

• Caretaker

@Vancold said:

@Caretaker said:

>
    The arc can ruin my toss? That's why you have to PLAY him, jeez. It's like saying: the unpredictability of Nurse's blink range ruins my chases. You have to LEARN how to use it.

That gas SLOWS and IMPAIRS. They drop the pallet (no vacuum too) and they take the hit the next loop.

You don't need Ruin, unless you're against really coordinated ranking SWF squads. There, Ruin is a must. That has NOTHING to do with the killer.

Please explain how the gas stops the loop. A minor slow? That stops Sprint Burst? That stops Decisive? That stops gens from being popped SUPER fast? That cuts uber safe loops? I am playing him, my first match went ok, every other match is swamp or badham with BM squads. At higher ranks which I am, is nothing but gen rushing, teabagging, pallet loopers. He doesn't do anything better than any other killer. He's a poor man's Doc.

• Dwight_Confusion

You are generalizing things in a quick way. A poor man's Doctor? He's got some similar concepts to The Doctor, but he's different. You can deter where people can go. You're the minority here with the negative posting about the Clown.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

@Caretaker said:

Please explain how the gas stops the loop. A minor slow? That stops Sprint Burst? That stops Decisive? That stops gens from being popped SUPER fast? That cuts uber safe loops? I am playing him, my first match went ok, every other match is swamp or badham with BM squads. At higher ranks which I am, is nothing but gen rushing, teabagging, pallet loopers. He doesn't do anything better than any other killer. He's a poor man's Doc.

If they stay in the gas they are slowed.

If they leave the gas they are slowed for 1.5 seconds.

If the survivors are hit by the gas, their vision is blurred making it easier to mindgame them.

He has add-ons that can increase the range and duration of the gas and one that can negate exhaustion perks.

Use him as an area denial. Loopers are going to have a hard time if you throw the bottles in the right spot.

Players are struggling with him because he's new. Learn how to play as him.

• Caretaker

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    You are generalizing things in a quick way. A poor man's Doctor? He's got some similar concepts to The Doctor, but he's different. You can deter where people can go. You're the minority here with the negative posting about the Clown.

I'm the minority. Entire discord full of killers have given up playing him. Well, ok then.>

@Mc_Harty said:

@Caretaker said:

If they stay in the gas they are slowed.

If they leave the gas they are slowed for 1.5 seconds.

If the survivors are hit by the gas, their vision is blurred making it easier to mindgame them.

He has add-ons that can increase the range and duration of the gas and one that can negate exhaustion perks.

Use him as an area denial. Loopers are going to have a hard time if you throw the bottles in the right spot.

Players are struggling with him because he's new. Learn how to play as him.

There is no special tech with him. You throw the gas, they get slowed. You have to be ON THEM for the gas to be effective. Otherwise they drop the pallet and just make even more distance. Nothing has changed. He's a clown by design in every way possible.

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405
    I learn more about him and start to see some definite worth but also a fair bit of weakness. He can shut down the shack and a lot of jungle gyms completely. On the downside long loops absolutely destroy him and the game messes with his throws. Long loops with los throughout are going to destroy his power. 
  • ThePloopz
    edited May 2018

Just because someone is in the minority doesn’t mean they’re necessarily wrong or don’t have a good point
  • Dwight_Confusion

Dude, I'm all for them making him very powerful. I'm all for it... but people would just whine and complain. They can easily make him more viable.

Here's how...

-Increase the time it takes to shake the bottle for the 4 additional bottles by like 3 seconds maybe? (Nerf)
    -Increase the AoE of the cloud of toxin by 30% (buff)
    -Increase the duration at default (no addons) by .5 to 1 seconds.

So with awesome addons the size of the cloud is bigger, and the effect is much longer. This would make him very difficult to play against.

My problem with you is that on the 1st hours of this PTB (remember what that means?) you're generalizing things into a poor category.

Basically this new killer is trash because you've played with him/against him a few times? I disagree. They need to slightly buff his power. As I mentioned above (they are good ideas)... and they need to slightly buff some killer add ons as well.

Ultra Rare addons and Very Rare add ons should have very very little to NO drawbacks. Like for Freddy... his Red Paint Brush should NOT reduce his movement speed at all...

None of the Wraith's add ons need to hurt him in a negative way. They definitely need to give the killer more power. I agree... but some of us are jumping the gun big time on this.

Out of the box? From what I've seen... he's a nice solid MID TIER killer, just below above Doctor and/or Pig.

His perks are strong though...

Bottom 4 killers? Who knows and who cares right now. Enjoy what they've released. FOR FREE for now.

• Mc_Harty

@Caretaker said:
    There is no special tech with him. You throw the gas, they get slowed. You have to be ON THEM for the gas to be effective. Otherwise they drop the pallet and just make even more distance. Nothing has changed. He's a clown by design in every way possible.

If you know how to throw the bottles and where to throw them, he'll be viable as a control killer.

The slowdown is effective to catch up to the survivors, forcing them to drop the pallet early and why would you not be throwing the bottles at the survivors at a distance anyway? It's not like you slow down when using the bottles.

What perks are you running with him? I'm doing fine with Enduring, Brutal Strength, Coulrophobia and Overcharge.

• Caretaker

@Mc_Harty said:

@Caretaker said:

If you know how to throw the bottles and where to throw them, he'll be viable as a control killer.

The slowdown is effective to catch up to the survivors, forcing them to drop the pallet early and why would you not be throwing the bottles at the survivors at a distance anyway? It's not like you slow down when using the bottles.

What perks are you running with him? I'm doing fine with Enduring, Brutal Strength, Coulrophobia and Overcharge.

Currently leveling him up, with Bamboozle and Blood Warden. I hit bottles fine, but it doesn't matter if they just sprint burst out of it. He doesn't stop them from looping, just slows it down a bit.

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    Dude, I'm all for them making him very powerful. I'm all for it... but people would just whine and complain. They can easily make him more viable.

Here's how...

-Increase the time it takes to shake the bottle for the 4 additional bottles by like 3 seconds maybe? (Nerf)

So with awesome addons the size of the cloud is bigger, and the effect is much longer. This would make him very difficult to play against.

My problem with you is that on the 1st hours of this PTB (remember what that means?) you're generalizing things into a poor category.

Basically this new killer is trash because you've played with him/against him a few times? I disagree. They need to slightly buff his power. As I mentioned above (they are good ideas)... and they need to slightly buff some killer add ons as well.

Ultra Rare addons and Very Rare add ons should have very very little to NO drawbacks. Like for Freddy... his Red Paint Brush should NOT reduce his movement speed at all...

None of the Wraith's add ons need to hurt him in a negative way. They definitely need to give the killer more power. I agree... but some of us are jumping the gun big time on this.

Out of the box? From what I've seen... he's a nice solid MID TIER killer, just below above Doctor and/or Pig.

Bottom 4 killers? Who knows and who cares right now. Enjoy what they've released. FOR FREE for now.

He doesn't stop or do anything special. Just like Pig, Sprint Burst ruins him. Gens pop absurdly fast. He gets slowed down by using his power and reloading it. His addons are ok, his perks are decent, but he as a killer is fun at best, not good. If he's below Pig that means he's low/bottom mid-tier. I stated earlier my opinion might change, but like any other killer he just gets bullied and his power is lackluster at best. Hitting someone with a bottle doesn't even do anything extra with an ultra rare.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742
    His power is good but survivors have time on their side and they shouldn’t and yes I mean gen rush.
  • AsianMammoth
    AsianMammoth Member Posts: 86

I agree, he's just an underpowered Doctor. Doctor's shock stops survivors from doing anything for 2.5 secs - this can actually counter pallet looping - however, Clown's smoke just slows them down and blurs their vision, doesn't stop them from vaulting, dropping pallets or anything. If they're close to a pallet, they're safe.

• Caretaker

@sorrowen said:
    His power is good but survivors have time on their side and they shouldn’t and yes I mean gen rush.

It's an interesting power but the reload time is ridiculously long. It's a pain to lob it properly and slows you down. I can aim it fine before anyone tells me I need to figure it out. The problem is they have 0 distance to them. They can barely clear any distance so a longer chase is a huge detriment. They'll just run around the cloud if you try to hit a long range one. Now you've lost time, and a bottle.

@AsianMammoth said:
    I agree, he's just an underpowered Doctor. Doctor's shock stops survivors from doing anything for 2.5 secs - this can actually counter pallet looping - however, Clown's smoke just slows them down and blurs their vision, doesn't stop them from vaulting, dropping pallets or anything. If they're close to a pallet, they're safe.

100% this. He's just a poor man's doc. Huntress can run addons for hinder that lasts 15s, can actually use her hatchets with a good trajectory, multiple in fact. Doc can zap and stop them from doing anything for 2.5s. I just dont get this killer.

• ThePloopz
    Caretaker said:

@sorrowen said:

It's an interesting power but the reload time is ridiculously long. It's a pain to lob it properly and slows you down. I can aim it fine before anyone tells me I need to figure it out. The problem is they have 0 distance to them. They can barely clear any distance so a longer chase is a huge detriment. They'll just run around the cloud if you try to hit a long range one. Now you've lost time, and a bottle.

@AsianMammoth said:

100% this. He's just a poor man's doc. Huntress can run addons for hinder that lasts 15s, can actually use her hatchets with a good trajectory, multiple in fact. Doc can zap and stop them from doing anything for 2.5s. I just dont get this killer.

You can throw it a good distance if you wait until the bottle shimmers
  • Caretaker

@ThePloopz said:
    Caretaker said:

@sorrowen said:

@AsianMammoth said:

That's what I was referring to. I fully charged it, and it's such a short distance. I can hit it just fine. Doing cross map hatchets with Huntress has prepped me for him, but his trajectory is so bad.

• ThePloopz
    Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:
    Caretaker said:

@sorrowen said:

@AsianMammoth said:

That's what I was referring to. I fully charged it, and it's such a short distance. I can hit it just fine. Doing cross map hatchets with Huntress has prepped me for him, but his trajectory is so bad.

Wait so what do you want him to do be able to throw bottles across the map? He’s not huntress he his own killer, he has bottles not hatches so it makes sense why the trajectory is different and the distance is different. I personally think it’s ok distance but to say it has 0 distance is a bit of an exaggeration 
  • Caretaker

@ThePloopz said:
    Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Caretaker said:

@sorrowen said:

@AsianMammoth said:

Wait so what do you want him to do be able to throw bottles across the map? He’s not huntress he his own killer, he has bottles not hatches so it makes sense why the trajectory is different and the distance is different. I personally think it’s ok distance but to say it has 0 distance is a bit of an exaggeration 

I'm saying for long range, he can't do anything, so what's the point of cutting off an area if you have to be RIGHT on a survivor to do it? It's a really uncomfortable range that you either can hit it, overshoot it, or are better off just nailing the survivor. I might not want a cross map toss, but I wanna be able to have some range.

• AsianMammoth
    AsianMammoth Member Posts: 86

@ThePloopz said:

The thing is: there are much better choices, sure, you can have more fun playing him than any other killer, but the fact is that his power is mediocre at best.

• ThePloopz
    edited May 2018
    Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:
    Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Caretaker said:

@sorrowen said:

@AsianMammoth said:

I'm saying for long range, he can't do anything, so what's the point of cutting off an area if you have to be RIGHT on a survivor to do it? It's a really uncomfortable range that you either can hit it, overshoot it, or are better off just nailing the survivor. I might not want a cross map toss, but I wanna be able to have some range.

That’s definitely understandable and the animation looks awkward as well while your chasing someone
  • ThePloopz

@ThePloopz said:

The thing is: there are much better choices, sure, you can have more fun playing him than any other killer, but the fact is that his power is mediocre at best.

I never said his power was good
  • Caretaker
    edited May 2018

@ThePloopz said:
    Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Caretaker said:

@sorrowen said: His power is good but survivors have time on their side and they shouldn’t and yes I mean gen rush. It's an interesting power but the reload time is ridiculously long. It's a pain to lob it properly and slows you down. I can aim it fine before anyone tells me I need to figure it out. The problem is they have 0 distance to them. They can barely clear any distance so a longer chase is a huge detriment. They'll just run around the cloud if you try to hit a long range one. Now you've lost time, and a bottle. @AsianMammoth said: I agree, he's just an underpowered Doctor. Doctor's shock stops survivors from doing anything for 2.5 secs - this can actually counter pallet looping - however, Clown's smoke just slows them down and blurs their vision, doesn't stop them from vaulting, dropping pallets or anything. If they're close to a pallet, they're safe. 100% this. He's just a poor man's doc. Huntress can run addons for hinder that lasts 15s, can actually use her hatchets with a good trajectory, multiple in fact. Doc can zap and stop them from doing anything for 2.5s. I just dont get this killer.

That’s definitely understandable and the animation looks awkward as well while your chasing someone

That's my problem. I can hit the bottles, it's just really wonky, and doesn't feel rewarding. He needs a bit more range to really cut areas off. Not to mention people just ignore the effects. Some don't even slow down. Assuming it's a bug, but if it's not that's just frustrating.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited May 2018

He's fun i'll give him that, but weak. The gas effect needs to last much longer at base and the blurred vision much worse. Either those or make it so for the gas duration you can't use windows or pallets. That would ACTUALLY make it a zone denial and block pallet looping. Currently it does neither. So many killers are too addon dependent.

• ThePloopz
    Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:
    Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Caretaker said:

@sorrowen said: His power is good but survivors have time on their side and they shouldn’t and yes I mean gen rush. It's an interesting power but the reload time is ridiculously long. It's a pain to lob it properly and slows you down. I can aim it fine before anyone tells me I need to figure it out. The problem is they have 0 distance to them. They can barely clear any distance so a longer chase is a huge detriment. They'll just run around the cloud if you try to hit a long range one. Now you've lost time, and a bottle. @AsianMammoth said: I agree, he's just an underpowered Doctor. Doctor's shock stops survivors from doing anything for 2.5 secs - this can actually counter pallet looping - however, Clown's smoke just slows them down and blurs their vision, doesn't stop them from vaulting, dropping pallets or anything. If they're close to a pallet, they're safe. 100% this. He's just a poor man's doc. Huntress can run addons for hinder that lasts 15s, can actually use her hatchets with a good trajectory, multiple in fact. Doc can zap and stop them from doing anything for 2.5s. I just dont get this killer.

That's my problem. I can hit the bottles, it's just really wonky, and doesn't feel rewarding. He needs a bit more range to really cut areas off. Not to mention people just ignore the effects. Some don't even slow down. Assuming it's a bug, but if it's not that's just frustrating.

Yea I know what you mean now. His power doesn’t feel like it does anything. I personally don’t really like his power that much because it just feels a little bland to me.
  • Angaar
    Angaar Member Posts: 78

Ya. i so agree with your title. Fun yet garbage

• Caretaker
    edited May 2018

@Blueberry said:
    He's fun i'll give him that, but weak. The gas effect needs to last much longer at base and the blurred vision much worse. Either those or make it so for the gas duration you can't use windows or pallets. That would ACTUALLY make it a zone denial and block pallet looping. Currently it does neither. So many killers are too addon dependent.

See and that's the buffs I'd give him. No actions in the cloud, maybe a bit after. If you're hit directly with a bottle maybe a minor stun if you fully charged it? Faster reload. Better trajectory. Bigger cloud size, have it spread faster. 5 bottles minimum. Right now there's almost no reason to bottle someone when you can just hit them instead.

• Caretaker

@ThePloopz said:
    Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Caretaker said:

@sorrowen said:    His power is good but survivors have time on their side and they shouldn’t and yes I mean gen rush.        It's an interesting power but the reload time is ridiculously long. It's a pain to lob it properly and slows you down. I can aim it fine before anyone tells me I need to figure it out. The problem is they have 0 distance to them. They can barely clear any distance so a longer chase is a huge detriment. They'll just run around the cloud if you try to hit a long range one. Now you've lost time, and a bottle.    @AsianMammoth said:    I agree, he's just an underpowered Doctor. Doctor's shock stops survivors from doing anything for 2.5 secs - this can actually counter pallet looping - however, Clown's smoke just slows them down and blurs their vision, doesn't stop them from vaulting, dropping pallets or anything. If they're close to a pallet, they're safe.        100% this. He's just a poor man's doc. Huntress can run addons for hinder that lasts 15s, can actually use her hatchets with a good trajectory, multiple in fact. Doc can zap and stop them from doing anything for 2.5s. I just dont get this killer.

You can throw it a good distance if you wait until the bottle shimmers That's what I was referring to. I fully charged it, and it's such a short distance. I can hit it just fine. Doing cross map hatchets with Huntress has prepped me for him, but his trajectory is so bad.

Yea I know what you mean now. His power doesn’t feel like it does anything. I personally don’t really like his power that much because it just feels a little bland to me.

It's extremely lackluster. There's almost no reason to run it outside of getting Deviousness points, and maybe cutting an unsafe loop? That's about it.

• ThePloopz
    edited May 2018
    Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:
    Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Caretaker said:

@sorrowen said:    His power is good but survivors have time on their side and they shouldn’t and yes I mean gen rush.        It's an interesting power but the reload time is ridiculously long. It's a pain to lob it properly and slows you down. I can aim it fine before anyone tells me I need to figure it out. The problem is they have 0 distance to them. They can barely clear any distance so a longer chase is a huge detriment. They'll just run around the cloud if you try to hit a long range one. Now you've lost time, and a bottle.    @AsianMammoth said:    I agree, he's just an underpowered Doctor. Doctor's shock stops survivors from doing anything for 2.5 secs - this can actually counter pallet looping - however, Clown's smoke just slows them down and blurs their vision, doesn't stop them from vaulting, dropping pallets or anything. If they're close to a pallet, they're safe.        100% this. He's just a poor man's doc. Huntress can run addons for hinder that lasts 15s, can actually use her hatchets with a good trajectory, multiple in fact. Doc can zap and stop them from doing anything for 2.5s. I just dont get this killer.

You can throw it a good distance if you wait until the bottle shimmers That's what I was referring to. I fully charged it, and it's such a short distance. I can hit it just fine. Doing cross map hatchets with Huntress has prepped me for him, but his trajectory is so bad.

It's extremely lackluster. There's almost no reason to run it outside of getting Deviousness points, and maybe cutting an unsafe loop? That's about it.

I think the gas bottle disorientation thing would be ok if maybe it was part of something bigger and wasn’t the main power but an opiton he could choose from. Like he could have a bottle that causes exhaustion for a short amount of time so for example if someone has lithe and they’re about to jump a window you hit them with the bottle that causes exhaustion then lithe won’t activate.
  • Caretaker

@ThePloopz said:
    Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said: Caretaker said: @ThePloopz said: Caretaker said: @sorrowen said: His power is good but survivors have time on their side and they shouldn’t and yes I mean gen rush. It's an interesting power but the reload time is ridiculously long. It's a pain to lob it properly and slows you down. I can aim it fine before anyone tells me I need to figure it out. The problem is they have 0 distance to them. They can barely clear any distance so a longer chase is a huge detriment. They'll just run around the cloud if you try to hit a long range one. Now you've lost time, and a bottle. @AsianMammoth said: I agree, he's just an underpowered Doctor. Doctor's shock stops survivors from doing anything for 2.5 secs - this can actually counter pallet looping - however, Clown's smoke just slows them down and blurs their vision, doesn't stop them from vaulting, dropping pallets or anything. If they're close to a pallet, they're safe. 100% this. He's just a poor man's doc. Huntress can run addons for hinder that lasts 15s, can actually use her hatchets with a good trajectory, multiple in fact. Doc can zap and stop them from doing anything for 2.5s. I just dont get this killer.

You can throw it a good distance if you wait until the bottle shimmers        That's what I was referring to. I fully charged it, and it's such a short distance. I can hit it just fine. Doing cross map hatchets with Huntress has prepped me for him, but his trajectory is so bad.

Wait so what do you want him to do be able to throw bottles across the map? He’s not huntress he his own killer, he has bottles not hatches so it makes sense why the trajectory is different and the distance is different. I personally think it’s ok distance but to say it has 0 distance is a bit of an exaggeration  I'm saying for long range, he can't do anything, so what's the point of cutting off an area if you have to be RIGHT on a survivor to do it? It's a really uncomfortable range that you either can hit it, overshoot it, or are better off just nailing the survivor. I might not want a cross map toss, but I wanna be able to have some range.

I think the bottle would be ok if maybe it was part of something bigger and wasn’t the main power but an opiton he could choose from. Like he could have a bottle that causes exhaustion for a short amount of time so for example if someone has lithe and they’re about to jump a window you hit them with the bottle that causes exhaustion then lithe won’t activate. 

I've heard some people say he feels like he has a two part power that wasn't finished. It needs a lingering effect or something.

• ThePloopz
    Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:
    Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said: Caretaker said: @ThePloopz said: Caretaker said: @sorrowen said: His power is good but survivors have time on their side and they shouldn’t and yes I mean gen rush. It's an interesting power but the reload time is ridiculously long. It's a pain to lob it properly and slows you down. I can aim it fine before anyone tells me I need to figure it out. The problem is they have 0 distance to them. They can barely clear any distance so a longer chase is a huge detriment. They'll just run around the cloud if you try to hit a long range one. Now you've lost time, and a bottle. @AsianMammoth said: I agree, he's just an underpowered Doctor. Doctor's shock stops survivors from doing anything for 2.5 secs - this can actually counter pallet looping - however, Clown's smoke just slows them down and blurs their vision, doesn't stop them from vaulting, dropping pallets or anything. If they're close to a pallet, they're safe. 100% this. He's just a poor man's doc. Huntress can run addons for hinder that lasts 15s, can actually use her hatchets with a good trajectory, multiple in fact. Doc can zap and stop them from doing anything for 2.5s. I just dont get this killer.

You can throw it a good distance if you wait until the bottle shimmers        That's what I was referring to. I fully charged it, and it's such a short distance. I can hit it just fine. Doing cross map hatchets with Huntress has prepped me for him, but his trajectory is so bad.

Wait so what do you want him to do be able to throw bottles across the map? He’s not huntress he his own killer, he has bottles not hatches so it makes sense why the trajectory is different and the distance is different. I personally think it’s ok distance but to say it has 0 distance is a bit of an exaggeration  I'm saying for long range, he can't do anything, so what's the point of cutting off an area if you have to be RIGHT on a survivor to do it? It's a really uncomfortable range that you either can hit it, overshoot it, or are better off just nailing the survivor. I might not want a cross map toss, but I wanna be able to have some range.

I think the bottle would be ok if maybe it was part of something bigger and wasn’t the main power but an opiton he could choose from. Like he could have a bottle that causes exhaustion for a short amount of time so for example if someone has lithe and they’re about to jump a window you hit them with the bottle that causes exhaustion then lithe won’t activate. 

I've heard some people say he feels like he has a two part power that wasn't finished. It needs a lingering effect or something.

It definitely feels like it’s missing that mmf that other killer powers have
  • AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

Yeah, I can agree too the idea that I actually do have fun playing him but I still know he is weak, it's a strange relationship with this new killer.

• ZeBee
    ZeBee Member Posts: 47

@Caretaker said:

@Slowgaleo said:
    Think you should give it a few days of testing him / playing against him before posting stuff like this. People don’t know how to properly use him / counter him yet. It takes time.

You throw the gas, it disorients and slows. There's not much else to it man. I understand waiting, but he's not Hag, or Doc, or someone that has extra bits thrown in.

The new killer has A LOT of extra bits on him, you can throw the bottles to cut survivors off, its not the best to just throw the bottles at the survivor unless you have addons that make the effects last longer. Using a bottle at a window makes it a slow vault just fyi and if you use it at the pallet their vision gets a blurry and you can mind game them if they stay for too long. Theres a lot to this killer imo hes mid-tier hes not #########, but hes not the best either. he has a good balance

• ZeBee

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Here's how...

I like what you said. and also people in this discussion keep in mind this is PTB where the devs can adjust stuff, they're probably going to put out a survey within the next week or so. asking about all the new content and fixes they've done so

• @Caretaker said:

@Slowgaleo said:

I am totally agree with this point , there is no extra skill only throw the gas

• Mc_Harty

@ZeBee said:

The new killer has A LOT of extra bits on him, you can throw the bottles to cut survivors off, its not the best to just throw the bottles at the survivor unless you have addons that make the effects last longer. Using a bottle at a window makes it a slow vault just fyi and if you use it at the pallet their vision gets a blurry and you can mind game them if they stay for too long. Theres a lot to this killer imo hes mid-tier hes not #########, but hes not the best either. he has a good balance

Exactly.

He's no Hillbilly or Nurse but he's not that #########. He's balanced atm. No one knows how to properly play him or play against him yet. Give him time.

• ZeBee

@Mc_Harty said:

@ZeBee said:

Exactly.

He's no Hillbilly or Nurse but he's not that #########. He's balanced atm. No one knows how to properly play him or play against him yet. Give him time.

Speaking of which I just got 4k 4 iridescents on him https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1398191409 which you can do on anyone, but I still suck at him

• Mc_Harty

@ZeBee said:
    Speaking of which I just got 4k 4 iridescents on him https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1398191409 which you can do on anyone, but I still suck at him

lol, nice to see I'm not the only one that picked the blue suit for him.