Question: are they going to change add-ons that were affected by Tinkerer in the next patch?

@not_Queen If someone on the dev team could please clarify. I know they're changing Tinkerer to do something else. That's fine. They've said that they want to change add-ons that were previously affected by it. But it's not clear if in the next patch they're fixing the add-ons that were affected or do we have to wait for however long for the add-ons to be buffed?

It gets all confusing.

Comments

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

Probably not in the next patch seeing as changes like that weren't in the PTB. Aside from the Trapper and Hag changes.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    edited July 2018

They're just gonna remove the tinkerer possibility of all powers/add-ons, and possibly rework some charging times accordingly.
    I know some Huntress add-ons get nerfed, on top of the tinkerer change, for example, and they're boosting the base speed of Trapper/Hag for that matter, as well as making their setting add-ons not to be able to stack.

Basically, they want to normalize charging speed not to be able to attain a stupidly quick speed.

• Runiver

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Runiver said:
    They're just gonna remove the tinkerer possibility of all powers/add-ons, and **possibly **rework some charging times accordingly.
    I know some Huntress add-ons get nerfed, on top of the tinkerer change, for example, and they're boosting the base speed of Trapper/Hag for that matter, as well as making their setting add-ons not to be able to stack.

Basically, they want to normalize charging speed not to be able to attain a stupidly quick speed.

Possibly? I don't like the sound of that because the chainsaw Killers suffer. And Tinkerer can help on certain Wraith and Doctor builds.

You take Tinkerer away from Leatherface without buffing the charge add-ons and he is significantly worse. And I for one need my instant saw with Billy.

Well, I think they don't want instant saw and such to be a thing. It's basically a global killer nerf overall.
    Billy will sure be affected but it's no biggie. I suppose tinkerer builds on doc/LF/Wraith will be the most affected of them all, which is rather sad.

• Runiver

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Runiver said:

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Runiver said:
    They're just gonna remove the tinkerer possibility of all powers/add-ons, and **possibly **rework some charging times accordingly.

Possibly? I don't like the sound of that because the chainsaw Killers suffer. And Tinkerer can help on certain Wraith and Doctor builds.

You take Tinkerer away from Leatherface without buffing the charge add-ons and he is significantly worse. And I for one need my instant saw with Billy.

Well, I think they don't want instant saw and such to be a thing. It's basically a global killer nerf overall.
    Billy will sure be affected but it's no biggie. I suppose tinkerer builds on doc/LF/Wraith will be the most affected of them all, which is rather sad.

And who asked for more Killer nerfs?

No one, as usual. Devs just do what seems convenient to them. They just don't want to bother calculating stuff considering tinkerer in the equations, so they just revamp Tinkerer and call it a day, basically.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    I seem to recall them saying that they were going to buff some of the add-ons that were affected by Tinkerer but unsure.
  • Deverer
    Deverer Member Posts: 24

Honestly for the longterm health of the game it's a good idea to keep balance normalized. However at this current point in time it's kinda iffy. Especially when (in my opinion) Huntress can be screwed over by maps and LF's only good addons are his charge ones.

As for the instasaws and instahatchets I'm glad they're gone. It just didn't feel right using them and it cut out a lot of the skill in using them.

We'll have to see what will happen with buffing the addons. Probably will come with the next killer patch a couple months from now (and hopefully the DS and SC changes).

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Runiver said:

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Runiver said:

To be honest, they will nerf the only build that made Wraith playable.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

Nope

• Runiver

About the answer :
    Horvath actually adressed it in the stream and said they would tweak the values of add-ons accordingly.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

The last thing I sw was that they were nerfing tinkerer but buffing base stats on the killers to compensate. So no ore machine gun builds but the change allows them fix each killer now individually without having to deal with tinkerer.

• Runiver

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Runiver said:
    About the answer :
    Horvath actually adressed it in the stream and said they would tweak the values of add-ons accordingly.

Okay, but are they doing it in the mid-chapter patch or is that coming later?

Also, interestingly; if you use the Bulb + Guide without Tinkerer it takes 2.5 seconds for the saw to come out. Same applies to the Bulb/Guide + Spark Plug/Thompson's Mix.

So it doesn't matter in what combination of add-ons you use so long as you have one that affects charge Moderately and Slightly. Pro tip for anyone who doesn't know, always try to run at least one add-on that decreases the cooldown (the Guide or the Mix) because without it you have to wait 2 seconds to rev the saw again.

No dates, "soontm" very likely. I'll try to get a more straighforward answer from Horvath when he'll be on tomorrow.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Hillbilly420 said:
    @not_Queen If someone on the dev team could please clarify. I know they're changing Tinkerer to do something else. That's fine. They've said that they want to change add-ons that were previously affected by it. But it's not clear if in the next patch they're fixing the add-ons that were affected or do we have to wait for however long for the add-ons to be buffed?

It gets all confusing.

Take huntress for example.
    Her wind up addons even got nerfed even though they removed tinkerer too.
    Guess she dropped from her upper mid tier position now

• Runiver

@Hillbilly420 said:
    @Runiver Any word back?

Nope, hard to get to Horvath. We can usually speak to Jeff since he's here everyday, Horvath is way more inconsistent when it comes to discord presence.