Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

It scares me..

With introduced Dedicaded Servers Killers will not be able to know that they will play against SWF. It seems that they even will not get bonus BloodPoints for playing vs SWF.

Probably, this unknowing will force Killers to play more as Nurse, Spirit, and use Mori's more frequently. I have 17 Ebonys on Nurse and 23 Ebonys on Spirit from past event with mystery boxes. So... the Time to use it is coming.

Comments

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,985

I was in a 3 man SWF today with one random Claudette. I was rank 5 before the match, random was rank 6, my first friend was rank 9, and the other was rank 16 (he hardly plays).

We played against a pig who was like rank 8 or 9 (if I remember correctly) who didn't tunnel and applied pressure to everyone. At the end of the match everyone except for me died, funnily enough in order by rank (i never got hooked).

The killer said in post game chat "Ah, the ranks make sense now"

So basically what they learned through the gameplay was that my rank 16 friend was the easiest mark, the rank 6 claudette teabagged alot but wasn't that great, and I looped her for days either at killer shack or the car shop with the two windows in the middle.

tl'dr: On any team, there's a weak link. Find it and start there, then work your way up

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Playing with friends = total tryhards

All swf players are exactly the same!

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273

All, no. A vast majority, yes. 70% of all matches have at least a team of two or more in SWF, of that 70%, i'm sure 90% are going all out to win.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

Well, move at your own pace.

You'll kill em every time.

(Myers Reference)

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442
    edited August 2019

already so many nurspirits here so it doesn't matter

because if something disadvantages to killer still those 2 killers can never cares

only wm1 killers reduces even more and damaged

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Yea most Killers are afraid of a challenge they use the best perks play nurse use ebonies every game and omega blink. Both sides can do this. And no the majority of SWF is not uber coordinated tryhard sweats. Even at high ranks. All your evidence of the majority of swf being uber tryhards is most likely false.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Not for me. I can tell immediately whether I've gotta use my PB or not.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273

Everyone is a try hard. Nobody goes into a match wanting to lose. Everyone tries to win, thus everyone is a try hard. Difference is that the game is balanced for Killers going try hard, and for 4 RANDOMS without voice comms going try hard. Now answer this : Which side is trying harder? The Killers who do everything within the game bounds to win, or the Survivors using everything within the games bounds, and also OUTSIDE the games bounds for even more power?

• dastaeryk
    dastaeryk Member Posts: 40

If they can't remove the swf or the outside comms, which is clearly not viable, at least let killers get 150% bp points to compensate the disadvantage

• dastaeryk
    dastaeryk Member Posts: 40

It's not a try hard fact.

It's the likeliness of them to communicate verbally, which definitely impacts the match management by their side.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

OP complains about not knowing if he faces SWF or not, so he fears he will have unfun games.

Talks about using Stuff to make the game unfun for the Survivors.

Nice doublestandards.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Or they could just be a group of friends wanting to have fun against a random player and try to survive?

• MemberBerry
    MemberBerry Member Posts: 394

The problem is you never know. You can have a group like Zet0r's swf group which is the chillest group ever, and you can have a group like Marth88's depip squad which rushes gens asap and gets out. It's a double edge sword and a reason why discussing swf is painful af. Everyone who says swf isn't broken will say "oh but most swf groups are chill" which is absolutely invalid when taking high rank games into consideration. Most high rank swf teams are impossible to do well against.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    edited August 2019

I'm just going to start saving up Scratched Mirror add ons and Lery offerings and send them all there

No more Object, no more spine chill, only fear

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Not in my lobbies. People still join individually, if they are solo.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

Nurse Is getting nerfed for this reason, keep play the same killers yeah, so the next one to get nerfed Will be billy

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

This is gonna hurt to hear, but if its problematic at high ranks, maybe you dont belong that high.

Like, if the swf squads that high are beating you, maybe you belong just below them. On top of that, if they're THAT good and beat EVERY killer, eventually there will be more of them than killers, and you get instant games.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

Swf communication is hugely advantageous with or without sweaty coordination as it grants knowledge beyond what would be given in the match.

To state one example of many: one survivor sees Wraith and tells the group who the killer is before they see for themselves.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

They don't. I have had a few lobbies with only 1 person sitting for awhile until 3 suddenly pop up.

• AWesley91
    AWesley91 Member Posts: 151

Killers gripe about voice coms but then go "if someone dcs thats your teammate, not my problem."

A "team" game that does not even default let you use comms is BS

• SoloSurvivorMain
    SoloSurvivorMain Member Posts: 67

LoL @ the killers who are salty about swf becauae you just want an easy win uncoordinated squad of survivors to be in your match if you really want that so bad just depip untill you play with noobs then swf wont even matter or just find a killer you can easily kill everyone as swf or not ive played swf a lot usually not try hard unless i actually play with my friends then i do want to survive but i dont always live all the time i usually just scrounge for bloodpoints as should the killers to rank... Swf isnt that hard to deal with just deal with it differently like play freddy or something spam teleport generators like what do you expect playing a game with the option to survive with friends ? To always find groups of solos!?!?! Thats unreasonable but maybe they could incorporate play killer against solo survivors vs swf like \<(`_´)>/ not that hard to kill a whole swf group...

• Chaddad2169
    Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

it's not as if people already spam Nurse and Spirit no matter what at red and purple ranks 🙄

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

Yeah facing a challenge pretty much is what survivors call "no fun". NOED is a perfect example, a perfectly well balanced perk that gives all its power to the end, can be counter played and comes at a cost to the killer for its use. Even survivors who admit its balanced say its no fun because it rewards a killer who failed. Aka killer gets a 2ed chance and thats no fun... all the while with perks like Adrenalin and addons like insta heals being ignored in the argument for the survivors 2ed, 3ed and 4th chances.

Whats really decide for both sides isn't so much challenge increase... i mean this is a asymmetrical pvp game, but the lack of diversity which will occur when kills have to use the best killers to be just competent and a threat. Different killers are suppose to be the variable which keeps the game fresh for both sides, but it only works if their competent.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

or they just have friends and want to play with them?

From time to time i play 4 Man, often with new players i know from RL, that i wanna introduce the game. They would very likely be gone at this point if they would play solo all the time.

It is kinda sad that some people wanna make SWF a bad thing while it is usually important for the game.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

They don't for me. I have lobbies where Survivors join individually.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926
    edited August 2019

Swf coms grants knowledge beyond what the game gives you. Therefore an unfair advantage.

Logic

Buff solo and tweak killers, maps or whatever needs to be done. But definitely buff survivor.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
  • Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Bring your Mori's, I don't care.

It'll be fun to finally not have a lag disadvantage in every game.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

Flashlight saves are changed in a way that I would probably say that when it happens succefully it's totally the fault of the killer for not checking the area or looking against a wall. But that's another topic.

I personally like the challenge to play with randoms. But you need to understand that many randoms are really bad, and dealing with 3 random potatoes against a decent Billy/spirit/Nurse can be quite frustating. Especially when it feels like that your team mates are more dangerous than the killer itself.

I try to play in a group if it's possible, but I never use voice coms cuz I don't like talking while playing and it's really op if you do communicate everything like a S.W.A.T. Team