We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Why can flashlights completely delete Wraith's power?

Rydog
Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
edited August 2019 in General Discussions

Why do flashlights burn Wraith completely out of cloak and stun him? I just played a Wraith game vs. three flashlight carriers, and I basically could not use my cloak, even for the speed boost alone, because someone would always immediately flashlight me out of it. I understand and have no issue with flashlights as an overall game mechanic; survivors can use them to stun a killer, and the killer must take care to play around them. But Wraith essentially has no chance against a squad of flashlight-users. They don't even have to be aiming it at your head to do it.

@Peanits Why do you guys think this is a good idea, at all, especially considering Wraith's map pressure shortcomings? Can you share your design intent around this particular weakness, and why you believe it's still necessary as the game exists right now?

Comments