Solo survivors what makes you play solo?

Shaped
Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

In one year of playing dbd, the only time I played swf was a few games with my rl friend. It was mostly just messing around because he never plays dbd and he is not good at it.

The reason I don't make friends to play swf is I don't like talking when playing this game for some reason. Plus I am a bit of a introvert and If I do play other games with mic I do it with people I know like I said.

What are your reasons for playing solo?

Comments

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

i have no friends.... no uh, seriously its just mainly because i was the first of my friends to get this game so i just got used to playing solo. a few of my friends have the game now but they dont play as much as me. and when we do play we get each other killed half the time XD

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    edited August 2019

Boredom from EZ mode SWF.

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313

I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I don't need friends <3

• Bigyo369
    Bigyo369 Member Posts: 78

Long killer waiting time...

• Jimsalabim
    Jimsalabim Member Posts: 641

Yeah that's mostly the reason i play solo too. the occasional swf is 99% without voice com since i just don't like to talk or hear others (esp when i don't know them well). i have a tendacy of being irritated with someone else's voice too if i can't put a face on them. hard to explain

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Cause I won't feel bad when I sandbag them... Or leave them to die.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

I play solo when I want to play survivor and no friends can/want to play. About as straightforward as it gets I guess 😄

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

A change of pace from frustrating killer games.

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299

There's no challenge in SWF. Plain and simple. Boring. I'd rather get thrown on a hook a thousand times as solo than play SWF

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

I don't like communicating while playing. Tho, I have a few friends I play together without voice coms. But they are low ranks, and we verse a lot smurf killers in brown ranks bullying new players which destroys the experience for them. So they stopped playing.

So I only play solo cuz I don't have another choice. I hate it tho. Mostly because of my team mates beeing garbage.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited August 2019

I don't make a habit of making online friends. Actually scratch that. I don't make online friends, period.

I'm not interested in forming SWF friends to play in DBD. And I am certainly not interested in talking to any of them by voice chat. Hearing strangers talk on the internet is annoying as #########. I would rather pull my nails out with some rusty pliers. Only Gen Z people think this way I think. I'm too old for this crap.

If I play a video game with a friend it's someone I know in real life who I've been a good friend with for years. I only have one friend who plays DBD, so sometimes we play DBD SWF but most of the time I play solo.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

I just like the game. I like to play survivor sometimes. Also most of my friends don't like DbD.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

DBD showed me I am masochistic.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,295

I solo survivor when

• Killer queue times are too long
    • I need a daily
    • I forget that solo survivor can be awful at times

I'd probably SWF more but my usual group quit the game and I'm not one to squad up with random players. When I do SWF I avoid ghosting the killer information to my teammates I prefer an SWF where we can just talk about random stuff honestly for laughs rather than being super coordinated.

I'd probably play solo more but aside from certain other survivors who make this game miserable I find versing Hag, Legion or Plague to be the most unfun parts of DBD as a solo survivor with how most of them play. I'm not saying those are strong killers to clarify it just makes me not want to play survivor.

• dist0rt
    dist0rt Member Posts: 32

i just left mmos where i played with others constantly and i need a break from all of that for awhile. it is always nice to just be away from having to deal with people when your work and life have too many in it already lol.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833

I enjoy watching my team do dumb things. I think it is funny.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Performance anxiety. I've played this game for a year and I am still a potato survivor. I don't like that I am expected to be a great looper or hit great skill checks.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Challenge.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 906

I have friends on PC I can play with but I mostly play by myself in spurts because you control your time. By that I mean, I don't have to wait for others to ready up, stop talking, come back from a bathroom break, check on dinner, all the things people do in between games and they don't have to wait on me. I can stop playing within an hour or two or pick it up later without feeling guilty about not playing long enough. Also, I can loop better when I don't have to talk. I'm not a great multi-tasker, so a joke at a bad time will probably get me killed.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I mostly play at night so I don’t always have friends online, so I usually play solo.

• boostedneamain567
    boostedneamain567 Member Posts: 21

I dont like playing self unless it's with my one friend,other then that i dont want to bother my friends nonstop asking to play DBD

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

Lol its funny I see all these I don't have friends, I do and honestly I feel like I play better solo but I normally play surv to get away from all the swfs, and play bob the builder... Yea

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Because even though I like the game, I would not wish it on my worst enemy much less a friend. That and I don't need to hear people stroking and joking through chat while I'm trying to get my vibe on.

• Bloodlust_Gamer69
    Bloodlust_Gamer69 Member Posts: 167

I dint have friends and I'm really shy so I can't get in a swf.

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

Because I’m my friends stopped playing a while ago and I don’t like playing with people I don’t know.

• mutabletiger4
    mutabletiger4 Member Posts: 185

I play solo when I want a break from killer and I have no one to play with. I normally only play SWF with my girlfriend and a couple of my other friends, we're all bad at survivor but it's fun still

• Jimsalabim
    Jimsalabim Member Posts: 641

killers are happy to have ppl like us cause we are the reason they have easy matches :) sad but true. Not that all swf groups are that good/toxic. but they are the minority nonetheless