Demogorgon looks a bit weak

is it just me or does anyone else just think the demogorgon is just going to be a weaker version of hag and pig mixed into one

Comments

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

It's all about how powerful his dash is. If it's weak, another mid-tier killer. He'll have map pressure, but that'll be it.

If it's strong, then he has the potential to be Huntress, Myers, or even Hag tier. Real good.

Either way, games will be slow against him.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

Two things I've seen brought up, so for the portals I've heard some speculation that for the base number, its going to be 5 portals that can be placed. Now for the pounce attack, I think we've seen the base max range in the stream. When you see him pounce at Dwight, it looks like he's JUST about to miss his pounce but it's a last second connect.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

this , im assuming the dash is gonna work like spirit fury/ pigs dash.

so basically if you try to try it down to late itll allow the demogorgon to lunge but still connect the hit but all break the pallet since its dashing.(i could only hope it works like this otherwise, this chapter killer will be boring to play)

• Chickenchaser
    Chickenchaser Member Posts: 391

The ptb will tell all.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

It's impossible to say how good it's dash is to help it in chases from the footage we got to see. So we really need to wait until the ptb. If its teleport is its only reliable ability, than it most likely will be quite weak and not too good at red ranks. But in that case the devs might improve its dash to make it better in chases.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

The dash is what will make him strong id say it only takes 1-1.5 seconds from gameplay shown to us to be able to use the dash. its also very fast so activating it before a corner of a loop or wall will get you some sweet hits.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I wonder if the dash attack is an AOE mechanic that can injure multiple people.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

PTB isn't out yet lol

I think if they treat it with respect, 3 portals at least, low cooldown on the dash/lunge, then it'll be strong.

Right now you can channel your ability, or so they mentioned, to get Killer Instinct on people near the portals, that's MASSIVE.

Anyone disabling your portals can't hear you coming so that's a potential free hit if you put one near the Gen or Exit.

If they treat the Demogorgon with respect it could be another Killer who doesn't need perks but until the PTB we won't know. I can see massive potential in this Killer from the Killer instinct on the portals alone. Of course, you'd have to open your view on the game to more than just loops, think outside the loops.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

The portals are ok for map pressure, as the match goes on it will become more useful since they wont be spreed out so getting to one to fast travel and sneak up on people wont be to difficult. They can also give you info on survivors locations if you put them near gens or gates. but still it all depends on his dash since it might (more than likely will) be useful at loops with long walls.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

I'd like to remind everyone that he get's stealth when leaving the portal. Meaning that you can quickly teleport to a gen and get a gen grab with no terror radius.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

I doubt you can travel vertically with it. It seems like a simple super lunge without turning.

• nighthawk2284
    nighthawk2284 Member Posts: 8

Nurse, Spirit, Hillbilly, and even somewhat Freddy are considered high to high mid tier respectfully. The one thing they all have in common is map pressure. If the Demogorgon can maintain good map pressure with his portals, then I think he will be at least mid tier.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

That would be interesting. And scary! Remember the PTB can always change for live!

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

We will have to wait for ptb then the council will decide its fate

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

The pounce/lunge/dash seems to have a big hitbox and might hir multiple survivors in a line/ on landing position.

Also it is definitely faster than pig and closer to HB speed.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

This. Its gonna make or break him.

The map travel portal thing isn't strong enough by itself to matter.

• FattyBehrX3
    FattyBehrX3 Member Posts: 19

im curious about his’ portals in the end end? Dropping a portal in front of each gate, to both know whenever a survivor is close by and a near instant way to travel between