We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

For people who want the hook struggle to be automatic.

Are you worried about breaking your keyboard?I can't count how many times i have seen people on dbd vids mash the the life out of their 'space' keys everytime.You don't have to.Just don't apply so much force into it and it won't break.Besides, you are fighting for your life against the entity, this is this is supposed to be tense moment.

Comments

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

Change the binding to MW down. You’re welcome!

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

Struggle in a nutshell "Oh you didn't press hard enough, i'm not struggling!"

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867

"Spacebar Game" is now up there with "Survive by Sunrise" for names people have suggested and that I absolutely adore for this game.

• womi
    womi Member Posts: 11

oh yeah it's a useless mechanic right, because in real life you'd say "The player could do the work" and you would also do nothing to struggle for your life, applause for your comment

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867

I wouldn't mind this personally, it'd even be fine without the holding a button part. Just skillchecks.

Though there'd need to be a memo for it. New players already die a ######### ton because they don't have any idea what the struggle prompt means the first time (they try to hold it, treat it like a quick time event, etc).

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,975

Did you really just try to slam my comment by comparing a game with a spider-like diety that feasts on hopelessness and desperation, teleporting floating nurses, teleporting hags, and other random crap to REAL LIFE???? ######### LOL

We're talking about making a game more accessible for people and leaving less room for lag kills and you say that's dumb because it's not REAL enough for you?

I appreciate the applause but I think you should reserve them for yourself because that has to be a record for most ridiculous comment on a DBD forum

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

It's annoying, and lag can occasionally still kill you. It's an outdated mechanic that serves no other purpose than to be frustrating.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

Even if people are worried about breaking their equipment - it’s still a valid reason because replacing that stuff is expensive.

And I’m sure that bhvr would like us to use that money on cosmetics and not using those funds on something that prevents us from playing dbd.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

So you seriously argue about somethonh where there isnt any space in discussion it?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Skill Checks.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I just don't think the struggle mechanic is an interesting mechanic and personally believe that "nothing" is a better alternative.

• twentybearasses
    twentybearasses Member Posts: 2

Rockstar has already tortured my X button enough. DbD making the change would be heaven to me.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

If you mash too fast it kills you or it lags and then you die but I don't really mind it because your still participating

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I used to play this on the PS4 so it was easy, but on the PC it is way too easy for my finger to slip and accidentally die. Also, yes it is a useless mechanic since it does not actually do anything. It should be automatic and then press a button to suicide, this also helps Survivors who are AFK until they are on 2nd stage, it helps that unfortunate Survivor who was preoccupied and forgot to cancel the match and it also helps the Killer get more than 2 hooks out of that person. It helps both parties.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

Lmao so funny but kinda sad. If you think about it, you press spacebar more than any other button

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,138

The first time you go into struggle state: "Oh crap! I'm about to die! This is intense!"

After 800 hours: "Again with this? Why?"

There's a reason the gaming industry has largely left button mashing mechanics behind. Players tend to hate them.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,880

struggle on controler ruins your buttons

• womi
    womi Member Posts: 11

wait let me use your form: Did you just say "[Bad word} instead of actually saying the bad word? what are you like 10?

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,975

you must be new here. The forum automatically censors cuss words..... -_- sigh Nice try though?

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

Just hurts my hand tbh, rsi and all that. Like im 19 and shouldn't really be having rsi this early.

plus my spacebars broken, has been since i got the keyboard i have now and i had to bind it to my F key. tried binding it to the mouse wheel but could never get used to it, and now i have to use my index finger which just feels weird for it.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

We want it because sometimes when the game lags you will die on the hook. I've seen it happen many times.

There is also the issue of disable players. They can't mash buttons like you or I can sometimes, so having an "opt out" rather "opt in" feature would help them.

Plus who wants to sit there and mash a button for 60 seconds anyway.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

It's just a very dated mechanic. I can understand spamming a button for a few seconds in game but for a whole minute?

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

QTEs have always been bad, I curse God of War and all the other games of the early 2000's that popularized them.

But DbD is lousy for still going with this dumb mechanic.

• NeaKarlsson
    NeaKarlsson Member Posts: 40

it is nice for the first few rounds where you feel stress but later with more playtime it just gets annoying. the game is no longer about fear or fighting for your life but rather about time management, juking and always a bit of luck too.

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757

I have to ask you a question too, because you seem to not understand me.When did i say that i didn't want people to gain another way to struggle?I said that i don't like the struggle to be automatic.As you said, 'it's funny when people who have no idea what they are talking about love to share their opinions'.

• Guertena
    Guertena Member Posts: 392

My hands are shaking, sometimes I stop pressing for half a second and die, the same for struggling.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited September 2019
    1. go to the options
    2. go to the control settings
    3. change your struggle key to "MW DN"
    4. success

Edit: sorry console players, cant help you with that problem :/

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375

What if random button prompts came up every few seconds and you had 1 second to hit it. Less mashing more skill.

• MimiDallas
    MimiDallas Member Posts: 45

Can be this finally adressed, devs? Literally NO ONE likes this mechanic.

• hexgongiveittoya
    hexgongiveittoya Member Posts: 7

I still get screwed by this sometimes. The game hates me and kills me even though I'm scrolling the mouse wheel.

This nonsense has got to go.