The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

SICK OF FACECAMPERS!

It seems that the only thing killers do anymore is face camp. Even when there is no other survivors near you today alone I have play 7 games as survivor and have been camped on 7 times it's just ridiculous. Campers ruin every game whether it be call of duty or dbd. The developers need to fix this before no one wants to play a game of hide and seek or be camped on.

Comments

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

And what can they do without demanding killers be forced to play how survivors want? What do you think will happen if they do?

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599

You should suggest those killers to read a rulebook. Obviously they're just misguided and don't know, how to play properly (according to a guideline). You can't tell if they know the rules if you don't ask. So, don't be shy to tell killers learn, how to play.

• whitehyena
    whitehyena Member Posts: 28

They could make it simple put a barrier around the hook like the exit that the killer can't enter but the survivors can on about a meter around the hook after a survivor is hooked that way if he trust to grab u while I looking problem solved he can sit there camping all day then

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599

I also think that downed survivors should pick up themselves automatically when out of killer's TR. And of course, in case if killers just stand near, after 60 seconds survivor should stand up with endurance effect, to punish killers for doing nothing.

• AWesley91
    AWesley91 Member Posts: 151

Facecamping is a successful strat for them and killers love it and defend it. They don't seem to care how much it helps killer ques get longer.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

What they need to fix is match making... Camping = no pip or de-pip if your teams know how to use your time on hooks.

High ranks almost have no campers, mostly tunnelers.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Too bad.

See the silver lining; you get to move on faster.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

Yes, all the campers of the game because of the depips. And this is what make new survs to uninstall the game

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375

When i started i thought camping was a good strategy because guess who flocks to a hooked survivor? More survivors. As you progress camping becomes less viable because better survivors make you pay by using the pack of pressure to do as they please, and you realise that keeping them injured/off gens buys the time needed to get the sacrifices.

Im only assuming with the new chapter release around the corner and it being what it is, new killers are going through the learning curve. This game has ebbs and flows and we have to go with it. Soon those campers will start loosing and they'll change it up.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited September 2019

@prayer_survivor I agree with you. Let me say that upfront. But I don't see Behavior caring about camping enough to do anything about outside of the emblem change for it that they did previously. Peanits commented to me in a post a month or so ago that they see growth happening on consoles, and expect the game to further grow when the Switch edition is released.

As far as PC. their average player count is above 19k. Their highest average player count since launch was just over 22k. So, they're still sitting in the high range of players since launch. Add to it that they have absolutely zero competition in the asymmetrical horror game genre, and Behavior isn't worried enough to do much.

Until, or unless, it starts hitting their bottom dollar through enough players leaving and numbers dropping, what incentive do they have?

And not just camping. Their matchmaker has been completely screwed for around two weeks now. Name me one other game out there with a ranking system that would allow their matchmaker to remain this screwed for weeks, with very little communication on it.

But hey, I'm sure they'll get new players buying the base game and the Stranger Things DLC in a couple of weeks. Then they can talk growth again, even if the new players don't stick around.

Just keep pumping out those DLCs!

• Bloodlust_Gamer69
    Bloodlust_Gamer69 Member Posts: 167

Thank you for speaking for all of us I totally agree :)

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I made a much more adviseful post in a much less screamed thread:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/84763/face-camping-has-no-counter#latest

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

Killers hate gen rushing so they make perks to stop that, but when it comes to camping they don’t make perks to stop that. Kindred isn’t the only one, but it’s not good. The point is is that killers can get perks to stop things they hate, but survivors can’t get perks to stop what they hate?

• The_Bogeyman
    The_Bogeyman Member Posts: 269

Feel sorry for them. Its the only way the poor saps can get a kill.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

I'm not saying that, im pretty much fine with DS. the only complaint i have with it is the ridiculously long timer because it goes from anti-tunnel perk to 60 seconds invisibility. either make it so when someone else is hooked it switches off for the other person, lower the timer its active or make it not apply when EGC is active.

• Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 348

These types of players are everywhere on PS4. They like hitting you on the hook while they nod their head too.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
  • OGOzSnowChimp
    OGOzSnowChimp Member Posts: 247

I like hitting people on the hook. The sounds are glorious.

• Locker_Monster
    Locker_Monster Member Posts: 496

Some people hit players they hook to stop the scream. It can be rather painful if you use headphones, depending on the character hooked.

• chieftaco
    chieftaco Member Posts: 230

once again, too friggin funny.. i'm dying over here.. and i quote:

"Killers hate gen rushing so they make perks to stop that, but when it comes to camping they don’t make perks to stop that. Kindred isn’t the only one, but it’s not good. The point is is that killers can get perks to stop things they hate, but survivors can’t get perks to stop what they hate?"

Kindred isn't a perk to stop camping.. its a perk that happens to let you see that a person is getting camped if that is the case, but mostly it's a perk to let your crappy teammates actually see what others are doing while you're hooked. it's supposed to guilt someone into coming and unhooking you because they can see that nobody is coming (when that is the case..).

it allows them to see if someone is being chased and where that's happening so they can circumvent the killer on the way to the rescue.

this means nothing if people choose not to come save you, so ultimately what's the point?

Actual anti camping perks do exist and are plentiful: Borrowed Time is the best one, guaranteeing a safe unhook of the person getting camped, but this can mean you have to switch places with them to do so. knowing this, someone dying because they are getting camped is not an issue of a horrible killer, but of a horrible team.

even without borrowed time, it's fairly easy for 2 people to save 1 person being camped. if those 2 people would instead shiver in fear and watch their teammate die, again, its just a horrible team.

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358

If there was some requirement to play survivor to unlock killers that would force killers to potentially have to see first hand how unfun it is to be face camped. Then maybe they will play in a more positive way.

• Locker_Monster
    Locker_Monster Member Posts: 496

Yeah, no.

I'm quite happy this game does not try to gatekeep or force people to play Survivors for <x> games/hours to unlock <x> Killer.

• VeNoM17
    VeNoM17 Member Posts: 64
    edited September 2019

Face camping is great love doing it vs swf groups. They just keep on trying to save with no borrowed time lol

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358

I don't want to see an unlock mechanic introduced, but that is pretty much the only thing I can think of that would potentially stop toxic campers. The BP decrease wasn't severe enough apparently.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

I've been kicking around ideas that would solve most the major issues players have with this game. I realize that too many people are entrenched in the current system so I don't think it's fair to those players to fundamentally change the game. But there is no reason that they can't introduce an alternate game mode that many would prefer. Take a look at this thread:

This is the relevant passage that describes my solution to camping:

Survivor 3 Life System

Survivors have 3 "lives". When the killer catches and puts them on a hook the survivor loses 1 life and is put in a ghost world for 45 seconds after losing the first life and 30 seconds after losing the second life. If the survivor is hooked in the basement, they will be in the ghost world an additional 30 seconds. While the survivor is in the ghost world they can not interact with any objects other than vaulting windows or other objects. The world appears black and white and the survivor can not see or touch the other players besides other survivors also in the ghost world. The survivor will not be able to see generators, totems, or chests either.

The survivor will also earn bloodpoints for collecting orbs in the ghost world. Small orbs will be worth 25 bloodpoints and rare large orbs will be worth 100. The orbs regenerate over time and survivors will be able to earn roughly the equivalent amount of bloodpoints in the ghost world as if they were working on a generator solo during that time. The ghost world bloodpoints will go into a general pool. The general pool is applied to any category that doesn't reach 8,000 points, but will never raise the survivor past 32,000 total earned.

After the timer is up the survivor will appear on a spectral hook at least 32 meters away from the killers current location. The survivor on the hook will see the shroud indication from Insidious around them. This indicates that the killer can not see them on the hook. Other survivors can see the aura of the hooked survivor and unhook them normally at which point they are back in the game. While a survivor is hooked there is no progress meter and there is no struggle phase. Survivors can attempt to free themselves from the hook, but the baseline success chance is 0% for the first attempt and increases by 1% for each attempt after. Attempts for the survivor to free themselves will take 1-2 seconds longer than the current system. If all the survivors are either dead, in ghost world time out, or hooked then the killer wins.

• chieftaco

don't forget you could just go unhook the person.. :) if it's too dangerous for you to do alone (in your opinion), just bring a friend or 2.. it gets easier.

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

Nah, stay getting camped. xD

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

You need to make not-camping very rewarding and should actually feel like a lost cause for the killer.

Right now, a killer can camp the first survivor and after the remaining survivors try to punish that by genrushing, the killer will get rewarded with noed. It's a nobrainer and way to ez to get 2 kills with nearly no effort. The reward-work balance is off. That's what devs need to tackle. Once leave the hooks gets a great reward and camping (besides endgame camping) feels like a real punishment we will see less and less killers camping.

• chieftaco

you just requested the way the game actually works. the game is very rewarding already for killers if they leave the hook.. most people's argument is that the game is unrewarding when the killer camps. did we lose you somewhere? sounds to me like the devs already tackled it.. :) not sure what you you said about a balance being off..

• justarandy

What reward are you talking about? Camping tunneling is much more rewarding than trying to to 3 hook different survivors.

• chieftaco

wow.. not sure where to begin..

if a killer catches and hooks a survivor he gets some bp for finding the survivor, chasing the survivor, hitting the survivor, downing the survivor, and hooking the survivor.

if he then stands there for 2 minutes watching the survivor die while the others finish and escape, he makes 0 additional points until the sacrifice is complete, and that amount is nowhere near the amount he would have gotten had he repeated the process.

if you do something 1 time in a game, you will always get much less reward than doing the same thing(s) multiple times. it's just math.

• Tensor
    Tensor Member Posts: 254

Dont bother bringing this up in a killer biased forums. They'll just insult you

• immortalls96

But once again your forcing a playsyle..when do survivors get penalized for playing scummy to killers?..never...there is no punishments for survivors unless they kill each other

• If survivor mains want less camping,

A. stop making camping a phenomenal strategy with overly altruistic saves and bad plays

B. ######### at the devs to make the game not seem like you have to camp and tunnel as killer

Either of these will work

• justarandy

I'm talking the reward in terms of kills. Not about bloodpoints or pips

• justarandy

What do you mean with playing scummy? Survivors can't facecamp or trap the killer in a corner lol

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Get borrowed time. If a killer camps do as many gens as possible until the survivor is about to die then go save the survivor. It's okay if the killer downs you in fact you want them to down you and not the person you saved. Borrowed time will give them an extra chance at escaping (and hopefully they have DS too so if the killer does go hard after them they'll get another free escape.) By the time the killer hooks you almost all gens should be done and if the killer decides to face camp you at this point he's an idiot and you'll get 3 or possbiliy 4 to escape.

When I was lower ranks I always used borrowed time and DS. Now I don't use borrowed time because I don't see many campers anymore and it just doesn't come in handy as it did when I was first playing and all the rank 15's and up would camp. But I still use DS because you'll get tunnelers in all ranks.

• immortalls96

You can body block hooks, sabo hooks in the killers face..you think killers enjoy dealing with that? No..but the difference is survivors get rewarded for it..theres no limit to how they can play..camping is already punished with emblem points on the killer end , cant tell one side they have no limits but the other side can only play one way

• justarandy

Drop the survivors or use M1. I can't take you serious when you complain about hook blocking and sobataging in 2019. It's not 2016 anymore.

• immortalls96

You very much seem to be not getting the point..ah well..I'm done here

• Kamikaze_Rose
    Kamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 247

Wait, I thought facecamping didn't exist anymore...

• shadowdrives
    shadowdrives Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2019

If you guys don't want to be facing camp: do gens, destroy tolems, make noise around the map. You are not give any reason for the the killer to leave if you don't do any of this. I seen so many people both when I'm playing killer or survivor bum rush hooks just to get them self killed.

Post edited by shadowdrives on
  • It is a problem for low ranks, but on high ranks the killer would get gen rushed and de-pip. The problem is that low rank killers don’t know what they’re doing and low rank survivors can’t counter it.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

What rank are you?

If you get out of the grey ranks you shouldn't find this kind of killers as often

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

No counter? Do gens. That simple. If all 3 of you do a gen, then you can complete all 3 of them before that person died if they struggle. Nice try.

From the Wiki

1 Survivor1.0 c/s | 100 % 1.0 c/s 80 seconds

Hooks have three different stages. Stages 1 and 2 each have a duration of 60 seconds

So, a face camp is 120 seconds.

1 gen is 120 seconds. All 3 of you do a gen. Bam, all 3 are done for one person. That's over half the needed 5.

• whitehyena
    whitehyena Member Posts: 28

I didn't loop or t-bag I'm just decent at getting away and using pallet stuns so when I'm eventually caught they tend to camp me. One even stood between me and the other survivors shielding me so they couldn't pull me off