Saving within the TR without borrowed time.

JordanMalicious
JordanMalicious Member Posts: 383
edited September 2019 in General Discussions

4 games in a row, a teammate unhooked me while the killer was chasing them, well within the terror radius but they weren't running borrowed time. Killer downed them and me. Needed to vent. If you're gonna save within the terror radius, have ######### borrowed time. Really helps out and stops frustrating ######### from happening. I'd rather stay on hook in those situations.

Comments

• Ah I see, if only you were more focused or had made the right choice. But you indecisiveness caused you to be stricken down by the killer. (Run Decisve Strike or don't get hooked)

• chieftaco
    chieftaco Member Posts: 230

why would you rather be left on the hook? at least you get another chance to run hopefully, and if not, you were dead anyway if they left you there, so why not let them try to get some practice and experience at doing things that are bold and actually useful?

at the very least you get a few more points for whatever happens in between you being put on the previous hook and you dying.

what a lame statement lol.. ~

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

The only acceptable scenario for such unsafe unhooks is if the hooked player is about to hit stage 2 and the player being chased is about to go down anyway. This actually buys the hooked player a little more time than he would have if left on the hook. It also means the next time he gets hooked he would only be second stage instead of automatic death. It also means the original unhooked player won't be put on the exact same hook again meaning it could be easier to rescue them than before.

These types of unsafe unhooks do have a place and tactical sense and done well it can save the hooked player from death. The problem is far too often a player about to be downed will just unhook to farm points because they are morons. I mean if I'm about to hit stage 2 I'll gladly accept a unhook because there's a chance I could get away or the killer will let me get away

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

Honestly whoever blames someone for running DS is just silly.

It's not just tunneling killers it protects you from. It protects you from point-tunneling survivors as well 😄

• JordanMalicious
    JordanMalicious Member Posts: 383

Absolutely true. If the scenario was me about to get to stage two I can say I'd never have made this post. Each time it was a few seconds after being hooked and I was still hearing the terror radius, the unhooks happened well before I was near stage two which is another reason it was so frustrating, I wasn't as clear in my post because I was a touch flustered lol.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

Well it depends... If they are facecamping you it's a risk to take.

If No one has BT and the killer is checking in on you every 3minutes it's a risk.

With my risk I try to take the hit.

If the hit fails I recollect myself, Heal and wait it out to see if the killer is still gunna be a pain. If he is then.. You are outta luck lol.

That's my point of view as a Survivor. As a killer (The Shape specifically) Here's what I do to combat BT: Stalk em' Wait til 99-ing Teir 3 and then when it's near 2 Gens or when they loop you long enough POP it. They lose their minds.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

MAKE A NEW RECORD GUYS, KEEP DOING IT! /s

• tobiii_xyz
    tobiii_xyz Member Posts: 5

Are you serious?! „Haha don‘t get hooked“. You can‘t just say : I wanna get hooked. Or nah i don‘t wanna get hooked Killer please leave me. Don‘t be such a smartass. /Yes that happened to me very often too. You could use decisive strike against these people! Dead hard is a good option too because you can escape the killer. But i‘d rather stay on the hook too!

• FattyBehrX3
    FattyBehrX3 Member Posts: 19

is it bad that I do that for WGLF? Lol I always take a hit for the hooked survivor or even 2 if it’s late game and i need stacks though DX