The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Can't have fun as killer anymore

I'm finally ranked 10 as killer, and now I can not win any more at all.

At least two players have Decisive Strike per game and when I chase the first survivor at least three generators are done. I'm saving bloodpoints to get Hexruin on my killers (Myers Doctor and Leatherface) but I do not even know if it will do anything. I know that these killers are not " god tier " but damn they're litteraly unplayable for me now.

And of course, I get teabagged at each pallet otherwise it would not be funny. These were things I did not really see before and I had a lot of fun without really destroying the survivors.

Is there someone in the same situation as me? I do not even want to play killer at all at the moment.

Comments

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    How long have you been playing?
  • Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    What do you mean by “win”? I actually don’t see decisive strike much anymore, unless it’s SWF. It seems players are starting to try to adapt without it early on seeing as there is an inevitable nerf coming.
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited July 2018

You are late to the party, this has been on since 2016

Even one of the best killers like Tru gets rekt also, don't feel bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgdnN6Pv2TE&t=448s

Solution right now is to Derank youself back to 20, help us stomp those noobs

They will never balance SWF, its been over 2 years and nothing has changed

• Vaxana8
    Vaxana8 Member Posts: 6

I've got 135 hours.

How can I derank myself back to 15 ? Cause I don't really think I'm supposed to be at this rank and I don't want to stomp new players cause that's not really fun.
    I tried leaving a match at the beginning but I did not lose a single point.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Except for myers, your killers are generally unplayable in high ranks especially leatherface assuming you are not using any addons. As long as you are not a god tier player like me who plays for fun and not that good at video games, trying to play myers is a waste of time as well. If I were you, I would derank and start to use nurse/hillbilly/huntress and get better at them. Even killers like zubat have hard time playing with those killers like leatherface hag etc.

• Vaxana8
    Vaxana8 Member Posts: 6

That's sad, cause I had a lot of fun with my old killers. Well, I'll try to play the ones you said. And if I don't have a lot of fun, i'll derank everytime to continue playing myers and co.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

Hey, welcome to life. Once I'm below rank 11, I stop having fun too, & I get tired of all killers playing the same BBQ & Chili, Nurse's Calling, Ruin on a hillbilly, LF, or a nurse loadout.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Dude barely had over 5 days, let him learn.
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Vaxana8 said:

At least two players have Decisive Strike per game and when I chase the first survivor at least three generators are done. I'm saving bloodpoints to get Hexruin on my killers (Myers Doctor and Leatherface) but I do not even know if it will do anything. I know that these killers are not " god tier " but damn they're litteraly unplayable for me now.

And of course, I get teabagged at each pallet otherwise it would not be funny. These were things I did not really see before and I had a lot of fun without really destroying the survivors.

Is there someone in the same situation as me? I do not even want to play killer at all at the moment.

Your mistake was to rank up.
    I know its weird, but DBD isnt a competitive game. Dont confuse it with other competitive games where your goal is to rank up in order to have fun to play with/against players of equal skillevel.

In DBD your goal is to keep your killer rank as low as possible such that the imbalance isnt that obvious when you play against less experienced survivors.

Especially if you dont have perks like ruin etc, dont even bother trying to rank up. As experienced killer with perks available to me I decided to have fun with "meme builds" in low rank because if I try to rank up, then I want to play the game competitively, but in DBD this is sadly not possible, theres always a SWF that can simply bully you and you can do nothing against it (unless nurse)

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    Yea after you reach a certain rank it does get tiring but usually once I reach the red ranks I’ll stop playing killer and wait till next rank reset 
  • EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    Vaxana8 said:

yep, i take long breaks and thanks for sharing this.  the farthest i have gone is rank 14 and wisely turned back.  never again.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Vaxana8 said:

yep, i take long breaks and thanks for sharing this.  the farthest i have gone is rank 14 and wisely turned back.  never again.
    no worries. somebodys gotta fill the baby killer ranks. 
  • EpicFailTryHard

Hey, welcome to life. Once I'm below rank 11, I stop having fun too, & I get tired of all killers playing the same BBQ & Chili, Nurse's Calling, Ruin on a hillbilly, LF, or a nurse loadout.

yes, survivor side is unbearable also.  i only thought i knew the horrors of being camped/tunneled.
  • Lowbei
    edited July 2018
    @EpicFailTryHard ranking is easy. your daily ranting excuses for getting 5k a game and depipping are getting old. stop playing nurse if shes too hard for you.

• EpicFailTryHard
    let's see a video of nurse rank 1, lowbei.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    oh, that's right.  you're full of it.
  • Lowbei
    edited July 2018
    let's see a video of nurse rank 1, lowbei.
    all of my killers are p3 50, tho i dont play nurse often. myers is bae
  • EpicFailTryHard
    she is p3 then?  it should be easy.  i am only p3 level 29.
  • Lowbei
    i like myers :)
  • sHAAN
    sHAAN Member Posts: 36

@Master said:

@Vaxana8 said:

I know its weird, but DBD isnt a competitive game. Dont confuse it with other competitive games where your goal is to rank up in order to have fun to play with/against players of equal skillevel.

In DBD your goal is to keep your killer rank as low as possible such that the imbalance isnt that obvious when you play against less experienced survivors.

Especially if you dont have perks like ruin etc, dont even bother trying to rank up. As experienced killer with perks available to me I decided to have fun with "meme builds" in low rank because if I try to rank up, then I want to play the game competitively, but in DBD this is sadly not possible, theres always a SWF that can simply bully you and you can do nothing against it (unless nurse)

So what´s the point of ranking up if the game design practically obligates you to play with a perk to slow gens progress i will say it again the problem in this game is what op says during a chase three generators can be done so fast there is nothing u can do if u don´t have ruin than going to the closed corner look a wall and close the game i hate gen rush. Also the survivors feel so powerfull and hopeful they should be scared and hopeless!

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    You've reached the first stage of this game. From here on it will get exponentially harder.
    My tip if you want to stay motivated is to take a different approach to the game. Play for bloodpoints only. Forget about killing. Whenever you see someone else during a chase, go after them and hit them. After a match say things like: "that was fun!" or "I love to toy around"

Use meme builds to maximize your points. You'll eventually depip and get to ranks which are more comfortable for you.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@sHAAN said:

@Master said:

@Vaxana8 said:

So what´s the point of ranking up if the game design practically obligates you to play with a perk to slow gens progress i will say it again the problem in this game is what op says during a chase three generators can be done so fast there is nothing u can do if u don´t have ruin than going to the closed corner look a wall and close the game i hate gen rush. Also the survivors feel so powerfull and hopeful they should be scared and hopeless!

As I said, there is no point in ranking up, I even suggest you to derank in order to have fun :angry:

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

For me, any rank past 17, started to be an exercise in frustration. This is where the fun started getting less and the BM, tbagging and obvious surv bias started to show its ugly head. Up to that point it is just n00b stomping.

How the heck do high ranked killers manage not to blow a gasket? I'd have a heart attack it is that infuriating. Some of the streamers do this all day. Id go out and murder somebody.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Envees said:
    For me, any rank past 17, started to be an exercise in frustration. This is where the fun started getting less and the BM, tbagging and obvious surv bias started to show its ugly head. Up to that point it is just n00b stomping.

How the heck do high ranked killers manage not to blow a gasket? I'd have a heart attack it is that infuriating. Some of the streamers do this all day. Id go out and murder somebody.

That´s the secret. But don´t tell anyone.

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371

@Goobz said:
    Someissues said:

He’s not one of the best he’s [BAD WORD] ######### 

Subjective.

• Doom_Punk

@Goobz said:
    Doom_Punk said:

@Goobz said:

Someissues said:

Subjective.

No it’s the brutal truth

Saying someone is bad or good is subjective. It's based on your personal feelings.

Something objective would be calling Freddy a terrible Killer, cause he is. Been proven many times.

• Doom_Punk

@Goobz said:
    Doom_Punk said:

@Goobz said:

Doom_Punk said:

@Goobz said:

Someissues said:

You are late to the party, this has been on since 2016 Even one of the best killers like Tru gets rekt also, don't feel bad Solution right now is to Derank youself back to 20, help us stomp those noobs They will never balance SWF, its been over 2 years and nothing has changed

Subjective.

No it’s the brutal truth

Saying someone is bad or good is subjective. It's based on your personal feelings.

Something objective would be calling Freddy a terrible Killer, cause he is. Been proven many times.

No it’s not. Go to his stream and watch he’s absolute garbage. It’s fact. 

I watch his YouTube videos daily. He's not the best, but he's pretty good.

Either way, entertainment > skill level.

• Doom_Punk

@Goobz said:
    Doom_Punk said:

@Goobz said:

Doom_Punk said:

@Goobz said:

Doom_Punk said:

@Goobz said: Someissues said:

You are late to the party, this has been on since 2016    Even one of the best killers like Tru gets rekt also, don't feel bad        Solution right now is to Derank youself back to 20, help us stomp those noobs    They will never balance SWF, its been over 2 years and nothing has changed

He’s not one of the best he’s [BAD WORD] #########  Subjective.

No it’s the brutal truth

No it’s not. Go to his stream and watch he’s absolute garbage. It’s fact. 

I watch his YouTube videos daily. He's not the best, but he's pretty good.

Either way, entertainment > skill level.

He uploads any game to YouTube where he thinks he’s done half decent. That’s one game in every five aroundabout. Nothing entertaining about him either, he’s [BAD WORD] cringey. 

He's uploaded bad games before. And I have watched good and bad games on his Twitch.

I personally think he's great and funny to watch. Do you think someone like Ochido or Noob3 aren't cringe material then?

He's got personality, something that makes him distinct from others. I like him soley for that reason. Same goes for HybridPanda, Monto, Puppers, etc.

• BLUE_APE
    BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282

Killers hardly ever have fun anymore, I never really see any killers who can't have a fun match, weather or not they win.

Ranks is when killers start getting salty and don't find it fun.

Same fore survivors, everyone starts using the same perks and no one runs what they want.

The game is rigged at this point, no one has fun in DBD anymore.

• Doom_Punk

@BLUE_APE said:
    Killers hardly ever have fun anymore, I never really see any killers who can't have a fun match, weather or not they win.

Ranks is when killers start getting salty and don't find it fun.

Same fore survivors, everyone starts using the same perks and no one runs what they want.

The game is rigged at this point, no one has fun in DBD anymore.

It's hard to have fun anymore when you play for thousands of hours.

I want to have fun more than I want to kill but with the way the game is imbalanced, I cannot. :(

• BLUE_APE

@Doom_Punk said:

I want to have fun more than I want to kill but with the way the game is imbalanced, I cannot. :(

The DBD phone game is more balenced DBD itself, that explains why I'm having more fun there.

• Doom_Punk

@BLUE_APE said:

@Doom_Punk said:

The DBD phone game is more balenced DBD itself, that explains why I'm having more fun there.

Lolol, yeah that's true. Identity V's been very fun.

• BLUE_APE

@Doom_Punk said:

@BLUE_APE said:

@Doom_Punk said:

Honeslty DBD could learn a lot from it

• Doom_Punk

@BLUE_APE said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@BLUE_APE said:

@Doom_Punk said:

Honeslty DBD could learn a lot from it

Mhm, doubt that'll happen though. BHVR does BHVR things.