Are Killers or Survivors more OP?

Options

In my opinion I think survivors are way to OP because of Decisive Strike, Dead Hard, Borrowed Time, etc.

Killers don't have any game braking perks and before you say anything you can destroy Hex Totems whilst survivors can keep their OP perks and It completely brakes the game and Survivors perks reward you for being bad in fact forces you to be bad in order to use. In conclusion you can use perks on survivor that requires no skill that get you easy wins. What'd yall think

Comments

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Hard to tell, since "Survivors" and "Killers" are a bit vague.

First its important which rank we are talking about. The better the rank, the better Survivor gets, since they have more potential.

But there are killers like Nurse and Spirit. Those destroy even the best SWF Groups.

It all comes down to what Killer we are talking about and how coordinated Survivors are.

• Rouge
    Rouge Member Posts: 102
    Options

I'd say the game has a weird bit of balance going on right now, mainly tied to killer selection. High teir killer are fair/op depending on skill. Low tier killers are too weak/fine and mid-teirs can feel weak at times but are otherwise fair.

I just think that the game needs something else other then chasing to balance around.

Overall. Rather balanced

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

well, the survivors certainly still hold the power role in their hands, but its not nearly as bad as some time ago.

the game is currently in the healthiest state it has ever been in and for solo survivors sake i would like things to stan mostly unchanged right now.

• BananaTiger
    BananaTiger Member Posts: 15
    Options

Survivor still OP - game is basically played around their mistakes. Gens take too little time to do vs coordinated SWF.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

In most situations, survivors are stronger because of map design.

But there are a few killer setups that can crush survivors.

• BananaTiger
    BananaTiger Member Posts: 15
    Options

If there was a way to rule out voicecoms this game would be easier to balance.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042
    Options

Survivors are the power role, so they are stronger than killers. The game improved but it is still survivor sided, and always will. You don't bite the hand that feeds you

• djsponge10
    djsponge10 Member Posts: 349
    Options

This comment will be the truth.

obviosuly 1 killer vs 1 survivor no hatch the killer will win every time unless they have a key or they really finesse you. A random 4 man or two duo swf vs about every killer but 2 it's really balanced unless you're playing as LF or legion. Hell legion can do a 4 man and LF could with right circumstances or potato survivors. Now let's put the potential game with no add ons on killer at rank 1 with a 4 man swf. Unless your skill level with nurse or spirit is great you will not pip. Now the more realistic common game if you are red rank facing two red and 2 purple, this is where survivor is still more powerful if everyone is an average player the only killers who can win reliably are nurse spirit hillbilly demogorgon huntress Freddy and hag. Maybe GF but other than that only half the killers can be used. The goal is to make every killer fun and have people who like to use them. I say buff those lower end killers and slow down gen speed a little bit take out infinites and the game is in a perfect state

• ignoredprayers
    ignoredprayers Member Posts: 42
    Options

The game honestly feels pretty well balanced for all the complaining, both sides have stron perks and add ons or items. There are games I play as Killer where the survivors feel strong, and games I play as survivor on a good team where the Killer feels strong.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,349
    Options

"Way too OP"

Don't tunnel, wait for them to use dead hard, again, don't tunnel. All those perks are there to counter scummy tactics. Don't play in an annoying way and you won't have to face annoying perks.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

Ds and BT arent op. Literally just dont tunnel and they wont be in play.

dead hard isnt op, but its annoying when used in the right way (which is for distance.)

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,024
    Options

Your right for the most part until endgame comes around. Watched a clip of Tru3's not too long ago where he had ppl getting super unsafe saves right infront of an open exit gate, and couldnt really do anything about it due to 2 DSes and a wonky hitbox that made him hit the person on the hook THROUGH the unhooker... He tried slugging a guy he suspected had DS, but eventually HAD to pick him up to avoid him crawling out the gate...and then of course got stabbed.

I typically am able to avoid having to eat DSes for the most part, since I typically assume EVERYONE has it and just leave ppl slugged if I know they just got off the hook. If someone dives into a locker right infront of me... Thats the only time Ill eat it. Eat it or not in that situation has the same result, except you dont get to keep your DS for later.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,024
    Options

As many ppl have said before me, the game is pretty balanced. If you go in expecting every survivor to have 6 different "crutch" perks that youll have to counter... It'll never surprise you when they ACTUALLY have it, and youll be able to do quite well.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Neither side is op, but I do think the 1v1 aspects are becoming an issue. For 1 person to be capable of stalling a chase to the point the killer loses or is forced to give up, it puts a strain on the asymmetric balance.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

Survivors are only op on certain maps and when playing SWF, otherwise it's pretty even nowadays.

If anything there's alot of underpowered killers which sometimes can make you think that the surv are op.

• TheEntitiesNeophyte
    Options

I couldn't agree more because there are enough pallets to last survivors an entire game even with continuous dropping because the map will always contain that one pallet hidden that comes important in the tightest situations and the infinite's in this game are just every corner

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,972
    Options

I think your bias is bleeding through a little (a lot) when you use D-Strike (one time use per match and typically when you get tunneled), Dead Hard (LOL, unreliable trash perk), and Borrowed Time (only matters if the killer is camping which makes it the killers fault typically when it works) as being "OP" and then claim that Killers have NO OP perks (hmm I wonder why every killer runs BBQ)

Now in my personal opinion, NO perks are OP on either side, but if we're talking about which side has the greatest POTENTIAL to be OP? It's killers hands down.

If you put probably any killer with their most powerful add ons and an Ebony Mori, that's basically an assured win every time.

• CrazyMage
    CrazyMage Member Posts: 100
    Options

definitely survivors

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

Lol depends which map, which killer...

Swf?

Perks?

Loaded question. Answer would have to account for nearly every combination.

Tl;dr and the only reasonable response to OP question: it depends

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442
    Options

you mean character? only nurse is op

spirit is fine

• Chickenchaser
    Chickenchaser Member Posts: 391
    edited September 2019
    Options

Decisive strike has nothing to do with anti-tunnelling. You get 60 seconds of snowflake safe space time to do a gen completely worry free. If everyone has decisive strike that's a combined 240 seconds of snowflake safe space free gen time. If everyone has decisive strike, and stuns the killer, that's 20 seconds lost. Going purely by numbers it's much more efficient to just tunnel decisive strike users. The perk sucks all around.

And dead hard is awesome.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Options

Average players = killer way more OP

Better you get at the game = survivors OP

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

Nurse

Spirit

SWF

Other killers

Solo survivor

• Xboned
    Xboned Member Posts: 461
    Options

The game goes to survivors capable of advanced tactics and coordination almost every time. Once the survivors get good enough to start fixing multiple gens at once in different parts of the map, only a few killers can put out enough map pressure to really compete.

• AceInTheKate
    AceInTheKate Member Posts: 100
    Options

At rank 1 survivors are more powerful. I feel more stress playing rank 1 killer then I do survivor. Most games you got to be perfect or your loose. Survivors you can now put pallets back up, have a perk that increases wiggle speed, can tank a hit and be completely invisible basically with p3 claudette. I honestly almost escape all rank 1 games but that's just me. I get lucky with teammates. The big thing is map design. The older maps favor the survivors and the newer maps favor both as it should be.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,389
    Options

Some killers just dont have the power to handle good survivors and need fixes (legion doctor and clown).

• SpookyJeff
    SpookyJeff Member Posts: 108
    Options

I think there's a bit of issue with SWF still just because comms are so strong, but in general, things are better than they've been since I've been playing. I concur with the sentiments above that the high tier killers should be left alone and they should work on making trash killers better. Survivors win in that scenario because they can stop seeing only spirit, nurse, and freddy at high ranks, and killers win because holy crap we can play someone other than spirit, nurse, or freddy. I'd love to see Bubba, Doc, Trapper, Pig, and Legion get some love sooner rather than later. You never really see any of those once you hit purple ranks aside from the tome challenges making Trappers freaking everywhere as of late.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425
    Options

But its still not balanced and BT and DS allow for brain dead plays that require no skill.

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928
    Options

Survivors. OoO is too strong on SWF of experienced hard try survivors who know what they're doing.

• StrodeWins
    StrodeWins Member Posts: 274
    Options

i’d say both are balanced, but this is because both sides are incredibly powerful.

example would be keys and mori, and if the killer has mori, is a guaranteed win. if survs have keys, it’s a guaranteed win for them.

so it depends.

but as of now, i see that this game has been the most balanced since release.

if we don’t stop [BAD WORD] nerfing killers though, that will change soon, so i hope the devs don’t come out with more nerfs.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    Options

Survivors. Nothing can compete with a well played swf. Especially if they running all the speed and second chances perks, what they in the most cases after my experience do.

Luckily you don't see them every match.

• dont_ask_me_again
    dont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490
    edited December 2019
    Options

On survivor side:

SWF, BT, DS, Adren in hatch game, Generators, Keys with SWF.

On killer’s side:

Bloodlust in some maps (with mind game pallets - the desired direction for the game), Spirit Fury, Nemesis on bubba, Noed in hatch game, Moris, Ruin’s also a bad concept gamewise as it slaughters low rank survivors and is RnG for the killer to win at high ranks.

I think the problems are pretty even tbh counting 6 each side.

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924
    Options

When you compare killers and survivors as a whole, killers are a lot stronger because you have a lot more useless perks and items as a survivor than you do have killer addons and powers. But since it is quite easy for the survivors to use the good perks on the character they choose and killers are stuck on the same abilities, I would say the game is pretty balanced for most killers and survivor sided when you use weak killers

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445
    Options

It's pretty balanced, but there are some killers that make it OP and unfun to play as a solo survivor. Ghostface is the most annoying to play against. Generally, the trend of no terror radius + a one-shot ability is driving survivors like me away from this game. It's not needed and it's not fun.