Spirit is the most unbalanced killer

For one simple reason: as survivor you get absolutely no feedback about what the killer is doing while she is in her phase state, meanwhile the killer (spirit) get all sorts of feedback about what the survivor is doing (sounds, environmental movement, scratch marks) while she is in the phase. How is that fair? Simple answer: It's not. All survivors get is a noise which doesn't really tell you anything other than she's close and if she has prayer beads you don't even get that. Ultimately nothing is based on survivor skill but rather on the skill of the person playing spirit.

No other killer in the game is like that. Even with nurse you get feedback about what she is doing. You can see how she blinks and use that feedback to counter her. Whenever playing against a spirit it doesn't even feel like I'm playing the game. Instead I'm just moving around hoping I get lucky and that the person playing spirit doesn't have a pair of expensive headphones.

I understand that there are perks you can use that make it more difficult for her to track you while she is in her phase but even that isn't player skill. It's just crossing your fingers that it works and she doesn't find you. But you have no idea what she is doing so there is no way to counter her though skill. It's just luck and perks that increase luck.

This is why I don't like playing against spirit. It's not fun and it's extremely unbalanced where survivor skill doesn't really matter.

Comments

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Nah, Nurse has add ons that can really put the hurtin' on survivors.

Spirit I agree is an unfair killer, but there are worse setups you can play against lol.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Also, bring a flashlight. If she tries to fake you out, just blind her lol

• BadgerT40
    BadgerT40 Member Posts: 48

Actually she does move grass. I’ve been playing as and against her for a while and I can garuntee she moves grass

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

Yawn

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    edited September 2019

1. You can see when she's phasing, the sharp glass in her body glows. You can see moving grass around you too. You can hear her footsteps. What more do dou want dude?

2.There are multiple mindgames to mess her up as survivor. When she's phasing drop a pallet and then Q&Q into a locker for example. Or walk back the way you ran before.

3. There are actually two perks that work wonders against spirit: "Iron Will" and "Spine Chill".

Don't cry about her being unfair, learn to adapt.

• go1gotha
    go1gotha Member Posts: 108

It is necessary to return the sound of the entrance to the phase, which used to be and worked in a radius of 8 meters. This will be fair to both sides. Mind games should be, but should work for everyone.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    edited September 2019

I find it amusing the ones whom know spirit the least pretend to be experts on her..its comical

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

The glass isn't supposed to glow, it's a bug and she does not move grass while phasing.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Actually, flashlights aren't that good against Spirit, she can jus look down to not get blinded and trick the survivors that she's phasing, making them jump in her arms.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

Smart spirits will avoid crows and grass. Also, isn't spirit not moving grassing anyway since some updates ago? Or was it just a bug and got fixed? Can't remember tbh.

Footsteps are difficult to hear with chase music. And often when I hear them the spirit is already so close to me that it's impossible to do a move.

Not op, but It's unfun, unhealthy and boring.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Spirit DOES NOT move the grass while she's phasing. There was a recent post about this.

The problem with both nurse and spirit is that when someone is really good with them, you have no chance to escape at all. Every chase lasts 20 seconds if they can predict you well enough and there is nothing you can really do.

At this point I prefer going against a nurse than spirit. Going against spirit is not enjoyable at all.

Also, just rework prayer beads into something else. Making it ultra rare won't fix anything.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I may not be good against spirit, but playing spirit I know there are counters. It's all a matter of playing and learning them.

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963
    edited September 2019

Can you please stop all these spirit nerf threads already?

*Spirit must remain untouched, since she is the only killer apart from nurse (at least on PS4) that can deal with toxic SWF.

*There are counters to spirit. Just learn to use them and stop crying. Iron will is the biggest counter to her. And prayer beads is fine as very rare. Use spine chill or premonition to counter it.

*Also, I know why you want her to be nerfed, so that you can bully and loop her like all the other killers (expept nurse)

• Rouge
    Rouge Member Posts: 102

Not trying to get into this, but I just want to say I disagree.

I'ma just sit back and enjoy this one

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963
    edited September 2019

The fact that only two killers are viable at red ranks, shows a more significant imbalance imo than this

And all killers make mistakes. We are not AI. We are humans.

Also, have you heard of the double back and q&q strats? Just saying

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    edited September 2019

Yeah, I agree that most killers are not viable at red ranks. This is the biggest problem of the game.

My problem is that it is super easy to predict survivors if they are not running iron will (and you have a good headphone).

I have really simple solutions to make spirit more enjoyable to go against:

- Grass should move while she's phasing

- Remove collision with her while she's phasing

- You should be able to blind her while she's breaking pallets ( i don't know if that's just me but i can never blind her)

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

agreed. i personally hate going against a spirit, it's really like flipping a coin wether or not you will get hit. spirit as a very common killer on high ranks sucks the fun out of this game and it's simply broken af.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

She's very strong but I don't think she's unbalanced, at least not to the point where she needs a nerf. Only Prayer beads needs a nerf in my opinion.

I don't know why some people want every killer to have a direct counter in place, If that was the case then playing killer would be pointless. She forces a different playstyle, play stealthy and you'll have a better time going against her.

Everything Thats said is OP about the top killers can also be said about SWF. As long as SWF Exists there needs to be killers there that can hold their ground against it.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Just add a visual counterplay while she is phasing the grass and corn is moving :)

• LordXyntharn
    LordXyntharn Member Posts: 3

I would disagree with the Spirit "needing a nerf" mostly for the fact that I myself have run into some annoyingly good survivors who gen rushed me whilst I mind gamed. Leave the killers alone and stop begging for a change. If a player is good with a certain killer, they shouldn't be penalized for being good at the game. The whole point is to adapt to playstyles. You won't get good at the game if the devs support your weakening of the killers powers. Just gotta learn to play better. I've watched many a survivor sprint wildly away from a Spirit and consequently get hooked 10 seconds later. It's all in the playstyle. I still have no strategy against a Ghost Face or Freddy, but to hope I avoid being seen. As a Rank 3 survivor, I see more Cannibals, Nurses, and every once in a while Spirits. If you got a Spirit, change your gameplay.

• Pulsar

Ummm, if she looks down then you know she isn't phasing.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Coin flips don't but rock paper scissors does so long as you do it more than once with the same person.

• NuclearBurrito
    edited September 2019

Given the nature of how she works, it is impossible as the Spirit to guarantee that you won't make a mistake no matter how Good you are, unlike with the Nurse where it usually comes down to execution the Spirit must often act off insufficient information.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited September 2019

Spirit has Nurse's situation. She's not ridiculously OP at base but with addons that are green+ she becomes so unbalanced .

Her base duration is ONLY 5 seconds so if you can throw her off once, she'll definitely be punished with 15 seconds, but with addons, she's a bit too strong since she has no punishment. That's coming from a Spirit main. @MegMain98 I think this is what you mean when you tell me she's unfun as hell right?

@Peanits would Spirit ever get an addon nerf to balance her out, like Nurse will.

To the OP, for now just use IRon will and Spine chill to tell her movements, that was you won't struggle at all since the combo tells you when she's after you and when you can vault over a pallet. Or when you vault a window, if Spine chills light goes, then vault back over because she went around.

That's how I face her anyway.

• NuclearBurrito

If she is predicting you then it's on you to be less predictable.

Unpredictability is an unbounded quality, there is never a point at which you can't be more unpredictable so you will never stop improving your ability to escape from a Spirit so long as you keep trying. The same goes for the Spirit with prediction.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

ScREw tRYin DiFERent PlaYsTyleS I WaNNa rUN iN mY dAMn cIRcLe aT my PaLLet!!

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Curious that you say green+ add-ons, when all the purple add-ons for Nurse except Campbell's Last Breath are trash.

• NuclearBurrito

Iron Will is irrelevant if you are healthy.

Needing iron will just means you've already lost a mindgame, and even then you can still mindgame anyways although not in as many places.

You being injured at best tells her where you are, but you can still mindgame with where you will be. For example the pallet mindgame I mentioned is completely uneffected by iron will, since she needs to commit before you decide what you are going to do, it means by the time she knows your response it's too late for her to do something about it if she hasn't already.

• Pulsar

Then I see your problem. You don't know much about the game.

• NuclearBurrito

Again, if you want a change then the best one would be something that gives you more feedback after the fact.

For example having the Spirit quickly show the trail she took during phase walk when she exits, thus giving you a better understanding on her PoV and thus making it easier to work out a pattern you can exploit, without actually preventing any given play.

• "Spirit is a challenging and balance killer and I want it super easy for me" is what Im hearing

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited September 2019

So, instead of staying in the matches to get better against Spirit, you probably RQ because "OMG so OP I don't wanna play, no fun BS killer". Sure I am assuming, but generally those who make a post about how they are bad against a certain killer often leave instead of playing and trying to get better. At least, are more likely to make a post then those who are good vs X killer.

The only thing unbalanced is her silent phasing addon, which unless you have spinechill or the killer is inexperienced, your in for a rough match, but not unwinnable, similar to omega blink Nurse.

Trust me, you can beat a spirit.

• MysticAdvisor
    MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453

Just equip spine chill and grab some popcorn.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I find it really refreshing to see the community gather together to say that BHVR really did make another high tier killer, everyone has been saying they never would and they did.

I don't play against many Spirits but I know from playing her it really is all up to skill in predicting Survivor movements. If you make it obvious where you're going then you will get hit it, if you run around all over the place making your movement hard to predict then the chances of getting you is maybe 50/50 maybe less depending on what you're doing exactly.

I hate that everyone complains about Prayer beads, Gen grabs oh no, not like we get Gen grabs with Pig but no one complains about that. Oh but we can see Pig we can jump off the Gen, well spread the word because people I play against don't know that. I have never played a game where I was oppressed by a Prayer Beads Spirit even when it turns out she had it, I never noticed her having them because she couldn't get any Gen grabs from either the Gens going too quick or a skilled player was running her around.