Imagine,Jendenise

Options
RailY
RailY Member Posts: 53
edited July 2018 in General Discussions

Heads up: This is not a post that says "Sprint Burst does not need a Nerf" because I think it does, but rather a post on how
people . although they understand something is off, they are not always good at pointing on , what is.

@Jendenise

Imagine having 5k Hours in DbD and this being your argument as for why SB needs Nerf >.<
Maybe if you paid less attention to chat and more to the game itself

-Nerf sprint burst, and only SB out of the exhaustion perks. The other exhaustion perks have conditions, and are not as annoying as sprint burst.

( original post : http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqjl4n )

I won't try to explain why that's inaccurate since half the people will agree with me while the other half will just agree with whatever a Streamer said at his/her last stream.

The dead by daylight dev gave a decent sum up though in case you are wondering how a half decent argument to this point looks like:

-Since it triggers so easily while playing the game normally, it's by far the most likely of the perks to have exhaustion up when a chase begins. To have it ready when a player needs it, it'll require more attention (and probably more walking!) than the others.

(original post : http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqjo34 )

If you feel like that's more of an off-topic post, please move it <3

Post edited by RailY on

Comments

• RailY
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Visionmaker said:
    I can't even tell what you are taking issue with.

As I said I won't add anything to the discussion. Trying to educate people over the internet is pointless.
    Just read what the "Streamer" said about Sprint Burst and what the DbD Dev responded.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

@Visionmaker said:
    I can't even tell what you are taking issue with.

• RailY
    edited July 2018
    Options

@only1biggs said:

@Master said:
    Its always funny when people say "I have X amount of hours" listen to me.
    In fact I know that jendenise almost exclusively plays survivor (quite regular even in SWF), so well..... I wish every streamer would play killer/survivor 50/50 and understand the game from both sides

But, she does understand the game from both sides.

Your comment was probably sarcastic but I highly doubt she understand the game from even the Survivor perspective . Being Rank 1 doesn't autimaticaly qualify you for a DbD Dev in the Balance department especially when you are not the brightest.

• RailY
    Options

@only1biggs said:

@RailY said:

@only1biggs said:

@Master said:
    In fact I know that jendenise almost exclusively plays survivor (quite regular even in SWF), so well..... I wish every streamer would play killer/survivor 50/50 and understand the game from both sides

Your comment was probably sarcastic but I highly doubt she understand the game from even the Survivor perspective . Being Rank 1 doesn't autimaticaly qualify you for a DbD Dev in the Balance department especially when you are not the brightest.

I wasn't being sarcastic, no. She has played 1000's of hours as killer on stream and off, probably more than True. She has 5k hours, 3k survivor and 2k killer (roughly). True has 2k split according to him.

You can't be too bright considering what you have said, so, pot meet kettle.

ok I will just slowly move away from you mow, you spilled all this White Knight dust all over me.
    I never said anything about Truetalent since I was commenting on a very different aspect of her post (since there were so many good cringeworthy stuff in there).

But hey you felt the need to mention Truetalent because why the hell not.

Thanks for proving my "not so bright" comment :3

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

@RailY said:

@only1biggs said:

@RailY said:

@only1biggs said:

@Master said:

I wasn't being sarcastic, no. She has played 1000's of hours as killer on stream and off, probably more than True. She has 5k hours, 3k survivor and 2k killer (roughly). True has 2k split according to him.

ok I will just slowly move away from you mow, you spilled all this White Knight dust all over me.
    I never said anything about Truetalent since I was commenting on a very different aspect of her post (since there were so many good cringeworthy stuff in there).

But hey you felt the need to mention Truetalent because why the hell not.

Thanks for proving my "not so bright" comment :3

My mistake for mentioning True. Several threads talking about the same stuff.

You're not exactly coming across as Billy Big Brain there, champ. White Knight? What are you talking about?

Why would you think I was being sarcastic?

What is the point of this thread? If I'm missing something please explain, I'm open to discussion.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@only1biggs said:

@RailY said:

@only1biggs said:

@Master said:

Ok now I am curious, can you post a link about some recent high rank killer gameplay of jendenise? I am honestly interested in that, I have only seen her palying survivor, but that might be due to timezones

• only1biggs
    Options

@Master said:

@only1biggs said:

@RailY said:

@only1biggs said:

@Master said:

Ok now I am curious, can you post a link about some recent high rank killer gameplay of jendenise? I am honestly interested in that, I have only seen her palying survivor, but that might be due to timezones

Recent? Why does it have to be recent? I mean, she's got 5k hours in the game :/

Here's what a quick search found on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzPRquTFmqc

• Master
    Options

@only1biggs said:

@Master said:

@only1biggs said:

@RailY said:

@only1biggs said:

@Master said:

Recent? Why does it have to be recent? I mean, she's got 5k hours in the game :/

Here's what a quick search found on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzPRquTFmqc

The reason I ask for a recent video is that the game and the players have evolved. You simply cannot compare the state of the game now to the state if was in a year ago.

The video proofs it actually, look how bad the survivors play. Also its interesting to note that she plays without BBQ and no survivor has DS. You can hardly compare that to a "classic" DBD game nowadays (sadly)

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

Like the first guy said, I literally have no idea what your problem even is.

• ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115
    Options
    This is a confusing thread. I'm not really sure who is arguing what
  • only1biggs
    Options

@ScottJund said:
    This is a confusing thread. I'm not really sure who is arguing what

Yeah, I thought the same

• Abyssionknight
    Abyssionknight Member Posts: 69
    Options

Surprised the mods on here (assuming there are any) let people make threads trying to encourage mob mentality against a single person. It's fine if you disagree with her, but why post it here, especially if you don't want to discuss it?

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371
    Options

@Delfador said:
    I don't understand why people turned against jen at all. More than half of what she suggested was in favor of killers. Even when she wanted to buff the game's pallet design in favor of survivors, she mentioned very safe pallet areas that suck for the killer.

Bloodlust is needed for some buildings but she already wants them to fix those issues. Other than that, she doesn't want bloodlust to be removed.

Pallet droppings are a problem too. Just because killers suffered because of pallet vacuum and other issues should not mean that survivors have to suffer too.

In every single post, I am always killer sided except for nurses and I couldn't see any problem with what she has said. The thing that disturbs me is that people including tru3 attacked her from different angles which don't even mean anything. Instead of her suggestion, people talk about how much she plays killer, why she doesn't stream killer etc.

I'm sorry but tru3 attacked her? Can you link me to that cause I don't know if I'd really believe it, he doesn't really talk about balance anymore.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    edited July 2018
    Options
    She says she doesn't want people to think she hates killers but she only proposes 1 buff for killers and the rest that could help Killers are crap that shouldn't have existed in the first place 

then you got the not survivor sided nerf nurse add ons and huntress add ons and the only nerf sprint burst not other exhaustion perks 
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@Doom_Punk said:

@Delfador said:
    I don't understand why people turned against jen at all. More than half of what she suggested was in favor of killers. Even when she wanted to buff the game's pallet design in favor of survivors, she mentioned very safe pallet areas that suck for the killer.

Bloodlust is needed for some buildings but she already wants them to fix those issues. Other than that, she doesn't want bloodlust to be removed.

Pallet droppings are a problem too. Just because killers suffered because of pallet vacuum and other issues should not mean that survivors have to suffer too.

In every single post, I am always killer sided except for nurses and I couldn't see any problem with what she has said. The thing that disturbs me is that people including tru3 attacked her from different angles which don't even mean anything. Instead of her suggestion, people talk about how much she plays killer, why she doesn't stream killer etc.

I'm sorry but tru3 attacked her? Can you link me to that cause I don't know if I'd really believe it, he doesn't really talk about balance anymore.

Here is an image in the second post: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/9784/tru3ta1ent-vs-jendenise-on-twitter-in-regards-to-mclean-bhvrs-response/p1

He literally blames her being a liar and the last sentence is so aggressive. Tru3 is a nice person and i actually am surprised to see that. Maybe the word 'attack' was an exaggeration.

@xxaggieboyxx said:
    She says she doesn't want people to think she hates killers but she only proposes 1 buff for killers and the rest that could help Killers are crap that shouldn't have existed in the first place 

then you got the not survivor sided nerf nurse add ons and huntress add ons and the only nerf sprint burst not other exhaustion perks 

Fixing horrible maps like cowshed-killer sided
    The game's safe pallets-killer sided
    The amount of pallets in the maps-killer sided
    Trapper-Killer sided
    Freddy-Killer sided
    Chainsaw billy-Killer sided
    Nurse and huntress addons nerf-Survivor sided
    The game's pallets for survivors-survivor sided
    Bloodlust-survivor sided
    Delay between pallets-might be survivor sided but it is a common problem. anyway lets say survivor sided.

Machine gun build is stupid, nurse is already very strong doesn't need her addons to stack. The game is just a gamble for survivors and hasn't got many windows. The pallets are distributed disproportionately so they need either more windows or a better pallet design. Everybody was complaining about pallet drops.

Only controversial thing is bloodlust and people don't need to freak out for this reason.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Delfador said:
    He literally blames her being a liar and the last sentence is so aggressive. Tru3 is a nice person and i actually am surprised to see that. Maybe the word 'attack' was an exaggeration.
    Being petty is probably more accurate.
  • xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    Options
    @Delfador all the things that aren't trapper fall under the shouldn't have existed in the first place category 
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@xxaggieboyxx said:
    @Delfador all the things that aren't trapper fall under the shouldn't have existed in the first place category 

Does that matter? To me everything that is in favor of survivors that she talked about shouldn't have existed in the first place as well. Pallet droppings shouldn't have been clunky, since nurse is already powerful, she shouldn't have been able to stack her addons,, machine gun built is worse than insta downs and very powerful etc.

Why do people look at the situation one sided?

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371
    Options

@Tizzle said:
    Care to wonder why Mclean responds directly to her and not some Killer main that has no clue what they're talking about?

Twitch streamer with a high hourcount.

• Master
    Options

@Tizzle said:

@Master said:

@only1biggs said:

@Master said:

@only1biggs said:

@RailY said:

@only1biggs said:

@Master said:

The reason I ask for a recent video is that the game and the players have evolved. You simply cannot compare the state of the game now to the state if was in a year ago.

The video proofs it actually, look how bad the survivors play. Also its interesting to note that she plays without BBQ and no survivor has DS. You can hardly compare that to a "classic" DBD game nowadays (sadly)

You must be a complete idiot.

Do you really think Killer was easier with true infinate windows, pre-nerf juungle gyms, pre-nerf 4 lanes, L-T walls with no blockers, double pallets, AND no bloodlust?????

Good grief.

Jen has played both Killer and Survivor since the games inception.

Care to wonder why Mclean responds directly to her and not some Killer main that has no clue what they're talking about?

Look at the game he linked, and then think again :wink:

• Digital4Head
    Digital4Head Member Posts: 1
    Options

Honestly... Imagine flaming people for having opinions. Feel free to agree or disagree all you want. Stop making this a toxic ######### show of flaming and witchhunting. holy #########. You're free to have your opinions, and if you want people to listen, list them out cleanly without attacking people.

• Zanthor
    Zanthor Member Posts: 2
    Options

Okay, so is anyone actually going to point out any specific issues with what Jen said, or are you all going to just continue to complain about Jen being survivor-sided and not streaming killer? In this entire thread, all anyone who is against Jen has done is just say they don't like Jen or her balance ideas, but nobody has pointed to a specific thing they disagree with, presumably because they can't. They just don't like the idea of anything about killer being nerfed, so they yell about Jen being survivor-sided and when they're asked to explain how she's survivor-sided or what's wrong with her post, they dodge the question because they know they can't answer it. They bring up entirely irrelevant information to call Jen's validity into question instead of actually saying what they disagree with.

Stop acting like children. Either talk about Jen's balance ideas in specific terms or shut the ######### up and stop perpetuating the drama train. It's unnecessary and immature and Jen doesn't deserve it. Even if her opinions are wrong, why ######### devote forum threads, Twitter threads, Reddit threads, Steam threads, and even ######### livestream conversations to just ragging on Jen publicly and trying to debase her validity? Who does that benefit?

• Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247
    Options

Nobody has 5k hours in this game, they idle the game to fake their hours or they hack it.
    You would have had to play this game for 8hrs a day for the whole two years it was out pretty much to get those kinds of hours.

No breaks, no bad feelings days. No short streams, eight hours a day for seven days a week.

Also I'm sorry but rank and hours put in only lends a certain amount of credibility to a balance argument, the same goes with the whole "I play both sides" bs.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

For those wondering Tru did in fact apologize later on for what he said and how he said it.

• ScottJund
    Options

@Sn0wJob said:
    Nobody has 5k hours in this game, they idle the game to fake their hours or they hack it.
    You would have had to play this game for 8hrs a day for the whole two years it was out pretty much to get those kinds of hours.

No breaks, no bad feelings days. No short streams, eight hours a day for seven days a week.

Also I'm sorry but rank and hours put in only lends a certain amount of credibility to a balance argument, the same goes with the whole "I play both sides" bs.

Yeah she actually does that. She plays way too much.

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Options
    Sn0wJob said:

I just wanted to let u know I'm gonna start using the phrase "bad feelings days" like no other. 
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

@ScottJund said:

She has a private profile with no proof though, at least angrypug has his hours shown with 4.3k hours, and he streams as much as her

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Someissues said:

@ScottJund said:

She has a private profile with no proof though, at least angrypug has his hours shown with 4.3k hours, and he streams as much as her

Well if you look at an above post hours played means nothing so some people wouldn't care. For me personally i keep my profile hidden due to jerks and trolls. I don't stream nor would I ever even though I've thought about it.

• kevinb420
    kevinb420 Member Posts: 32
    Options

IMO streamers complain too much and the devs listen which is kinda bs instead of listening to the community in whole. Jen mostly plays survivor whenever I’m watching her so her opinion doesn’t really matter to me on killer changes. I don’t care that you have “5,000”+ hours in the game....

• ScottJund
    Options

@Someissues said:

@ScottJund said:

I mean I can physically go to her computer and see 5132 hours, though the recent Steam changes make it so hours are hidden by default. Would be such a weird thing to lie about.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Zanthor said:

Okay, so is anyone actually going to point out any specific issues with what Jen said, or are you all going to just continue to complain about Jen being survivor-sided and not streaming killer? In this entire thread, all anyone who is against Jen has done is just say they don't like Jen or her balance ideas, but nobody has pointed to a specific thing they disagree with, presumably because they can't. They just don't like the idea of anything about killer being nerfed, so they yell about Jen being survivor-sided and when they're asked to explain how she's survivor-sided or what's wrong with her post, they dodge the question because they know they can't answer it. They bring up entirely irrelevant information to call Jen's validity into question instead of actually saying what they disagree with.

Stop acting like children. Either talk about Jen's balance ideas in specific terms or shut the [BAD WORD] up and stop perpetuating the drama train. It's unnecessary and immature and Jen doesn't deserve it. Even if her opinions are wrong, why [BAD WORD] devote forum threads, Twitter threads, Reddit threads, Steam threads, and even [BAD WORD] livestream conversations to just ragging on Jen publicly and trying to debase her validity? Who does that benefit?

Bloodlust : This is the biggest point of contingency with me. If Jen had said : “Change Bloodlust. Make the Killer gain Bloodlust 1 & 2 at a faster rate, however lower the amount of m/s speed gained per level, and delete Bloodlust 3.” I would have agreed with her. Bloodlust is a near worthless mechanic already, Jen’s proposal would make it even MORE worthless.

Certain Killers don’t need Bloodlust to be effective (Nurse, Huntress, Billy, possibly Clown.) That is because these Killers have abilities that help in chase. This is also why they are the top tier Killers. However, the other Killers absolutely do need Bloodlust, as their powers are not helpful in chase.

Billy is even more of a special case as his power not only helps in chase (insta down), but his power helps mitigate the time wasted being Looped by reducing his travel time from Point A to Point B massively. 

This change would offset the the hit box abuse that allows Survivors to “hug” objects closer than Killers for extended periods of time. Which effectively negates the base game mechanic of most Killers that have 115% movement speed, which allows them to chatch up to Survivors, for brief periods of time over and over. This is Looping. 

Currently, as a Killer, if you have reached Bloodlust level 2, you have already “lost” the chase, as you have spent too much time chasing one Survivor. The way I see Bloodlust working better for Killers would be : Bloodlust Tier 1 is gained 10 seconds into a chase at 0.1m/s. Tier 2 is 20 seconds into the chase at 0.5m/s. The values on m/s can be adjusted, just as long as at Tier 2 Bloodlust allows for the Killer to be fast enough so that even if the hit box abuse that allows for Looping is being used, it’s negated. 

Map Balances : Jen talks about map balance, however she limited it to the “Large building Loops”. She didn’t account for forthe smaller Loops, double T wall, jungle gyms, ect. That can be Looped as well. Again, these may not be much of an issue for high tier Killers, but lower tier Killers who do not have powers that aid in chase are going to be Looped here. 

Pallets : She wants the “spin” gone. Which would make Pallet play now Survivor sided than it is. Vaccum being gone is good, however with her change Pallets would become easy reaction based. Survivors would hardly have to predict the Killers movement and adjust accordingly. Nor would they have to preemptively drop the Pallet on a lunge swing from the Killer. 

Exhaustion Perks : I agree only Sprint Burst is in need of a nerf. The other situational exhaustion perks are fine. However her comment to “balance the exhaustion add ons of Killers” I’m guessing she means nerf them. By all means, she welcome to elaborate. 

Nurse and Huntress nerfs : Huntress to instant wind up and toss, I’ll agree with. We had Machine Gun once, we don’t need it again. Nurse, I disagree with. Nurse should have more than two Blinks, however dogging on her range add ons is is getting petty about her.

Freddy and Billy : Bug fixes that should have been done a long time ago. I don’t think it’s right to list bug fixes in her tweet. This seems like an attempt to try to sound more sympathetic toward Killers, without really being “balance” concerns.

Now, I’m going to leave the drama bullshit she’s said out of this. Though I’m going to say this : Jen, yes, I play on console. Yes, I have more than 200 hours, I have 90% of the trophies in the game. I’m not terrible at the game. It doesn’t take 5000 hours to know the intricacies of Dead By Daylight. 

Edit : Typo’s and some grammar mistakes.
    Post edited by SovererignKing on
  • Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370
    Options

@only1biggs said:

@Master said:

@only1biggs said:

@RailY said:

@only1biggs said:

@Master said:

If this is high rank game play then i must be a god as killer. Those surv sucked ass. I suck as surv. I mean really suck but even i am not that bad. Jump into a locker with billy that close?

That map sucks as billy though. Hard to move around quickly with so much street furniture.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,217
    Options

So what is the problem? I don't get your point?

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370
    Options

@Sn0wJob said:

640 odd days or so i just did the calculation but forgot already. Not that this is impossible but i think her hours are padded and she does not play 8 hours a day, on avg, for 640 days straight. No breaks if you play 8 hours a day. If she plays 12 hours a day she has no life. Heck. 8 hours a day and you have no life.

While possible, not likely. But who am i say?

• only1biggs
    Options

@ScottJund said:

@Someissues said:

@ScottJund said:

I mean I can physically go to her computer and see 5132 hours, though the recent Steam changes make it so hours are hidden by default. Would be such a weird thing to lie about.

Dude, don't engage with this guy. For real. His name is apt.

@Envees It's possible and also true.

Padded? This is her career.

No life? Scott has already stated this is her life and also poked a little fun at her, saying she plays way too much.

But you guys and your selective reading BS. Get a grip.

• Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247
    Options

@chemical_reject said:
    Sn0wJob said:

I just wanted to let u know I'm gonna start using the phrase "bad feelings days" like no other. 

Hey man, some times you just have a day where you are feeling bad and don't wanna stream.

• only1biggs
    Options

@Envees said:

@only1biggs said:

@Master said:

@only1biggs said:

@RailY said:

@only1biggs said:

@Master said:

If this is high rank game play then i must be a god as killer. Those surv sucked ass. I suck as surv. I mean really suck but even i am not that bad. Jump into a locker with billy that close?

That map sucks as billy though. Hard to move around quickly with so much street furniture.

Rank is not indicative of skill. But that wasn't the point of me posting that. Someone asked for a video of her playing killer at high rank. That was the most recent I could link that was on Jen's youtube. That's it.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Options
    Master said:

That's pretty much what Tru3ta1ent does. Love him or Hate him, the guy trys his best to be unbiased and show the difference between Killer and Survivor.
  • Jendenise
    Jendenise Member Posts: 11
    Options

I went ahead and clarified some things in another post, if you care to read it.
    Instead of bickering and making a bashing thread, perhaps maybe a civil conversation could happen.
    ALSO, I have streamed this game since 2016, and started playing a couple weeks after release. I've only taken a couple breaks to play different games (For Honor, Breath of the Wild, and F13).
    I have a massive amount of clips, vods, etc from all throughout the last couple years to prove a huge chunk of my playtime. I do play off stream, mostly killer because playing survivor off stream causes burn out and I don't want that to carry over to stream.

Also, my play time, which prob has ~200 hours of afk time because I have accidentally left this game open overnight a few times, or forgot to close it after stream for a couple hours here or there. Most of my hours are legit play time.

https://i.imgur.com/xUcO2wa.png

Have you not considered that I have my profile on private or hide my hours because I get annoyed at being dodged constantly? You have to admit that many dodge when they see a ton of hours?

Anyway, I don't want to see killers nerfed to the ground, or whatever you might want to think. The post is above on that twitter link. Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

• Master
    Options

@Jendenise said:
    I went ahead and clarified some things in another post, if you care to read it.
    Instead of bickering and making a bashing thread, perhaps maybe a civil conversation could happen.
    ALSO, I have streamed this game since 2016, and started playing a couple weeks after release. I've only taken a couple breaks to play different games (For Honor, Breath of the Wild, and F13).
    I have a massive amount of clips, vods, etc from all throughout the last couple years to prove a huge chunk of my playtime. I do play off stream, mostly killer because playing survivor off stream causes burn out and I don't want that to carry over to stream.

Also, my play time, which prob has ~200 hours of afk time because I have accidentally left this game open overnight a few times, or forgot to close it after stream for a couple hours here or there. Most of my hours are legit play time.

https://i.imgur.com/xUcO2wa.png

Have you not considered that I have my profile on private or hide my hours because I get annoyed at being dodged constantly? You have to admit that many dodge when they see a ton of hours?

Anyway, I don't want to see killers nerfed to the ground, or whatever you might want to think. The post is above on that twitter link. Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

You do realize that having a private profile is actually a doding reason? You cant see hours anymore anyway

• Jendenise
    Jendenise Member Posts: 11
    Options

My profile is only private sometimes. It's usually public now with hours hidden.