Nurse on Console?

People seem to regard this as a very bad pairing and I think I see why. Some consoles struggle with frame rates, apparently, and controllers might not be adequate for the split-second timing she requires.

Does anyone play her on console anyway? Is it worth it to try learning her? Are there any special tips or tricks to be aware of that make the experience less painful? Can console Nurse generate as much survivor salt as PC Nurse?

My console is Xbox One X, for the record, though I'm eager to hear from anyone who plays on PS4 or uses a controller on PC.

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

It's totally possible to play her on console, although a bit harder and takes more time than learning her on PC. I've learned her on console but since I mainly play PC I am only decent I know there are plenty of console nursers here though maybe they can help you. It's totally possible if your willing to put in the effort and time.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711
    edited September 2019

I tried ps4 dbd some days ago and played Nurse. It's a bit tilting because the controls are garbage, the camera speed is garbage, u can't move your camera while blinking for some reason etc..

I still slaughtered all survivors every time I played Nurse. But it's not a fun experience like on pc.

Edit: the only reason why I was doing well is because of my previous experience on pc (playstats is showing me that I did over 11k blink attacks).

• Xboned
    Xboned Member Posts: 461

That's reassuring, thanks. I would be thrilled to hear more from console Nurse mains.

The "camera turning while blinking" thing seems like it could be an issue, I'll have to special pay attention to that. Thanks for pointing it out.

• Xboned

Okay, so I bit the bullet and played a game. It went terribly, I missed most of my blinks and most of my hits, I didn't kill a single person, and I only got two hooks.

But it was actually really fun! I didn't expect to hook anyone at all. I can tell this will take a lot of practice to get good at, but it could conceivably be worth the time.

• FattyBehrX3
    FattyBehrX3 Member Posts: 19

@justarandy what are you talking about XD I play PS4 and turning up camera sensitivity was the only way to play nurse, being able to 180 while phasing is crucial, I usually even just keep the camera on the while phasing to guess if it’s worth the lunge or second blink (gotta remember the spot your blinking too while looking around)

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

No clue what you are talking about. But I'm playing Nurse since realease on pc and the ps4 version doesn't allow you to do important turns during the teleport.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

Is not as easy to get salt, there's extra steps to messaging people, the salt needs to be real XD

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I play her from time to time, I got some 4ks with her too but it was against potatoes basically

Unfortunately I don't play her enough to be really good with her

She is very difficult to use, being precise with a controller is hard and sometimes frame drops screw you over

Overall I'd say that she's not impossible to use, just very hard

• FattyBehrX3
    FattyBehrX3 Member Posts: 19

@justarandy Im talking’ about camera turning, the blinks are straight and pop you up at a single point but you can look around freely

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

Very hard, way harder than on pc due to orrible framerate and joypad. You can still master her, and since nobody plays nurse on console, survivors aren't familiar with her.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Console nurse doesn't get you salt sadly ): It more or less gets you fan-mail of people telling you you're a good nurse if you master her on console.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Definitely doable..finally took her up as my main but I'm still not extremely consistent, sadly the bad sense screws you a lot playing her as being able to turn fast with her is so crucial when survivors try to dodge blinks by going behind you or when blinking to counter a pallet drop , bad frames dont help in being able to react quickly either..then again I'm going addonless till her addon rework so that's also not helping lol though it's probably wise to master her base first

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299

A good nurse on console is a beast since she's not very common. I'm a survivor main on PS4 and I find myself switching up my playstyle completely against her because I rarely face the nurse on console.

• Xboned

While this disappoints my misanthropy, it encourages my narcissism. I'm intrigued.

Ditching the add-ons definitely seems the way to go, yeah. Both for practice and because we don't know what the hell they're going to look like once the devs are done. Thankfully I'm on a One X and I haven't noticed any frame drops so far, but I haven't played much of her yet.

This seems to be true because the last group I faced with her seemed terrified once they saw I was on Nurse. They got bolder once they realized this particular Nurse wasn't much of a threat, but it was satisfying to see the "OH ######### SCATTER" response I usually only get on T3 Myers.

• Flopiyutiop
    Flopiyutiop Member Posts: 48

Rank 1 ps4 nurse here. Since they boost the framerate few month ago it's way easier to play her. Try to play base nurse only for 50h or so and you'll be good at it. At first, focus only on chasing, especially the ones who give you a hard time hitting them and try to blink on top of them. It will make you learn the distances and charge time. Then, you need to learn every loop of every map to be consistent with her. Finally, you'll nead to learn the mind games survivors do to counter your blinks. Put on ruin to extend the games and to have more time to practice. Put on BBQ and/or whispers to track them down. If you're high rank I'll recomand to wait the reset or you'll be ######### on Gen rushed and mocked. I hope it will help you

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

You can learn her on console, I still play her every now and then. Usually do quite well.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

I counter her blinks by looping her since shes the slowest killer in the game XD

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674

Must be a bad nurse. I just blink through the object and hit them through loops and once they see that they throw looping out the window.

• Spirez

I recently Mained nurse on console out of bordem from the rest of the killers. It will take time. You will be staring at the floor while they tbag and point at your face and there is nothing you can do. But you’ll get better eventually.

Maps like the new Badham is my worse because the FPS is crappy on there on PS4. But other maps with decent FPS will be a lot easier. If you seem to lose survivors a lot after vaulting try using ghostfaces I’m All Ears on her to help you find out where to blink.

i use Nurses calling and man it helps build up pressure. I like to injure multiple survivors and slug a lot to constantly pressure them and hook as I have extra time.

A very common counter to nurse is to run backwards as they see you blink. An easy way to combat that is when you see them do it now you know that they’re going to do it again so next time just blink long enough to land behind where they currently are and you’ll usually run into them as they run back.

Another trick if you didn’t already know is when you fully charge your blink and the survivor is only about 5 meters from you they think you’re going to blink far away because they saw you fully charge it. You can just aim at the floor( the lower the closer you’ll end up) and you’ll just have a short blink. Just be sure that there isn’t another floor below you like basement because you’ll just end up going down a level

If you want the maximum range blink make sure you aim a little above the middle of the screen to make sure you don’t accidentally lose range.

• Micheal_Myers

Nurse is... Kinda bugged on consoles. Most objects/barricades she can't phase through. Which makes loops effective against all nurses.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I can blink through these, must just be you/the nurses you face.

• Micheal_Myers

The nurses I've seen stay on the side they are on when they blinked, idk how they do it but it seems like a weird bug for some of the nurses

• Spirez

They must not be holding their blink long enough. They think because the object is small they don’t need to blink long enough. You can blink through anything but if you don’t charge your blink enough to pass the object fully you’ll stay where you are.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

It's possible, but not an experience I enjoy. I have all the achievements for her, but I never enjoy playing nurse on Xbox.

• pungent_stench
    pungent_stench Member Posts: 131

some people are amazing. this, based exclusively on what they say about themselves here. they operate from a level of skill that trumps any level of broken. this video, is actual reality. i trust this more than fairy tales.

https://youtu.be/iSbn7zvMeFQ

• ArrowTheGreat11
    ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306

As a console survivor main, I’ve had a harder time against Spirit while Nurses are easy to loop. I think Spirit is the hardest killer on console, while Nurse is the hardest killer on PC

• Micheal_Myers

Ah makes sense. Because I only had 1 nurse so far who phased through objects the rest just failed lol

• DonnieTheZombie
    DonnieTheZombie Member Posts: 229

I mainly play ps4 and compared to pc her attack, as well as any other killer is extremely more difficult. 360s are easier, even against high ass ranks and tracking with someone like nurse who has a fatigue after every swing is more tedious since you canr swinf around fast enough like you could with a mouse.

Anyways, ive never seen the frame issue but split second timing on a game that requires it is important, ans to answer your question . it is a ######### to play as nurse when you cant 1080 a target if need be.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

I've only played against one really good rank #1 nurse on console who used no addons and no perks and still won against all red ranks players. Other than that I've only played some nurses that were decent but not great and many that were so bad I felt sorry for them and assumed they were just playing nurse for the daily ritual.