Tell me your thoughts on Freddy.

DonnieTheZombie
DonnieTheZombie Member Posts: 229
edited September 2019 in General Discussions

I mained freddy before he got awesome, and I love him even more now but i get a lot of opposing opinions still. People think hes still #########, some think hes too powerful.

I can consistently get the 4k if i care to slug if needed which seems rare if I play different killers because im purple rank (with nothing but red survivors 90%games ) . so i was just curious what you guys think

Comments

• TheCankleBreaker
    TheCankleBreaker Member Posts: 49

I think his claws are bigger than they look

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

He's strong. I'd put him A tier. But he can really struggle against the top tier survivors. The games I lose are the games where I struggle to get my first hook and survivors coordinate to constantly stay awake. Remember, his snares and pallets do nothing when survivors are awake. He is massively vulnerable at the beginning of the trial when everyone is awake and his teleport is on cooldown. He has many of the same problems that every other M1 killer has: if a team has no weak link, you're going to struggle to get hooks on mamy maps. That being said, he has a generator teleport that is amazing when you get good with it in chases. His snares can mitigate some awful design decisions like the Ironworks window, as well as get you hits at pallets. It's like Clown's gas though: any safe loop is generally still safe against the best survivors, you're just forcing the pallet down earlier.

• FluorescentLemon
    FluorescentLemon Member Posts: 257

Freddy's pretty fun now.

• DonnieTheZombie
    DonnieTheZombie Member Posts: 229

Glad you think so.

Edgar do you like pallets or snares better? Despite what I see most people say I think snares are more powerful , but prefer pallets because nothing is more soothing for the soul then when i get bagged in front of a fake pallet :)

• GODQueenEvy
    GODQueenEvy Member Posts: 63

His snares are pretty strong. I like them over the fake pallets because a lot more people in higher ranks know which ones have been used/are fake.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

Snares are definitely stronger than pallets in my opinion. Fake pallets won't shorten the loop around the Ironworks window. Fake pallets also struggle against comms. More than anything though, with pallets, you have to dedicate an add on slot just to use them. You go from a potential Swing Chains/Pill Bottle combo to swapping one of them just for the chance to use pallets. Not a great trade off.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Well if you're really good with him, and the community is pretty split, then you're in a very good spot since the devs will think it's pretty much in the middle.

Best thing i can hope for you is that "Z" Block will change.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Hes definitely pulled a hag and went from trash to high tier instantly with his changes..much more thrilling and fun both playing as and vsing as now you have to track more than just him

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 536

I think he is in a decent spot at the moment, and just because he one of the stronger killers doesn't mean he has to be nerfed.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Ahem..considering her old trap setting speed...yeeeeah

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

He is very good Killer now.

Clown now compare to Freddy's scares is just so poor.

• DaRealxFactor
    DaRealxFactor Member Posts: 30

As a Freddy main...I would say it is overall a less frustrating experience playing as him now than waiting for the dream transition previously. He was time add-on dependent before. He adds so much more map pressure too now as well. I honestly didn't know if I would enjoy the change...but I'm doing great with him as previous Freddy kit. I only thing I miss is the total invisiabilty. That was clutch 👌🏾lol

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

His snares are weak, but his pallets will fool every survivor at least once, and if you act like it's a real pallet it's far more likely.

The gen tele takes way too long without addons though, so I usually run Nancy's sketch/masterpiece with prototype claws.

I'm not a fan that he forces you to use certain addons, though, at least for my playstyle.

I think he's good, but I miss the mapwide aura reading, personally.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Well, you didn't need the block addons to do well. I found range addons were far more useful back then than the blocks. : P

It's true he suffered from map pressure, but that's why you change targets constantly. Most of the time they won't have the opportunity to wake up.

Then again, I was only a purple rank killer at the time. Maybe I went against potatoes...