New Killer (please comment)

csandman1977
csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

So ive had a bunch of ideas that didnt really fit the theme of dbd. This idea does, and if i can translate the image in my head properly, you will get the tone and feel im going for. Big if though lol.

Name - The Captain

Speed - 110% (for now)

Weapon - Old Sea Anchor

Terror Radius - 32m

Description - An old pirate who ruled his vessel with a deadly iron grip. For 3 decades he amd his crew terrorized the northern African coast. Countries sent whole armies against him and every time all hands were lost. Known Only as the Captain, legends of his brutality were told throughout the known world. It was told that the devil took him after a freak storm reportedly crashed his ship, though treasure hunters through the ages have never found his watery grave.

Powers - Tapping m1 throws his anchor forward slightly further than a normal lunge attack and recovers the same.

Holding m1 swings his anchor in a 360 arc around him. Can hit multiple survivors but has a slighlty longer cooldown than a normal lunge. (My reasoning behind the lower movement speed)

Curse of Davey Jones - Not only did the Entity take the Captain, but also his crew. The skeletal remains of 5-7 (testing would be needed) of his crew are scattered around the map. The skeletal spirits of those crew are cursed to wonder the entity's realm in search of prey. These look like translucent skeletons. They have no terror radius, no redstains and can track survivors by sight sound and blood. When a survivor is found, the warrior will chase them until either it crosses paths with another survivor or catches up to the survivor. They move at 115% speed.

When they catch a survivor that survivor is possessed. They scream at the initial possession and suffer from a hindered penalty. All action speeds are reduced by 10% up to 30%. A survivor can be possessed by 3 skeletal warriors at a time. Each warrior is tied to a pile of bones. When the skeleton warrior possesses someone, the bones light up and can be temporarily cleansed by any survivor.

The Captain can call upon his crew at any time by interacting with a generator. When he does a skeletal warrior will guard the generator until the associated bones are cleansed. Only 1 generator can be blocked by this effect at a time.

If a possessed survivor is sacrificed, the skeleton warriors possessing him are also aacrificed for the rest of the trial.

So basically, the barely visable skeleton warriors offer jump scares as well as forcing a secondary objective as the speed reduction can become problematic. Combine with add ons that inflict different debuffs. Recover from exhaustion 10% slower, blindness, deafness.

Another thing is that with him comes water. Pools of shallow water randomly spawn throughout the map. Walking through them makes a loudly audible foot step sound.

But the most intense thing would be the map. The captain's ship. (Still thinking of a name)

3 levels, the first one being the deck, 2 floors beneath it. The bottom floor is nearly completely dark. Light from Oil lanterns flicker. The sound of straining wood is the only noise. The skeleton warriors patroling here blend in oh so well with the dark. The basement is here, as well as the treasure room which will always contain a pink treasure map (pink map) a ranger health kit or a commodious tool box. The floor is covered with water making any journey into the ships depths a dangerous folly. The floors of the ship are rotting away, and randomly certain sections will fall away should either killer or survivor step on them. These floors give no visable indication that they are there.

The fog combined with the silent dark setting and knowing the floor could fall out from under you make for a creepy map.

Add ons

Pink - you become injured if not already if someone else cleanses the bones of a skeleton you are possessed with.

Green - reveal aura for 4 seconds when a survivor becomes possessed

Green - basic attacks cause mangled. Stacks with similar effects.

Green - increased movement speed when using the swirl attack

Brown - see auras of bones that turn yellow when being cleansed

Brown - various status effects

Please let me know what you think. Would this be scary? Entertaining? Fun?

Comments

• Romey95
    Romey95 Member Posts: 64

we definitely need a pirate killer

• I like your idea

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    edited September 2019

I'd personally love a private killer in the game but I don't think they'll be adding one anytime soon.

The Curse of Davey Jones would be extremely hard to program. Maybe the killer can call on a crew member to spawn out of the ground on a particular location of his choosing. They can't move but can detect survivors within 8m range and notify the killer when this happens. Maybe if survivors get to close the with resch out and touch them causing a debuff or get possessed like you said.

I would say the anchor part is a bit too similar to huntress but it is needed if your killer is 110% speed. The 360° attack is definitely cool, give it a cooldown and it should be good.

The pink add-on is good though if you used my suggestion it would be if the skeleton touches the survivor. The effect would last for 60 seconds.

Hope you liked the feedback mate. Add some perks, with a survivor and it would be really good.

• csandman1977

I do appreciate the feedback. I was wanting to discuss this!

The 360 may need a cooldown but that would be determined in testing? The range is just like a quick attack so may be easy to dodge. The normal attacks range isnt long enough to be compared to huntress. Its just like a lunge attack range.

As for the skeletons, originally i thought about having to activate the piles of bones and having them patrol a certain area around them. But more i thought about it the more the power became reliant on rng of bone placement. RNG sucks. Then i thought, well maybe he can place them like traps. But then its just another hag, freddy, trapper reskin. Not sure how hard it would be to program but i wasnt really thinking about it. Just wanted something unique.

Then thought about the atmosphere. And having these roving ghosts wandering around seemed scarier to me then a fixed location that could be avoided.

As far as perks and survivor i have ideas just wanted thoughts on the killer.

• csandman1977

Killer perks

Keelhauled - The unclean hook takes it's toll on the health of it's victims

When a survivor is rescued from a hook and the killer is outside of 64 meters away, that survivor is inflicted with the broken status for 40/50/60 seconds.

"Drag that mutineer under the ship!"

Cannons and Rum - A pirate's staples

When a survivor would fail a skill check, they are inflicted with the intoxicated status effect (clown gas) for 10/15/20 seconds

Mutiny - You become obsessed with one survivor and can only be obssesses with one survivor at a time.

Your obsession has a 30/40/50% penalty while performing co-op actions. Otherwise has a 10% bonus when performing solo actions.

• csandman1977

Survivor character and perks

Avery Stewert - Avery found his dream job. Acting. Not that he was very good at it. But he had the face and the drive for it. He was also a talker and managed to charm his way into random appearances and support roles.

When Avery answered an ad for a low budget sci-fi show little did he know it would become a cult classic and thrust him into fame.

He played the Captain of a star vessel, transporting various movie monsters such as vampires and werewolves to a new home at the far reaches of the galaxy. A place where there was almost no sunlight.

It was campy and fun and full of satire. It ran 16 episodes before being canceled. Immediately picked up for syndication, it became more and more popular. As the Captain, Avery was the face of the show.

Conventions and talk shows and a book deal kept Avery's name fresh on peoples minds. He made enough money that he didn't have to work. But he did, sticking to cameos and short lived support roles, only this time Avery could make real money for them.

Then the phone call came. A reboot was in the works. Big budget and with big name writers. All he had to do was get to LA. So Avery packed a bag and hit the road. He didn't like flying, ironic in that he was famous for flying through space.

A blizzard hit while he was crossing the mountains. And while his car was found, it slid off the highway and crashed down the side of the mountain, Avery's body was never discovered.

Perks

Stagehand - After healing a survivor for a full health state, your aura can not be read by the killer outside of a 32/24/16 meter range, and you leave no scratch marks. This effect persists until you interact with an object, perform a fast action or enter a chase with the killer.

Captain's Orders - You are the Captain and you demand the entity respect that. Once per trial when you are put into the dying state you are presented with a difficult skill check. If you succeed you pick yourself up immediately and are immune to damage for 10/15/20 seconds. For your arrogance, the entity will automatically skip the first stage of the hook.

Boom Operator - When you perform a fast vault, the sound echos through the map. The killer detects multiple notifications in a 24 meter range. Has a 60/50/40 second cooldown. (Or whatever quick and quiet is)