The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

dead hard is overrated for bad reasons

it allow survivors to correct a mistake they shouldn't do in the first place, i see dead hard everywhere and even more at red ranks, because even at red ranks they do mistakes and they just can't live without that second chance perk, it's bad, it's bad for you to use it, simply because you always count on your free jail card, it is a perk i can't allow myself to use because i don't want to have a second chance, i have to be good to not need it, i use other exhaustion perks simply because i don't want to recover from a mistake i made, you shouldn't do mistakes, get better and use something else, get some skills instead of pressing E to recover a mistake, also it's 80% of the time useless once the killer knows you have it so just change and use something that will help, balanced and lithe is pretty good.

Comments

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853

well i would agree with you, but ppl at red ranks use this perk for distance instead of dodging an attack

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Did you just have a game full of dead hard?

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

If you got too greedy for one more loop or didn't react quick enough to a mind game, yes it does.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

As a killer main who hatessecond chance perks, DH is the one second chance I'm fine with. It requires timing, bluffing, and only gives you like 2extra meters, meaning that it's hard to use either to dodge or to gain space unless you use it right.

Then you have DS where you hook 2 people and still get nailed by it.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711
    edited September 2019

Uhm... What???

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

This is assuming dead hard only corrects mistakes, which absolutely is not the case. Is it a mistake when a nurse blinks on top of you and dead hard is the only thing that can give you more time? Is it a mistake when a huntress has a clear shot at you? No, it is not possible to always be out of shot range. Dead hard doesn't correct any mistake there when you use it.

Or when you do several loops and want to stay at the loop because you don’t want to waste pallets (to help your team), so you dead hard past the pallet and keep running the loop when they swing (instead of dropping it). How is that a mistake at all?

How about if you get unhooked in a dead zone (nothing to run to) and you need a little more distance. Do you think that because you have been hooked once you should just die there?

Sure, dead hard is helpful to correct mistakes, but it is also used by good survivors to dictate how a chase will go, and that's why I use it. It doesn't teach bad habits unless you don't know how and when to use it.

When I play killer I love going against survivors who don't know how to use dead hard well. They use it like you say - as a second chance perk, only to correct mistakes. I don't like facing survivors who use dead hard with skill, proactively. They use it to take power back in the chase.

It is fine if you don't want to use dead hard. Other exhaustion perks are also good, but your reasons for not using it could use some more thought.

• StupidPallets
    StupidPallets Member Posts: 395

Irish playwright Samuel Beckett also made these really long run-on sentences with endless comma's, sometimes spanning an entire half page. I say good for you.

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777

yeah no

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

It's an for most killer uncounterable longing of chases. "Dead Hard" should be double the current exhaustion time to be balanced.

• Regionlock
    Regionlock Member Posts: 316

It's DH now? Where is the angry kid crying about DS after tunneling all game post. I'm must be lost in the forums again.

Where are the complaint threads on borrowed time at? you don't even need DS for hook campers when your teammates running this bad boy. Nerf DS and watch them angry boys cry out on the next Meta perk. Killer isn't for everyone my friend, just stick to watching your favorite streamers complain about it while getting consistent 3/4ks every game at rank1.

Once every perk is nerfed they will target sprint burst or something because it allows you to reach a loop. It will never end with the crying.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

"it is a perk i can't allow myself to use because i don't want to have a second chance"

Other exhaustion perks can make up for mistakes, too. If you don't want to use second chances, you can't equip exhaustion perks at all and have to leave a lot more perks than just DH at home.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Dh Isn’t only for correcting mistakes.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

I'm so confused. he says it corrects mistakes but then says it's useless 80% of the time once the killer knows you have it. do u actually understand the correct way to use it or are u upset because u keep swinging at dead hards in open fields?

• Richter_Cade
    Richter_Cade Member Posts: 91

And if you didn't but can't get to another pallet in time due to killer powers or just bad pallet placement it doesn't.

Dead hard is no more a crutch than sprint burst and balanced landing, it's just less automatic and more skill/mind game based.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Nah.

I think being able to negate one hit is great. Very useful in many circumstances.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Ahhhhhh, ur ok ?

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

u ever think people only go for that extra loop because they know have dead hard up? they dont think "oh I messed up" when the killer doesn't respect or is closer than they thought, they were prepared for that to happen.

the mindgame part though, dead hard does correct that mistake.

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 914

DH is very frustrating when playing nurse, I have to admit. Survivors can activate it very easily and then you basically have to start the chase again.. Not as bad as Mettle once was though..

• gamer123
    gamer123 Member Posts: 10

Why so many replies to the 1000th salty tears, sobbing killer, nerf surv perks thread?

ignore, nothing to see, move along

• 2Khours
    2Khours Member Posts: 158

it wasn't salt, and how about all the salty survivors crying for spirit and nurse nerfs? or bbq nerfs a while ago and all the other stuff? both side complain and don't pretend one do more than the other

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Perks are used to cover your weaknesses and help with your gameplay. If you know you sometimes make mistakes you can take dead hard to help mitigate those mistakes. It's nothing new.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

A good killer always wait for each survivor to see if they have deadhard and then remind themselves who's using deadhard while in chases

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Dead Hard doesn't even work for me half the time.

"Exhausted by the way"