Dead hard with an exploit? first time happened in my entire dbd career

lunaticlifter
lunaticlifter Member Posts: 426
edited September 2019 in General Discussions

i was so pissed off, basically, i versed a team of boosted swf, all run ds, bodyblock, sabo hooking etc.with my billy, no ruin, fast hooks but i had to deal with ds even if i didn't tunnel (you know ds is a fair perk) so i ended up tunneling the one who ds'ed me to recover, but right when i was downing her she did an exploit who cost me the entire game at 2 gen left where i could have killed her, she pointed forward and dead harded basically at the same time (that dh saved her life since she got bodyblocked)..i generally wait for dh, but this was unexcepted, so the question is why you are able to do 2 action at the same time?

Comments

• lunaticlifter

it's not standing still, i do often that ''mindgame'', then dead hard, she basically stopped, then pointed forward,i was behind her, immediately dead hard(the animation wasn't over yet), i didn't know it was possible, never happened, even if i played many hours

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

You want a proper DH exploit? Someone in my game earlier dead harded but had like 10 second invulnerabilty (swung twice, literally no way they were misses.)

• lunaticlifter
    edited September 2019

@heroiq i would have been baited, if i did actually know the devs gave the survivors the ability to do 2 actions at the same time..

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

You do know the point can be cancelled at any time right? Like, if you point and then move in any direction, it cancels and that can be done very quickly.

My advice to you (and to all players really) is to play both sides so you know what they're capable of. That wasn't no exploit buddy

• lunaticlifter

@RakimSockem i play both sides, but the fact is that i 'm not dumb enough to point when the killer is right behind me.. i guess i learnt a new thing

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,369

Well I mean, clearly it's not dumb if it worked against the killer

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

I'm sorry @lunaticlifter but this doesn't sound like an exploit.

Dead Hard exploits are glitching out of the map and getting to unreachable areas before the collapse existed.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

why you are able to do 2 action at the same time?

I think the question itself is a tad flawed, i think it's better to ask why THESE 2 actions can be done at the same time.

The reason i thought it was flawed is because pointing + Dead Hard is only worse than moving + Dead Hard, that person made no progress while pointing, only ignoring a hit.

If they managed to survive while pointing, they surely would've survived while moving.

Hence why i don't really care if you can Dead Hard while using a gesture, as it's only a bigger change for that move to backfire. (In this case, it didn't.)

It's why i never care if people gesture or teabag behind a Pallet, it's more time for me to catch up, especially with my speedster Wraith. 😈

• 2Khours
    2Khours Member Posts: 158

ik they can use dead hard when they recover from a fall without even moving, which tbh i think it is a bug

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

This is not an exploit, this is you failing to recognize bait.

The animation can be cancelled at any time, and the only reason it's sticking in your head is because you apparently got wrecked by someone with a lil more knowhow than you - not even more skill, just a lil more knowledge of how things work.

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530

XDD welp gotta take note from that