what are some good/best builds for demogorgon? i also only have 2 perks at the moment.

Options

the perks i have at the moment are surge and a trapper perk. But what perks should i use on him other then ruin and bbq?

(1) what are some good/best builds for demogorgon?

(2) i also need some tips on playing as him better?

(3) And how do i use his portals better?

Anyways hes fun to play as. i just need some tips on builds and how to use his portals better:)

Comments

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,004
    Options

Enduring seems really good on him on paper (haven't tested it), his shred allows him to hit from further away. Wack spirit fury on that and it's a guaranteed hit when spirit fury procs.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
  • Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

I haven't played it yet, but by the powers of YouTube i have seen portals placed near generators not next to it like The Hag, but around corners or a little of a distance. Some of them save 3 portals or 2 so they can travel mid chase.

Builds: I have seen one as a Gen protector. With Tinkerer, Thrilling Tremors, Surveillance and Pop.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

I've seen a few streamers use Thana and Dying Light. Enduring, Spirit Fury, Brutal Strength, Bamboozle, ya know, the standard M1 killer perks, seem to work with him as well.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

Well, I played it exactly one time, so I'm probably the most qualified person around to give you tips on the demogorgon.

Information perks are good, so you can put the portals in somewhat strategic locations and get to the survivors.

Bbq, deliverance, etc.

You need something to slow down the game since demo doesn't do that very well. And you need to set up your portals, which takes time.

Ruin, corrupt intervention.

Personally, I don't think you need anything for chases. You do that very well.

Demo also has a mean basement defense game, get agitation and/or iron grip and put people on that basement

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Options

I like for end game: I like noed and blood warden. I put a portal in front of each gate it works like a charm!

• ArcticRage
    ArcticRage Member Posts: 27
    edited September 2019
    Options
    1. I have been playing him all day at high ranks and my most successful build is Corrupt Intervention, PGTW, MYC and STBFL. Corrupt gives you time to set up your portal network and it’s more reliable than ruin. PGTW and MYC pair well with his portals which will allow you to pressure multiple generators and keep hooks consistent and lastly, STBFL cuts your time for hit cool downs and you can shred your obsession to avoid losing stacks.
    2. Setting up your network of portals is really important for pressure. You have to balance downing people and setting up your network. Set them up in popular looping areas and between groups of generators for maximum effectiveness. A good portal set up is very valuable mid-end game.
    3. Basically what I said previously - set them near groups of generators and open areas to force survivors out of certain zones throughout the game. You can also place them at hooks and paired with MYC, it can be nasty.
  • snowflake102
    Options

Ok thanks:D

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

I feel like overcharge will be good to locate Survivors attempting to work on gens.

If unrelenting works with shred then it could be good.

I've heard Spirit fury enduring is good but I'm having some really fun matches with dark devotion, it just hides the sound of your footsteps.

• snowflake102
    Options

Ok thanks

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
    Options

Surge, PGTW, MYC, Infectious Fright, Enduring, Bamboozle are all very good on him.

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
    Options

The absolute best perk build imo for Demogorgon currently is: Devour Hope, Pop/Surge, Enduring/Bamboozle and BBQ

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607
    Options
  • 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129
    Options

I actually have a feeling bamboozle would be really good on him. Cause he can shut down loops and use lunge

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

Bamboozle is a good one, and with the upcoming base pallet break it'll make loops much more dangerous for him

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093
    Options
  • PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454
    edited September 2019
    Options

In a coming hotfix the demogorgon will be able to break pallets with it's pounce attack without an ultra rare addon

• ChezAndQuakers
    ChezAndQuakers Member Posts: 189
    Options

Can unrelenting be used for his shred attack or no? Cuz that might actually bring in a use for unrelenting

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,004
    Options

No, that's treated like the recovery that nurse or hillbilly gets.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Leave portals around gens. Close to the end of the game place them near exit gates.

Use the 'shred' attack on injured survivors in areas where they can't easily veer off eg narrow corridors and stairs.

Perks: Surge, BBQ&C, Bitter Murmur and Nurse's Call work pretty well. Good for tracking.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

I'd actually not worry too much about tracking. You can use your portals to get all the information you need.

Don't use his innate perks unless you have nothing else.

Exposed perks and other on hit effect perks don't trigger on Shred so they aren't good either on him.

Enduring has some synergy due to Shreds longer CD and being able to stop early drops with the Hotfix.

Demo is also one of the Killers that can make good use out of CI, due to the time it takes to open his portals.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options
  • snowflake102
    Options

Ok thanks I'll try this builds:)

• beck__
    beck__ Member Posts: 25
    Options

I'm trying surveilance and putting portals hidden alittle away from gens. Once kicked this is then a great trap as you can see when someone goes back to gen. You then portal over and whilst your tr/stain is hidden get right upto them.

I've even managed a grab doing this, make sure portal is not too close or they hear you travelling to it.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

Behold!!! My friend, may I introduce you to the ultimate strat and build, the Basement Build!!! No one gets out 😈

Iron Grasp, Agitation, MYC, and free perk slot

Place a portal at the top of the stairs and down next to the hooks, if you use Territorial Imperative then teleport to the bottom and scare the hell out of them as they can't hear you coming. If you just want that MYC play then wait until the unhook and teleport to the top for a guaranteed snowball of salty meat.

Other fun combos include Remember Me and putting portals next to the Exit Gates, this will only work if you find the Hatch first, those silly Survivors will have a doozy of a time trying to open that door as you pop around the corner Undetected.

Remember you can also use your portals to detect people but the range is incredibly small so you might not catch someone going for the save if you don't time it right so don't rely on that feature for this strat. Another fun thing to do instead is to equip add-ons to make destroying them take longer, marvel at those peons try to destroy your portal as their friend lies dying below LMAO 🤣

I personally like Devour Hope for these Builds as eventually you'll get so powerful you can Mori them, their meat becomes extra salty with this totem I find.

Have fun making your nest Basement Dwellers, and remember, if anyone dies down there it's their fault.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

Surge, Huntress Lullaby, Blood Warden and Enduring.

Surge and Lullaby help amazingly with gen regression and even better is that Lullaby is t really a threat to most survivors so they dont actively look for it and iirc it should give you 19% regression.

Blood Warden to boost that amazing endgame that Demo has going for him, pretty much garuntee the kill/kills if they get the gens or you find hatch.

Enduring because of all the pallet perks I find it is the best since you can be right on somebody if the run right away or they're at an unsafe pallet. And so far, I've gone through a hell of alot of pallets as Demo.

• snowflake102
    Options

Ok thanks,everyone I will try this builds:D

• Yamaxko
    Yamaxko Member Posts: 1
    Options

I’ve recently been playing demogorgon and i would say some good perks on him and BBQ and Chilli, Bamboozle, Infectious Fright and Either PGTW, Thrilling Tremors or your standard ruin.

Here’s Why.

BBQ and chilli, because one, if you have your portals set in good positions, it will allow you to catch a survivor quickly and be applying pressure.

Bamboozle, will allow you to deny loops, causing you to mainly achieve a hit or a down with Shred.

Infections Fright, allowing to apply more pressure by hitting or downing the pesky survivor who is, mostly, trying to achieve a flashlight save or is working on a generator.

Pop goes the Weasel, would be really great because when you have BBQ and your portals, it allows you to traverse to that generator and with a nice hit of that generator you slow down the game and aswell find the pesky survivor who was working on the gen.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    edited November 2019
    Options

For me, my perks are Ruin/Corrupt, Sloppy, Thana, and the final perk's a toss up between Dying Light or Monitor. Addons I go for Mew's guts and Rat Liver/Rat Tail.

For portal placements I put them on gens. The Undetectable status is more of a gimmick to me, so unless you're running his Moss Addon, it's not gonna help much. However, survivors are more willing too waste time breaking the portal then doing the gen since they want too hear the terror radius, plus you can sense when they are on a portal, giving you info and making them waste time.

EDIT: forgot a good tip for Demo. Learn how too mindgame with Shred. Just having it ready can make survivors do really bad moves too avoid it, so if you ready it and they immediately dodge left, you can just cancel it and get a free hit/down. Also, try and use Shred instead of kicking pallets in chases. Shred can force survivors too drop pallets sooner, so breaking it faster is the best thing you can do.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,030
    Options

Ive actually seen territorial+Make your choice work really well on him if you can get a basement hook. Place a portal near the basement and get a notification everytime someone enters it. Its not completely uncounterable or anything, but you might get afew hooks with it before survivors figure it out.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413
    Options

Save the best for last is a choice perk for him. Portals are best used to monitor gens. You can keep track of when people get near them, and survivors will often take the time to cleanse them, which is time they aren't spending on gens.

• mutabletiger4
    mutabletiger4 Member Posts: 185
    Options

I run save the best for last, infectious fright, thanatophobia and dying light. I sometimes run ruin in place of thanatophobia

• TheUltimateFailer
    TheUltimateFailer Member Posts: 14
    Options

Demogorgon is a bit unique in that he can adopt multiple playstyles. You can look up his OP builds here. He excels at basement builds thanks to his portal. He also handles the Devour build better than other Killers for the same reason. But I think STBFL is the must-have perk for him in most of his builds. He can preserve stacks really well with shred and gets a lot of value from it.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,646
    Options

My brother in Christ this post is 3 years old.

It's so old that it's from when Demo was first released.

Now, he is gone.

• TheUltimateFailer
    Options
  • Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,646
    Options
  • TheUltimateFailer
    Options

I am unfamiliar with such a rule. But if my post rubs you the wrong way so much, you can ask a Mod to take it down. They might even agree with you.