Should killers be able to see survivor ranks in lobby?

I’m of the opinion that they should because it would be fair and killers have a minute to prepare and commit if they know they’re going up against survivors well above them in rank (and vice versa - if you’re a rank 10 up against 20s you can choose to take it easy or avoid them entirely.)

I would say that survivors should also see killer rank, but since it’s still 4 vs 1, I think survivors have a much higher chance to manipulate the system to bully and mess with queues. I would definitely say survivors should see killer rank if they’re playing solo, but I don’t think the system is sophisticated enough yet.

Until matchmaking is fixed, killers should see survivor ranks so they know the full story instead of getting dunked on all match only to find out the Entity ONCE AGAIN paired reds and purples against your low rank or beginner killer.

Comments

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696

Maybe, but its fine how it is now

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

I don’t think so.

Being able to see a rank could mean “tunneling the highest rank”.

I don’t wanna have to think about rank when I’m chasing the low rank person.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

That depends, do you ever want a match again?

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

I'd rather we get notifications if they are swf instead of rank

• LintyScorpion
    LintyScorpion Member Posts: 165

That would make sense imo, I would definitely go easy on survivors of I knew they were baby survivors, and if they are purple/red ranks I would probably Dodge because I'm like rank 14 ish

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

I mean, I'm already pissed when I see I have to play with brown ranks lvl 15 as survivor thanks to matchmaking. I think it would only increase dodging.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

SWF or not, Rank disparities still happen.

Last night I got 3 red rank survivors in a lobby with me and I was only rank 12 at the time (After chapter release btw) and the killer was only a rank 11dl demegorgon.

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599

You make it sound like right now SWFs trying to be sneaky about it, and killers don't dodge lobbies if they suspect an SWF.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

Why did they put ranks back in for survivors to see? Confusing.

• Sheldor
    Sheldor Member Posts: 213
    edited September 2019

Yes. Killers should see rank, hours played, stats of the last 500 games and all add ons and items and perks of all survivors.

Survivors don't even get to see the killers name let a lone the steam profile.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I'd prefer we remove the killers ability to see survivor names/profiles. Metagaming shouldnt be a thing in this game.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

Dodging high ranks, looking for low ranks... that kind of stuff. Survivors would do it too if they see the killer rank.

While I'm sure some people would use it for good.

Getting more prepared for higher ranked players, getting a more meme build vs low ranks.

It's way too abuseable

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

"Oh, these survivors are a way higher rank than I, time to dodge"

"Oh, these survivors are way higher rank than I, time to change to Ebony Mori, Iri Head Huntress/Ebony Mori omega blink Nurse/Prayer Beads Spirit etc"

I think it'd be a bad idea. I get dodged enough for wearing prestige or colorful cosmetics

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

It just wouldn't work, even if you showed the Killers rank too. It'd be too easily abused by both sides - everyone would just look for easier games against lower ranks and bring OP things against high ranks.

• Hellz_Minion666
    Hellz_Minion666 Member Posts: 33

There's nothing fair about this game. Everyone wants to win and crush the opponent. Every game has loopholes and ways to be abused. Killer having the ability to see rank will only increase the abuse as much as survivors (now having said ability) has increased abuse of dodging.

• Larisa
    Larisa Member Posts: 176

How to downvote

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Killers should not be able to see the survivors' ranks. The problem here is the matchmaking. A low-rank/mid-rank killer should not have to worry that he is getting matched with red rank survivors. Fix the matchmaking, that's it.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Ranks don't really matter until the ranking system actually ranks skill, so it wouldn't matter if they displayed rank or not...

It would be immensely helpful if it displayed hours played though.

You could take it easy on the survivors who are learning and beat the crap out of the experienced survivors.

Or, exit the lobby if you were matched up against players who where outside of your range of expertise. I'd play against a lobby full of new players just so I could take it easy and help them learn the game, and prep for a difficult match against players with equal or more time played than myself.

It would help take care of the matchmaking problem the devs haven't been able to solve for years by letting us do it for them.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

nah I don't feel like being lobby Dodged 95% of the time

• Blackdecay7
    Blackdecay7 Member Posts: 7

######### no! That will only make targets of the other players. "Omg *giggles* look at the lvl 3 claudette. So ######### cute!!" Then the killer will only be after them. Since itll be a quick easy kill. Just like the ######### face camping, tunneling lazy #########. We come here so we have a thrill. Not get face camped,tunneled or something of that kind. So the lvls being available only will make it easier. So players get bullied by these "so called skilled killers".

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I would like this so I as a Rank 16 Killer atm don't get paired with Rank 8's, that's not fair to me and those high ranks aren't always SWF because the match system is wonky right now.

I don't care if I go against SWF, I care about playing against people reletive to my Rank, it is why the Ranks exist. If an 8 is with their 15 buddy then it should pair with an 8 Killer not a 15 and that is a SWF not a Rank issue so if they fixed that and then showed Ranks this would not be a problem. Unless you got people out here at Rank 1 who dodge if they see three Rank 15's and one Rank 1, I would call that an easy game for the Killer.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Definite no. No rank seeing.

However they could notifiy the killer of swf because not everyone wants to play against a swf and they shouldn't have to. The way they could do it is each survivor has a colored aura and players who are invited to the match will have the same color as the survivor who invited them. So if you see two survivors in the lobby with the same color aura you know that they are friends.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

To let them dodge more, because killers are scaredy cats? No.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
  • HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

No.

• Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 613

Do you mean who the player is, or what Killer is being played?

If the first, that's a fair trade. If the second, ######### that crap. It would be far to easy for Survivors to abuse be it dodging the better Killers or adjusting their builds to counter other Killers.

SWF gives too much information as it is. No need to give even more.

• Naphemil
    Naphemil Member Posts: 66

Sure, when the game can restrict swf comms outside of game then this will be a good change.... so we can expect this to happen never.

• Chop
    Chop Member Posts: 32

It used to be like that way back in the old days of DBD, they remove it cause killers would dodge most red ranks because they wanted easy games. Back then people cared about rank though, in today day I personally don't think it would matter anymore because majority of the community doesn't care about rank and players should know they're gonna be paired up with a killer close to their rank level