Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The issue with pallets

DocFabron
DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
I just finished a game and every time I threw down a pallet I got hit, even though the killer was on the other side. It wasn't a latency issue because the connection was decent.

Could it be the spin animation lengthening the drop that causes this? It never used to be this bad

Comments

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Yes, when they made changes to pallets, they removed the vacuum and made it so they wouldn't drop instantly but at the appropriate time in the drop animation. 
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    azazer said:
    Yes, when they made changes to pallets, they removed the vacuum and made it so they wouldn't drop instantly but at the appropriate time in the drop animation. 
    I was in a match against the Pig and even though I had pressed "Throw Down" at the right time, I always got hit anyway.

Anyway, thanks!
  • hill_o
    hill_o Member Posts: 56

Yeah, I've heard it's bugged right now. You'd think it would have been fixed with the patch today but ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• greenzebra64
    greenzebra64 Member Posts: 65

I'm pretty sure it happens when the killer hits the survivor at the same time as the survivor drops it. Try to drop the pallet a little earlier is the only thing I have to say.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

They have said that it is made like that and you need to drop the pallet early to actually be safe. This was used as a tatic to counter looping and stop killers from being cheated out of a hit

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

I'm pretty sure it happens when the killer hits the survivor at the same time as the survivor drops it. Try to drop the pallet a little earlier is the only thing I have to say.

Drop it earlier ? DROP IT EARLIER?!?!?! It’s a pallet stun for a reason!!!! You don’t make my eye twitch ,but this new pallet “rework” does. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@HeroLives said:
    Drop it earlier ? DROP IT EARLIER?!?!?! It’s a pallet stun for a reason!!!! You don’t make my eye twitch ,but this new pallet “rework” does. 

The stun occurs at the same time as the hit. Don't be greedy with the pallets and you won't get hit.

• HeroLives
    Orion said:

@HeroLives said:

The stun occurs at the same time as the hit. Don't be greedy with the pallets and you won't get hit.

If I’m there and I need distance I will use them. It’s not my fault they are bugged
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@HeroLives said:
    If I’m there and I need distance I will use them. It’s not my fault they are bugged

That's not a bug. You dropped them while you were in the Killer's melee range, and got hit at the same time as they got stunned. Drop it earlier, when you're not in the Killer's melee range, and you won't have that problem.

• HeroLives
    Orion said:

@HeroLives said:

That's not a bug. You dropped them while you were in the Killer's melee range, and got hit at the same time as they got stunned. Drop it earlier, when you're not in the Killer's melee range, and you won't have that problem.

My bad ,I assumed it was bugged Bc it used to not do that. I was under the impression that the only changes were vaccume and standing position for the drop. So it will still hit if they are a little before it or?Damn it I need kyf companions
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    HeroLives said:
    Orion said:

@HeroLives said:

My bad ,I assumed it was bugged Bc it used to not do that. I was under the impression that the only changes were vaccume and standing position for the drop. So it will still hit if they are a little before it or?Damn it I need kyf companions
    The vacuum teleported survivors out of the hit box. Sometimes it's bugged and you see killers warping from one side of the pallet to the other or killer appear on the same side as the survivor. Best to not drop the pallet when killer is in the middle of the pallet, but on the other side. The killer can lunge into the pallet area and score a hit when undropped. They need more of a sync to show the appropriate hit box reflected in the animations and distance, but this might not happen anytime soon. 
  • Nutty
    Nutty Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2018

easy fix survivors throw pallets down faster as the devs love speeding up animations or dedicated servers or make the stun occur earlyer in the throw down animation as the latency issues is what causes this too look like the survivor is out of the range or has fully thrown down the pallet and still gets hit through the pallet

• HeroLives
    HeroLives said:
    Orion said:

@HeroLives said:

The vacuum teleported survivors out of the hit box. Sometimes it's bugged and you see killers warping from one side of the pallet to the other or killer appear on the same side as the survivor. Best to not drop the pallet when killer is in the middle of the pallet, but on the other side. The killer can lunge into the pallet area and score a hit when undropped. They need more of a sync to show the appropriate hit box reflected in the animations and distance, but this might not happen anytime soon. 
    Yeah it looked like the lunge was bugged Bc before it wasn’t this bad. Like sometimes it would happen where it connected but no where near as much as it does now. I’ll just have to work on my timing, it’s no issue😅
  • AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    edited July 2018

Not bugged at all, ya'll just have to learn the new timing and stop expecting pallets to be 100% safe now that they are back to the way they used too be.

All they did was revert the patch that made the vacuums, so pallets are risky again cuz you don't know how to time them right anymore, try changing your timing and acknowledging, your probably just not good with it as I and many others can time them right as well as get stunned without hitting them due to proper timing, case and point as usual with near every survivor issue....Git gud.