Honestly, i dont really like the new tinkerer

Options
It almost seems redundant, by the time a gen is 85% complete, you have about 10 seconds to get over there, and in my experience, with billy, i usually either cant get there in time, or, i get there, chace one, and someone else finishes it

I think 65% would be more appropriate.

How does everyone else feel

Also i know that the patch JUST released, but, first impressions, it doesnt seem to do much. (Terror radius eliminating bugs aside.)

Comments

• greenzebra64
    greenzebra64 Member Posts: 65
    Options

Have you not seen the complaints that the perk is OP lol? The whole idea of the perk is to either chainsaw snipe or surprise the survivor with a point blank chainsaw that they didn't see coming.

• jaerthebear
    jaerthebear Member Posts: 212
    Options
    I know but i just...dont feel it

It doesnt seem worth a perk slot to me
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

It's not worth a perk slot... especially on lower tier killers they should have reduced the time down to 75%. that way other killer's could potentially make use of it...... 65% is a bit much imo

• jaerthebear
    Options
    Funny thing, if you read the patch notes on the splash screen when you start the game after downloading the patch, if i recall correctly it did actually say 75%
  • Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    Options

I prefer old tinkerer. It gave a nice boost to charge speed addons and helped pre buff Hag and Trapper set their traps faster.

• Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415
    Options

I like it, 85% is fine IMO. If you don't have any leads, well now you found one and on your way since you have no terror radius you might catch someone else out making a mistake. It shouldn't anything more imo

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,207
    Options

And its glitched atm as well. When a killer gets it first, he keeps no terror radius for the entire round.

• Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415
    Options

@Nick said:
    And its glitched atm as well. When a killer gets it first, he keeps no terror radius for the entire round.

I have played a few games with it and didn't get any messages saying that was happening, also the survivors were acting normal in cases where I clearly had a terror radius. Maybe its bugged sometimes and not others

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624
    Options

@Salty_Pearl said:
    I prefer old tinkerer. It gave a nice boost to charge speed addons and helped pre buff Hag and Trapper set their traps faster.

can you picture the new hag with old tinkerer and add-ons? lol. holy #########....

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

It's a useless perk and alot of people are complaining about it, it's only good if there is 1 survivor working on that gen with no toolboxes, otherwise the perk in itself is pretty bad

75% would be better, 85% is nothing

• Salty_Pearl
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Salty_Pearl said:

can you picture the new hag with old tinkerer and add-ons? lol. holy #########....

I thought you can't increase the setting time anymore?

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624
    Options

@Salty_Pearl said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Salty_Pearl said:

oh. i dunno. i don't play her. i've only seen a few vids.... shes too weird for me....

• Salty_Pearl
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Salty_Pearl said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Salty_Pearl said:

oh. i dunno. i don't play her. i've only seen a few vids.... shes too weird for me....

She's like the Nurse, she's very powerful but hard to master.

• jaerthebear
    Options
    Listen the new hag can put down traps so fast its unreal

Do the highest reduce trap setting time addons you can, and stack them, i DARE you.

I DARE YOU

SHE GOT THEM FINGERS THAT CAN MOVE BBY
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Clearly not worth it.
    The point was to make a gimmick/situational perk out of a perk that was an annoyance for them for the scripts and add-ons.
    Now they don't have to bother with numbers and add-ons, and calculating stuff/what it affects/what it doesn't affect, and call it a day.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    I dont mind it. Not sure i would use it often. I did run it on Michael with the unlimited tier 3 addon. Got 3 survivors while still working on gens. 
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

It needs again completely rework to be playable for ALL KILLERS

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

@jaerthebear said:
    Listen the new hag can put down traps so fast its unreal

Do the highest reduce trap setting time addons you can, and stack them, i DARE you.

I DARE YOU

SHE GOT THEM FINGERS THAT CAN MOVE BBY

Can be only good with the mint rag, but still pointless

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

As a Hillbilly main, i'm not complaining.
    I mean it's much less effective on most others, but hey, Monstrous Shrine is pure ######### on everyone, so there's that...

• SoburrHippie
    SoburrHippie Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Definitely bugged , BT wouldn't even trigger even though the killer was face camping. But I did like having to look around in fear of a billy snipe on the gen.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

85% is actually 12 seconds for a solo survivor with no buffs/debuffs. Run Thanatophobia and you add on 6 second for 1 person injured, and up to 12 for all 4 injured. Even with just 1 injured/hooked, that's 18 seconds. You can easily make it to a gen in that time.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 993
    Options

Tinkerer is currently bugged, and gets into a state where the killer’s terror radius is permanently reduced to 0 for the entire match.

• ryosan
    ryosan Member Posts: 9
    Options

I haven't played with it yet, but seeing it in a few streams it seems ok, Just another information perk. You might not be able to use it all the time to get to the gen; just finding out where they are and might be going seems nice.

• Smoker101
    Smoker101 Member Posts: 52
    Options
    I feel like this changes shouldve gone to insidious.
  • Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Such a good perk, can't believe people still complain. If you have a problem of not reaching there quick enough, use bitter murmur along with it. 
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options
    Tried it with Freddy.

Wasn't that bad chasing other survivors but kinda useless for ambushing them off the generator.
  • Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Options

@Khalednazari said:
    Such a good perk, can't believe people still complain. If you have a problem of not reaching there quick enough, use bitter murmur along with it. 

I try both and must write i wish i be faster becose always after gen is done i suprise few survs but nothing more.Like many ppl write 75% in patch notes is write and 85% complet gen we got in game.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited July 2018
    Options

It only really works good on the two strongest killers funnily enough, the others it aids them more if they are in a chase hurting another player more.

Its just another dumb down the game mechanic like all the survivor notifications, the game has obviously been to hard since it was released now they need to hold our hands and show us the way all the time.