Trash Patch

jiminie
jiminie Member Posts: 200

Hello everyone, so, this patch is trash, why's trash you may ask?
Well, now the killers are flash 2.0, picking survivors up at the speed of light, trash exhaustion nerf, flashlight saves gone to hell, can't juke/escape nurse (or extremely hardly to do so) , oh, did i say trash exhaustion nerf?i don't mind the BNP nerf, but why you touch all exhaustion perks if little baby killers complain about SB, ofc you couldn't just increase the cooldown right, why even bother?

and yeah, i'm triggered
sorry not sorry

Comments

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    Are you complaining that you suck at the game and now require actual skill with a brain to play? Instead of running around in circle in the killers face until he hits you. Then run hide and heal then repeat?
  • megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

Btw, using exhaustion perks multiple times during a chase shouldn't ever been a thing since game release.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

I got farmed this patch... i'm kinda tilted. On the other note tho:
    Didn't face killer with tinkerer yet.
    Dark Sense is cool tho
    "How does one flashlight save?" Book number 4
    Calm mind i used but with no effect for now.

AND I ALMOST CRAWLED THE ENTIRE MAP TO THE EXIT BUT THE HAG GRABBED ME AT THE LAST SECOND JESUS CHRIST

• jiminie
    edited July 2018

@lasombra1979 said:
    Does someone need a hug?

Yes please, i'm lonely and sad :(

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@jiminie said:
    Well, now the killers are flash 2.0, picking survivors up at the speed of light, trash exhaustion nerf, flashlight saves gone to hell, can't juke/escape nurse (or extremely hardly to do so) , oh, did i say trash exhaustion nerf?i don't mind the BNP nerf, but why you touch all exhaustion perks if little baby killers complain about SB, ofc you couldn't just increase the cooldown right, why even bother?

and yeah, i'm triggered
    sorry not sorry

Many experienced killers complained about it not baby killers. Only baby survivors who need their candy perks cry and call it trash. If you watch survivor mains in twitch none of them has any kind of problems.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@jiminie said:

and yeah, i'm triggered
    sorry not sorry

Not to poke you anymore, but someone is reporting tinkerer seems to be giving an infinite 0 terror radius after a generator is done.

• jiminie

@Delfador said:

@jiminie said:

and yeah, i'm triggered
    sorry not sorry

Many experienced killers complained about it not baby killers. Only baby survivors who need their candy perks cry and call it trash. If you watch survivor mains in twitch none of them has any kind of problems.

I don't watch twitch, but i wonder why they ain't complaining, hmm...maybe because they stream this game for a living?It wouldn't be best for business right? hehe
    Maybe because they have thousands of hours in this game? Look, i'm by no means a 'pro' player, but there are people like me who wants to have fun once in a while with SWF, and i don't mean toxic SWF, now, how can i have fun with toxic killers who straight up down you and face camp you, i admit, it's fun to a point because he's just wasting time and others are getting gens done, but match after match after match, no wonder killers got bullied like hell and still do, some deserve it, anyway, i feel like it's an unfair nerf overall, and as i said in an earlier thread, i had no problem slaughtering survivors with or without sprint burst, but meh, what can i do, i guess there'll be 75% of players playing killer

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481
    edited July 2018

@jiminie said:
    picking survivors up at the speed of light

I know that this is clearly a survivor overreaction to being nerfed, which is ironic because the game balance was nearly gutted to make pallets more intuitive for new players, but if your counting "faster pickups" as a major negative of the patch you likely are the kind of player the devs are trying to disempower with these patches.

Long anim locks on killers for things they HAVE to do which allow no counterplay punishes are bad game design and shortening the time allows killers who lack Franklin's Demise to either fake out rescuers for a hit because they need to be closer for the rescue or drive them off, which makes the game better.

Nothing about auto flashlight saves on the anim lock was good, and it is one of those things that was truly indefensible. So by trying to defend it you kinda out yourself as someone who shouldn't have an opinion. It was up there with those old infinite jungle gyms they had in terms of being toxic gameplay that shouldn't exist, because when used well there was no counterplay and it just means the killer literally can't progress the game.

I get not LIKING being nerfed, but if your argument is that it is unfair that you can't get a no-skill flashlight rescue automatically on the killer because they are literally forced to become incapable of moving their camera for a long enough period of time that you can move from the closest hiding spot to them without having to expose yourself at all or risk any serious consequence yourself for trying, you are either a bad player who thinks that all survivors legitimately need that because they are so bad they don't realize they are bad, or you are arguing in bad faith and know it isn't fair but want it anyway and are trying to re-contextualize it as necessary for you to be able to do this.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

Just did flashlight saves in KYF, it is still very possible, and not that hard once you got the timing down.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@jiminie said:

and yeah, i'm triggered
    sorry not sorry

Well maybe stop your survivor entittlement and try killer now that it is so easy to play killer.

• Delfador

@jiminie said:

@Delfador said:

@jiminie said:

and yeah, i'm triggered
    sorry not sorry

I don't watch twitch, but i wonder why they ain't complaining, hmm...maybe because they stream this game for a living?It wouldn't be best for business right? hehe
    Maybe because they have thousands of hours in this game? Look, i'm by no means a 'pro' player, but there are people like me who wants to have fun once in a while with SWF, and i don't mean toxic SWF, now, how can i have fun with toxic killers who straight up down you and face camp you, i admit, it's fun to a point because he's just wasting time and others are getting gens done, but match after match after match, no wonder killers got bullied like hell and still do, some deserve it, anyway, i feel like it's an unfair nerf overall, and as i said in an earlier thread, i had no problem slaughtering survivors with or without sprint burst, but meh, what can i do, i guess there'll be 75% of players playing killer

Then why do killer mains in twitch complain about the game all the time like tru3? They do the same job and earn money from it, not a good defense.

Killers want to have fun too. For you it is not fun to get killed because you want to play the game as much as you can and reach the end game and survive. For killers, it is not fun to not kill anybody, seeing them running away with sprint burst multiple times without a downside etc.

You need to play the killer side before you say something. And no %75 will not play killer side because it is too difficult for survivors. You can try and play killer side 10 games in a row and see how hard it is.

• Hito420
    Hito420 Member Posts: 89

@Dragonredking said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeEo1uZ5wMI
    Oh no I can't use my crutches 2 time in a chases now!
    How am I expected to survive?!?!
    If the exhaustion perk nerf affect you so much, you are bad.
    Sorry not sorry.

yet what about all the crutches killers use that (other than noed an bbq) are almost impossible to avoid? hell the doctor is one huge crutch killer with tracking perks built in, and removing the requirement for killers to run a certain perk just because most killers do so they were given tier 2 of it, why dont survivors get one of their main perks built in? (and no healing eachother doesnt count as self care)

and with the bnp change, the whole point of it was cuz killers complained about the match being too fast for them to get anything done right? what about the flip side, when killers run insta downs with ebony, shouldnt ebonies be made so you have to hook twice to mori instead of just the once? (not the other mori's only ebony cuz they can literally kill everyone an not DH either cuz you have to work for it)

sure you can be toxic an say "dont get caught" "git gud" etc etc but with the changes to the game not getting caught is getting more difficult to do, tell me a game where you werent caught once, cuz when killers run mori, thats all it takes they camp out around the hook, down you instantly, even if you have BT, you go down a few seconds later cuz it halves the time while being chased

• Hito420
    Hito420 Member Posts: 89

@megdonalds said:
    Btw, using exhaustion perks multiple times during a chase shouldn't ever been a thing since game release.

exhaustion wasnt even around at game release lol sprint burst originally was cooldown only, only time we got exhaustion was when dead hard came out

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

This patch is easily one of the best things to happen to the game in long time.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

@Hito420 said:

@megdonalds said:

exhaustion wasnt even around at game release lol sprint burst originally was cooldown only, only time we got exhaustion was when dead hard came out

thats not true. indeed exhaustion didnt exist at release but it definitly was in the game far before dead hard came in.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

Yep flashlight is IMPOSSIBLE TO SAVE NOW PLZ BUFF
    https://clips.twitch.tv/PuzzledWrongMartenHassaanChop

• Delfador

@Hito420 said:

@Dragonredking said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeEo1uZ5wMI
    Oh no I can't use my crutches 2 time in a chases now!
    How am I expected to survive?!?!
    If the exhaustion perk nerf affect you so much, you are bad.
    Sorry not sorry.

yet what about all the crutches killers use that (other than noed an bbq) are almost impossible to avoid? hell the doctor is one huge crutch killer with tracking perks built in, and removing the requirement for killers to run a certain perk just because most killers do so they were given tier 2 of it, why dont survivors get one of their main perks built in? (and no healing eachother doesnt count as self care)

and with the bnp change, the whole point of it was cuz killers complained about the match being too fast for them to get anything done right? what about the flip side, when killers run insta downs with ebony, shouldnt ebonies be made so you have to hook twice to mori instead of just the once? (not the other mori's only ebony cuz they can literally kill everyone an not DH either cuz you have to work for it)

sure you can be toxic an say "dont get caught" "git gud" etc etc but with the changes to the game not getting caught is getting more difficult to do, tell me a game where you werent caught once, cuz when killers run mori, thats all it takes they camp out around the hook, down you instantly, even if you have BT, you go down a few seconds later cuz it halves the time while being chased

There is no crutch perks other than NOED and BBQ and these two perks are so easy to avoid that even you don't want to use them as an example. Killers gave survivors so many advises how to avoid them. There is literally nothing I can do against a sprint burst.

Matches are already short. If survivors want to finish all the generators, there is nothing you can do against them with most of the killers. Only viable killers can put pressure on good survivors. Stupid BNP were making everything worse.

Doctor was my main but he is not good at all at high ranks. He is almost unplayable without addons. He is not 'crutch'

What is the point of mori if the killers are going to hook survivors twice? They can kill them with third hooks anyway? Also ebony mories are not something that you see in every single match. Sprint burst is in almost every single match.

Saying don't get caught is not toxic or git gud.

I can't tell how many games I play without seeing the killer. It is not that difficult

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

@TheXenoborg said:
    You know it's a good patch when 99% survivors are complaining.

Don't worry I'm sure Killers will be complaining about something different tommorrow, nothin new.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Tizzle said:

@TheXenoborg said:

Don't worry I'm sure Killers will be complaining about something different tommorrow, nothin new.

DS sprintburst SWF, just to name a few

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    All you have to do is adapt. It could be worse, they could have REMOVED all the exhaustion perks.

If you were a good survivor, you only need to trigger an exhaustion perk once and then break LOS. Its much better than looping the killer for 5 gens then getting facecamped at the end.
  • BlazeModz
    BlazeModz Member Posts: 54
    Not to be rude, but you are very entitled. You can't use your cruthes anymore so you are angry you can't depend on them. 
  • TheSkreechingDeath
    TheSkreechingDeath Member Posts: 36

Oh my! How dare the Devs try to make DBD more balanced! Terrible just terrible.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    edited July 2018

I played a match earlier 1st one since release and ran right smack dab into my main a Trapper. I knew it'd be interesting when everyone in my lobby was on a P3 except me. It turns out the Trapper was P3 also and holy cow was he fast. I love the new trap set times and pickup isn't really that bad. Although with agitation III which I also run he's a scary mofo. The enrf to exhaustion isn't a big deal really and I chose not to play the ptb so I could be surprised and i sure was.

The mnap was Badham Preschool so the gen aura perk made things really interesting and to the Billy's complaining good grief. You were running across the map long before the aura perk change at gens and surprising people. so now you're whinging about actually knowing someones there and running across the map and still being able to surprise someone.

Post edited by powerbats on
  • DukeJukem
    DukeJukem Member Posts: 114

@dezzmont said:

@jiminie said:
    picking survivors up at the speed of light

I know that this is clearly a survivor overreaction to being nerfed, which is ironic because the game balance was nearly gutted to make pallets more intuitive for new players, but if your counting "faster pickups" as a major negative of the patch you likely are the kind of player the devs are trying to disempower with these patches.

Long anim locks on killers for things they HAVE to do which allow no counterplay punishes are bad game design and shortening the time allows killers who lack Franklin's Demise to either fake out rescuers for a hit because they need to be closer for the rescue or drive them off, which makes the game better.

Nothing about auto flashlight saves on the anim lock was good, and it is one of those things that was truly indefensible. So by trying to defend it you kinda out yourself as someone who shouldn't have an opinion. It was up there with those old infinite jungle gyms they had in terms of being toxic gameplay that shouldn't exist, because when used well there was no counterplay and it just means the killer literally can't progress the game.

I get not LIKING being nerfed, but if your argument is that it is unfair that you can't get a no-skill flashlight rescue automatically on the killer because they are literally forced to become incapable of moving their camera for a long enough period of time that you can move from the closest hiding spot to them without having to expose yourself at all or risk any serious consequence yourself for trying, you are either a bad player who thinks that all survivors legitimately need that because they are so bad they don't realize they are bad, or you are arguing in bad faith and know it isn't fair but want it anyway and are trying to re-contextualize it as necessary for you to be able to do this.

u do know the killer can spam the r key and drop the survivor to avoid being flashlighted right? there is a counter to flashlights. walls. spamming r. looking around and finding the little saver. this whole drop the survivor during a flashlight save is almost a guaranteed exploit to counter a flashlight save. the survivor must time the flashlight PERFECTLY or just get a successful blind after the killer animation is done (hoping the killer presses R AFTER you get the killer blind/stun combo.) lightborn. fire up. franklins demise. baiting the pick up. knock out counters everything but empathy. hex the third seal counters empathy. looking up works every time if the survivor doesnt time it perfectly and u look up properly. tons of counters to flashlights lol.

• MusicBox
    MusicBox Member Posts: 33

Honestly i like the patch the hag is now very nice to play now for me .
    I don't need to waste so much time to set traps since its her mobility n she is slow as the nurse (that got the best mobility of all killers)
    When its come to surv i don't run perks like sprint burst etc and i survive a lot of the game honestly .
    The flash lights are annoying for the killer everytime they pick a surv up or break pallets we have ways to counter it the patch wasn't that unfair to flash light since u how to know how to use it .
    And besides now u get dark sence that give u the location of the killer every gen its done i think its nice am sure to use it when i play some alone builds ~.
    Why not give it a try for few days n think about it n then share it not just say its a bad patch after 2-3 games as surv.

• Sally55
    Sally55 Member Posts: 368

@jiminie said:

and yeah, i'm triggered
    sorry not sorry

Get over it.

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940

I'm happy with the changes and I main survivor. I was kind of mad when I first found out about the exhaustion perk nerfs and what not but then I started changing out SB for other perks and trying new builds and it really increased the fun level I have while playing the game. 
  • boomgagem
    boomgagem Member Posts: 32

Well, judging by my last 5 games, yeah this patch wasnt good. All of my games have had people dcing. Welcome to the derank meta boys and girls

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

@jiminie said:

and yeah, i'm triggered
    sorry not sorry

All these reasons are why I actually LOVE this new patch. It actually focuses on helping killers for once

• jaerthebear
    jaerthebear Member Posts: 212
    Git gud

I live saying that

Gitgudgitgudgitgud

• boomgagem
    boomgagem Member Posts: 32

@jaerthebear said:
    Git gud

I live saying that

Gitgudgitgudgitgud

It just shows your whole life revolves around ridiculous sayings on the internet. Live on brother

• jiminie

@jaerthebear said:
    Git gud

I live saying that

Gitgudgitgudgitgud

DBD killers in a nutshell, you must be proud of what you're doin' with your life

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    edited July 2018
    jiminie said:

and yeah, i'm triggered
    sorry not sorry

:: cackles maniacally ::

Post edited by EpicFailTryHard on
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Yep. When survivors are complaining like this, you know the patch is good.

It isn't even about killer vs. survivors... it's about what makes sense.

2.1 patch does a lot to balance this game out. Very well done.

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    may god bless these wonderful people that made this beautiful and extremely playable game.
  • popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    I only use Lithe. That "nerf" is ok, because I can still lose killers. Deja vu is fun perk to have...

Git Gud

• DCgames
    DCgames Member Posts: 40

Honestly the patch isnt trash (if you havent realize the devs actually fixed the game to how it should be) the killer should be over powered thats the point of the game 4 very weak survivors who have to over power a godly creature who was sent by a demon to kill them all. if you cant deal with that dont complain about just learn how to play with it and get better, just saying. Plus ive been play survivor none stop and the patch didnt do ######### honestly they need to puff killers more lol i was able to loop a clown for the entire game with 2 palletes. lol

• DCgames

@DCgames said:
    Honestly the patch isnt trash (if you havent realize the devs actually fixed the game to how it should be) the killer should be over powered thats the point of the game 4 very weak survivors who have to over power a godly creature who was sent by a demon to kill them all. if you cant deal with that dont complain about just learn how to play with it and get better, just saying. Plus ive been play survivor none stop and the patch didnt do ######### honestly they need to puff killers more lol i was able to loop a clown for the entire game with 2 palletes. lol

rank 3 by the way

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Git gud surv lol.
  • DCgames

@Larcz said:
    Git gud surv lol.

AGREED

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

Seems to me there have been a crap ton of Survivor mains bragging that they can reach Rank 1 without using any perks at all. So a Nerf to exhaustion should mean next to nothing.

It is possible to play the game and have fun without perks, so a change that limits the use you can get out of a perk shouldn't make the game any less playable.

I'm sure survivors will adapt in no time and start using thier perks to actually lose the Killer and go hide, not loop forever. Leg it out guys, you can do it.