Mori vs SWF

Facing a team of SWF with 3 or 4 members can be a pain, especially in red ranks.

How about a conditional Mori provided by the Entity in ranks 1-5? You don't have to use an offering by yourself (bc you can't know in the lobby if you face a SWF), you just get it automatically at time if conditions met (so you will just know you face an SWF, if you can use the Mori the first time, not at the start of the match):

3 SWF: Basically a green Mori, you can kill one survivor from the SWF players (not the solo dude), after you hooked the survivor once.

4 SWF: If 2 gens have been completed, you can kill one downed survivor, even if not yet hooked.

At least something that doesn't screw up groups of randoms, but maybe it's a bit too strong. Would be also possible to give this power only to certain killers and rotate monthly.

Comments

• ceeroover
    ceeroover Member Posts: 78

OK, than give it always, no matter what rank :).

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Yep, I bank mine until I have a mori ritual. Don’t feel like using them, ever.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

A change to making the game more balanced would be better, but giving the killer bonus bp + Emblem points for facing SWF groups is the least that could be done.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,094

Even if some people are saying it: Moris are not rare at all. Especially Ebonys, when the Killer does not have any Pink Offerings. On my Hillbilly I have far more Ebony Moris than Ivory Moris, and I did not do that many Bloodwebs at this point.

Personally, I use Moris vs 4 man SWFs, but only if they act toxic. If they act normally, I will play normally.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@altruistic This specific suggestion aside, it's not about punishing players for playing with their friends, this is about not punishing those killers who play against SWF when they could have more balanced matches facing solo players.

We all know that SWF teams are stronger than teams of solos. That the killer doesn't get any kind of compensation, gameplay-wise or bonus-point-wise, doesn't make sense.

• ceeroover

If I could keep a green Mori, I could have used in the match, it would be ok as well. This would have been my second suggestion. I would also say Moris are not that rare, but I don't want to waste 50kP to get one in a Bloodweb.

I know about the punishment, but as we have not seen any compensation, it's basically a punishment of killer and solo players we have seen so far. It's not much better from my perspective.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

And what about the solo survivors or killers that get punished by being paired up with SWFs?

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

It's apart of the game.

Adding in mechanics because you don't like apart of the game is ridiculous.

I don't like playing against Spirit. Why can't I have DS automatically when I play against them? I don't like Ruin, why can't Small Game be baseline when Ruin is active?

Absolute nonsense. Stop asking for handicaps.

• BlueFang

Yes but SWFS 8 times out of 10 have voice communication. Which is far more powerful than any handicap they can put in the game

Heck even without voice chat they can just use steam

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

I would love a green mori personally as part of the killers basic kit and perhaps get rid of red mori's all together as its a bit too strong.

• Aven_Fallen

Interesting statistic. Where do you have it from?

And well, you are not entitled to win every game...

• altruistic

You literally pulled that stat out of your ass.

You have no way to back up that claim.

• BlueFang

It's not even about winning. It's annoying how with a SWF with voice communication can counter every stealth strategy, make every hex perk even worse, and just generally being annoying because they don't have to do any guesswork on their location, killer's location and so forth

Some also have the tendency to let the solos die. I've died because 2-3 mans have left me behind because I got caught

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

Tbh, if they ever did remove them for whatever reason (unlikely) I could careless...

Its honestly just for show, or just to spite Survivors for some Killlers I guess.

• altruistic

Avoidance.

Don’t make a claim when you have nothing to back it up. Roll your eyes all you want, but your made up statistics are the real eye roll.

• ceeroover

@altruistic

Just as a side note, currently it wouldn't even be a real punishment as most of the players would agree that beating a random group is easy and a 3-4k very common. Bringing SWF to this level would just even it out, what wouldn't be okay anyway - just saying.

I'm not entitled to win every game, but it's sad to stomp randoms in the ground and get stomped by SWF in return. This is not the right balance.

But just saying no if somebody proposes something about SWF (comms with friends can be a clear advantage) seems to be entitled as well.

• BlueFang
    edited September 2019

@altruistic

I wasn't expecting to have to support an off-hand claim. That was meant to allude to how common voice chat is, because It's an off-hand claim for pete's sake.

But yes, I get it. Your obsessed over the details unfortunately it's impossible to track how many SWF use voice communication because it's not possible to track, third party and all. However it's a pretty good bet that even the group of friends wanting to have fun, Probably have voice chat and pretty much nearly every SWF have voice chat.

I've been playing since October 2018 and nearly every SWF I've run into but the most casual of friends at like green ranks early purple have had voice coms

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

basekit moris is defenitely in my top 5 for worst ideas

• RicardiBacardi
    RicardiBacardi Member Posts: 77

If you face a swf in red ranks, the only one who is going to de-rank, no matter what, is the killer, i still believe they should get a penalty for being swf in high ranks

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Yeah no. I don't feel like being punished because that 3 man SWF decided to play and I'm just trying to do Solos.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

“Facing SWF is hard so please give me something easier”

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

Why not run a mori instead of receiving a mori for going against SWF ?

• Aven_Fallen

Basekit Cypress would be awesome.

This would give more of the great Animations, without actually creating an unbalanced game by removing someone early.

• ceeroover
    edited September 2019

@katoptris: I would, if I'd know I play against 3 or 4 SWF

@Johnny212: "I don't want my easy mode being touched"

I didn't suggested a basekit Mori, I suggested a conditional Mori. But ok, you don't want it, I got it.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Balanced game vs solo? You mean an easier game.

When you queue up, you are going into a game with a plethora of variables and possibilities.

You accept the easy and the tough, and learn from it, and move on.

Cherry picking lobbies or acting like swf is the end of the world is childish.

• AWesley91
    AWesley91 Member Posts: 151

Better idea, let's just remove the option to play survivor since killers are crybabies. Thats what you want basically.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867

I mentioned it a while back but I'd really like BP rewards for every person whose above you in rank. If you play as a rank 15 surv against a rank 8 killer you'd get a percentage of bonus bp for every rank above you the killer is and if you're a killer that gets a rank 1 surv abusing the system while rank 20, you're now rolling in the BPs.

Something similar for swf on its own would be pretty awesome too. Like a small percentage of bonus bp for the killer any time they vs swf

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565

No one likes facing SWF, but do you honestly think that a free mori is a solution?

• ceeroover
    edited September 2019

I don't know.

Of course, if a killer brings good addons and Mori all time, facing SWF wouldn't be a problem. However, it would be complete overkill vs. randoms and as you don't know if you play vs SWF, it's probably a waste and completely annoying for those random groups, leading to even more solos leave or go for killer. But is this the desired way? Wouldn't it be better to even out SWF and solos somehow? I just don't see how they will get to the same level of coordination as SWF on comms.

I mean, the devs can't even decide to make kindred basekit or disable OoO for SWF or at least to give it a try on a PTB. Therefore a handicap for SWF seems the cheaper choice, and has to come with some killer nerfs/surv buffs as well. Don't get me wrong, I don't want SWF also to get 3/4k all time. I just don't want the average kill ratio being 50%, consisting of 0/1k vs SWF and 3/4k vs randoms.

And rewarding more points (let killer bring good addons more regularly) or make all killers viable vs. SWF, will screw solos even more. But playing vs Nurse, Spirit and Billy all time gets just dumb.

Of course, a free Mori vs SWF is pretty strong, but as I said you can just give it to some killers each season and so on or make the conditions a bit more tough. I agree, it's still crutch, but playing vs 3/4 SWF just bc of some more points, that I could get easily vs randoms the normal way does not trigger me.

• Johnny212
    Johnny212 Member Posts: 35
    edited September 2019

Easy mode what? It's not survivor's fault if gens done too quick and could loop some killer for a long time. It's basically just a very bad balance in the game.

You want someone to be blamed? Then blame the devs and swf with comms.

Changing mori will just make a new imbalance for solo survivors that already struggle and try their best to survive when matched with potato /dc team.

Both sides have their own problem.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

When I run a mori against swf, here is what I see:

=/=, =/=, =/=

Then some poor solo survivor is left to fart around with me.