Why "Sabotage" is still mentioned as one of the core survivor actions?

Must be REPAIR, HEAL AND CLEANSE instead of REPAIR, HEAL AND SABOTAGE.

Sabotage is nearly dead and too situational mechanic, but cleanse is much more useful.

Comments

• Inggard
    Inggard Member Posts: 15

I can tell you that Sabo is a real thing right now on Switch omg 😤

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

Sabo can be a real pain in the butt if used correctly, but very few try doing so, and even less do it well

• InfinyMage
    InfinyMage Member Posts: 236

The most annoying thing to have to deal with is survivors that actually sabo. Which I expirience maybe once every 300 games as a killer. Lol

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

It's definitely not popular. It doesn't win games. But man is it fun to do.

And killers tend to go ballistc when you do it, and you know you're going to get tunneled and face camped for the rest of the game hahaha.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172
    edited September 2019

Well you ain't wrong...

Sabotage WAS extremly powerful...so much so that they had to nerf it tonthe ground. Then the devs realized they made a mistake and tried to balance it a bit, making sabotage reach a "meh" lvl of usefulness.

Imo tho it's probably one of the hardest perk to balance just bc it has the potential to be OP extremly quick.

Post edited by TheUnendingNightmare on
  • Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

i've started saboing more just because its a joke between me and my friend. i told him saboing is pretty much useless, decided to show him by going full sabotage survivor, and then we ended up getting all the gens done with the killer only hooking like 3 times. so now i sabotage just as a joke.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

The only buff I want to sabotage at this point, is for the perk to let you see all hook auras (or all hook auras in a certain radius). That's it. I don't really need anything else for it. Maybe lengthen the time the hook is broken just a little, but not necessary. Nice to have, but could easily become OP.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172

Still I wish it could be stronger.

From experience we now know that perma destroyed hooks is OP but definetly should stay broken longer.

Maybe if sabotage would trigger when the killer attempt to hook someone it would work a bit better.

Instead of fully destroying hooks right away, the perk could cause them to be destroyed if the killer attempt to use it ? This could even allow wiggling to be useful for the first time in forever.