What does DS make you feel or want to do when someone uses it on you?

Options

I don't tend to tunnel, I actually go for the saviour when they unhook in my face or really close to me but if the survivor who was unhooked runs straight to me or is dumb enough to think that I can't hear his moans of pain he's getting downed for taking for granted I'm not going for him cause "that would be tunneling" (it's not, in my opinion) and he decided not to hide or run away.

Having in mind I don't tunnel, whenever I grab a downed survivor and he has DS and he/she lands it correctly, something happens in my mind, call it the Entity if you want, but that DS just makes me wanna focus on who ever used it, I don't know if it's the animation, or the sensation of feeling powerless for 2 seconds when I'm the one in charge, but it just gets to me and that person is gonna die...

I have to state that if I'm carrying someone and I get blinded or somehow a teammate gives the grabbed one time to wiggle out, I go for the rescuer, not for the person who got away by wiggling out, that's why I'm asking:

What do you feel when someone lands a DS on you?

Comments

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549
    Options

usually when I pick someone up not too long after they were unhooked I think "just use it already," and when they do, I just nod to myself and look for either them (if theyre still close) or someone else

• Xcheesemongrolx
    Xcheesemongrolx Member Posts: 115
    Options

Can't get stabbed if you don't stab

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options

Good sir, the problem is, I don't tunnel, if I stab that same survivor it was cause he was dumb enough to run straight into me, try to body block another chase or just thought I couldn't hear the moans of pain and the survivor stayed close to where I was

• Xcheesemongrolx
    Xcheesemongrolx Member Posts: 115
    Options

Then just slug them if you feel bad for tunneling and let there teamates heal them or yoi can kinda patrol him while hes on the ground and pick him up after the ds is gone

• Teh_DuuuDe
    Teh_DuuuDe Member Posts: 37
    Options

I just blink to them and down them immediately after

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

I don't tunnel.

But sometimes there's just no choice: Sometimes i'm just far away enough to not see what's going on during the unhook, but i'm close enough to chase one of the two, and sometimes the unhooker outplays me while the unhooked doesn't.

And i sure as hell don't just let prey go if i find it.

I dislike slugging greatly, so i usually pick people up immediately, sometimes resulting in a DS.

Funny thing is though: DS users often seem to not be good at chases anymore once they use it.

I almost always get them in the next loop.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

Usually, my reaction is, "Crap, is that the survivor who just got off the hook?" because it means I got the survivors mixed up.

Except one time when I went, "#########, how has it not been 60 seconds yet?" because I'd already hooked two other survivors since they were unhooked.

After a few days of getting tunneled out of every game within the first couple of minutes, I finally unlocked the DS teachable and started using it. So, I don't begrudge survivors bringing DS; it most likely means they're in the same boat as me, reaching the point where they've just had enough and would like to stay in the match long enough to do something.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Options

I don't use it as a survivor but as a killer #@&we>{% πŸ˜‚

They've nerfed it so it is waaaaay better. I did try it out as a survivor but I play on PS4 and it was so buggy that even if I hit it I had a 50/50 shot... then got tunneled to oblivion.

I didn't think it was fair so I'm happy with the changes, even though it hardly ever worked...it just felt cheesy.

As a killer, Freddy main at that, it was sooooooo incredibly frustrating at end game. I'm also grateful they reworked Freddy too!

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526
    Options

Doesn't make me feel anything either, besides maybe a slight annoyance if I chased after someone else, and hooked someone and just happened to down them a second time and it was still active. But most of the time I shouldn't have tunneled, maybe I needed the down, but hey I know how it feels to get tunneled and it isn't fun, so I don't really care.

Now old DS where it was just free at any pick up point that annoyed me.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

I just go "Aw..." then slap them back on the floor.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

So I only get really hurt by DS in the end game when I need to camp and tunnel because the door is open, this is when it really hurts. Yes you can say hit the rescuer but when the entire team is doing the save they all take hits and run off so that's not an option. Yes this is one of those rare really bad occurences that shouldn't happen but this is really the only time it hurts.

I can see DS into Adrenaline hurting as well but these scenarios all revolve around me or other Killers playing poorly.

Now in a normal match I don't care, if I get hit by DS then it's because I wasn't paying attention.

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728
    Options

I just get annoyed because i forgot they were recently hooked. Funnily enough, i get called a slugger for not wanting to eat em

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    Options

Incredibly annoying when you punish super altruistic hook rushing and getting multiple downs before remembering

"Oh right DS is a thing"

Elephant noises intensify

Nothing better than getting your kill denied because of one single bloody perk because if you waited just 5 seconds more you could have done it, especially annoying at EGC

• YamiTheFurry
    YamiTheFurry Member Posts: 229
    Options

I sigh

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899
    Options

Makes me want to tear their head from their neck, given that they're toxic aholes (usually are)

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899
    Options

My favorite moment is when you down them because they are in your face getting in your way on another survivor hit and it's been about 40 seconds, so you down them and they think you're gonna be an idiot and pick them up, i will wait the extra 20 seconds and then pick them up, and they DC. Salt lol

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

Nothing. For me I'd rather them use it earlier than later in EGC when I can't afford it.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968
    Options

I feel nothing. Probably because they get down 10 seconds after they use it πŸ˜…

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

I just eat the stun, phase, and down them a few seconds later.

• Xboned
    Xboned Member Posts: 461
    Options

I know those "Entity" moments, though mine don't come from DS. I think it's a good perk, I understand why people run it, and I'm glad people have a tool to fight tunneling. Plus, I'm like a yautja... I respect prey that fights back. Show me you want to live.

Flashlight saves are what make me see red. They're frustrating, they're embarrassing, and they make me feel foolish for getting caught by them. It's compounded by the fact that survivors who pull one off tend to get cocky afterward, last one immediately ran to a nearby pallet and started clicking/teabagging.

I was playing Doctor, so... you know. Zap, hit, down. Hooked and dead soon after. I love when people forget that Herman can stun them.

• Xboned
    Xboned Member Posts: 461
    edited September 2019
    Options

And that's why I don't mind DS one bit. Sucks to get hit with, but I'm glad the little squishies running around have some way to reclaim their playing time from bottom-feeding killers.

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
    Options

I only tunnel if the game has gone so fast and so bad for me, I at least want a kill. If everyone has been on hook twice or even once, I don't tunnel, only if it gets ridiculously bad. DS doesn't hurt me, I use it while I'm playing survivor often, why would I hate it? I would just become the biggest hypocrite.

The stun might be a little outrageous playing on the killers side, but it's your and my fault that we decided to not look at the clock and get a good feel when it went down.

• Fng36
    Fng36 Member Posts: 26
    Options

Simple sad it used to be skilled skill check but now a blind infant using his face could hit that skill check . So I feel ugh how sad now will kill them asap . Now multiple ones make me sluggish everyone watching them bleed out

• Blackowt_9120
    Blackowt_9120 Member Posts: 300
    Options

I feel whelmed. I expect ds on every survivor so I usually just get hit with it if someone escapes a hook and a gate is open. If I have time i just wait but you don’t always have the luxury and have to take a chance

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926
    Options

That only happens when I feel that eating the ds stun is the best option for the situation. Or, I forgot that they were recently hooked.