So, about Demo's addons

Rivyn
Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Why isn't there one that gives a sound notification when a portal is starting to be destroyed, instead of after it's destroyed?

Comments

• Sauceman_Tim
    Sauceman_Tim Member Posts: 106

Good idea. Would be so much more useful than any other add on they've given us

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I'd like one removing the scream when he uses a portal.

Almost all his addons that affect survivors destroying portals are just bad.

• Nephs
    Nephs Member Posts: 21

I wish BHVR would just stop with the Blind Status addons, they're so bad and it doesn't even function properly as you can still see the location of survivors getting hooked while blind. Blindness addons have pathetic durations aswell for the most part

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

+1

They need to effect more or last WAY longer than they currently do.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

I’ve always had the idea to make Blindness hide the killer’s Red Stain from the affected survivor, but now Undetectable seems to have that covered. So, Blindness is pretty much a dead perk now outside of meme or slug builds.

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

This is what the reworked ultra-rare should have done.

• Nephs

It's what it should've done in addition to what it does now, I like the idea of using the undetectable more to create a sneaky Demo playstyle, but it doesn't work with a global announcement of "hey here I come" along with super loud, stompy footsteps

• Tower_XVI
    Tower_XVI Member Posts: 109

Honestly I feel like most of his addons are uninspired or poor in execution if not in principle. I've been tempted to make a post about the direction add-ons in general and probably will at this point. I'm surprised at how bad a lot of the perks and addons turned out to be despite how interesting demogorgon's gameplay is.

• Nephs

Agreed, It's not even that his addons are bad per sé, he has a couple great ones IMO, but they're all pretty bland. I've noticed this becoming worse since Plague, and thinking "wow these addons are all really uninteresting and simple" way back during her PTB.

Compared to say Wraith's reworked addons, where a lot of them offer various playstyles, synergies and gimmicks, one has to wonder what happened.

• Tower_XVI
    Tower_XVI Member Posts: 109

That's exactly my line of thinking through and through. There's a major difference in the direction and creativity between the wraith add-on rework and a lot of the releases since then. I thought wraith's kit is amazing and it's crazy how much add-ons can do for folks like Shape and Wraith despite the simplicity in their designs. I wish all killers could receive that level of interest and attentiveness during the design process to facilitate long-lasting results with add-ons and usage for them across the board instead of letting browns and yellows pile up due to uselessness.

• Nephs

Agreed, typically most Killers, especially the recent ones, only get a handful of truely good addons anyway, so why not get creative and do something fun and gimmicky, or something that changes how you'd approach using a power, instead of reaching for the bottom of the barrel and stuffing in some random status effect or "more frequent skillchecks on Pig boxes" (like really?) for example.

• Nephs
    edited September 2019

It should, but even if it did, it'd still be an overall weak status, especially on something like Demo portals where the Killer player isn't really the one applying it to you.