A Letter From Survivors to Killers... (REAL TALK)

Options

I think killer mains need a new mindset sometimes I want to turn on DBD and just loop a little maybe even pallet stun but all in the name of fun for both myself and the killer. Personally I think killers need to stop being so damn greedy for the kill think about it if you slug and allow players to pick up each other they waste time no doing gens while you can kick and regress them. Or Allow a survivor to be unhooked and fully healed while you turn your attention to another survivor? Or is it even asking too much allow a occasional survivor wiggling off your shoulders at least once a day/week? My Point is that the basic " as soon I see you it means I got to tunnel you" mindset is PLAYED out can you killer mains please make the game more creative and fun for survivors and just the community in general I promise you will still get your 4ks just stretch the chase aka the game a little longer.

Comments

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,791
    Options

No more ebony mori's after first hook either please. Had three Spirits do that today.

• stonecold
    stonecold Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2019
    Options

Because killer is more difficult than survivors, it has to do with the multi tasking vs 4 survivors where it becomes even harder if they are decent. So some killers can't cope with the difficulty and want to do some kills because it's frustrating to play the game normally as killer.. Until the game gets balanced. You are talking about killer where most of the times it's survivors who do not respect killers and be toxic and have 'fun'.

Ps : you may not face those situations in red ranks.

• JustAFeeling
    JustAFeeling Member Posts: 324
    Options

You know when you had a good game, when one survivor at least gets out.

• Raidoku
    Raidoku Member Posts: 69
    Options

Im a  rank 1 survivor I mainly play swf I just feel like the game is balanced if you have ruin and some other good perks as killer your chances to win are 95% so the fact that killers can control the game in a way where all can get max points they should take the time and think like an actual killer no killer kills their prey right away only murders do that and last time I checked its play as survivor or KILLER 😐️

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549
    Options

Oh, so killers aren't allowed to do their job now - kill? I'm supposed to let you escape, when my entire goal and drive is to kill you?

I don't tunnel or camp, but if you unhook right in front of my face, im gonna try to get both people. Slugging is a legit strategy that helps secure the kills. If you don't like it, bring unbreakable or suck it up.

I can't take the op seriously.

• Raidoku
    Options
  • MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    Options

More like your too lazy and pulled random numbers out of your mouth and didn't even go try to test it out. And it really doesn't help your stance when you said "Im a rank 1 survivor I mainly play swf" dose it? Killer is killer, murder is a killer and killer is a murder, there is no difference between those words.

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963
    Options

Of course I will slug you just for me to have fun and make you suffer and DC 😂Whenever I want to extend the game, I never do it for your fun but for more blood points. And you know what I do to the last survivor who wants hatch? I carry them there giving them hope and then I close it.

• joan
    joan Member Posts: 122
    Options

Totally agree. Yesterday I was playing a game and 3 survivors escape. I saw the hatch so I did noise because I wanted the killer to close the hatch so he/she could gain BPs. He came towards me as I had kidnapped his son. He knew for sure what I wanted, but he killed me. I don't have nothing against anyone, but I have more than 1500 hours in this game and I played against people of so many countries, and the most competitive killers are russian people. And I love Russia and russian people.

• Raidoku
    Options

Im fine with that tbh and I willing to form a team around having fun with a killer instead of being toxic every game if the devs seriously made this game with the intent "not to be taken seriously" then why cant switching up how the known way that has been played for mainly 3 years with a few acceptations be so bad? I not saying never play the good old fashion way and do objectives im just saying create FUN a little more is all we know the game has limited mechanics lets just extend all the FUN ones.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

Too bad.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Thanks, but no. You play to the best of your ability, and I'll play to mine.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,683
    Options

What they really need is an alternate game mode for casuals. What I'm proposing is a radical change from the current DBD experience. All I ask is that you read through the entire post before having a knee jerk reaction to any one part. This is not meant to be a replacement for ranked. Rather a different experience focused on the chase aspect.

The Chase

To help decrease down time on the killer's part looking for survivors, killers in this game mode can see the aura of survivors further than 45 meters away.

Survivors have the reverse of this and can see other survivor's auras within 45 meters of themselves. Survivors in a chase will have many handicaps as explained later. This will help survivors coordinate better to help compensate.

Survivors will not be able to use the same window or pallet more than once in a chase.

Survivors gain a 2 second burst of speed when fast vaulting a window.

Survivors that are injured in a chase have the "windows of opportunity" perk effect until the chase ends.

Survivors can heal themselves to full health from the dying state. (think infinite unbreakable perk plus healing to full health) Slugging will not be a thing in this game mode.

Pallets function very differently in this mode. Pallets break automatically when stunning the killer. The pallet stun time is 3 seconds. Killers breaking pallets by kicking will break in 1.5 seconds. Pallets respawn after 30 seconds. Killer perks that effect pallet break speed or stun duration are banned in this game mode.

Bloodlust for the killer will not end until the survivor is put in a dying state, or the killer has lost sight of the survivor for an extended time. Breaking pallets or being stunned by a pallet does not end bloodlust. Bloodlust tier 1 activates after 30 seconds in a chase. Bloodlust tier 2 activates after 45 seconds and bloodlust tier 3 activates after 60 seconds. Each tier of bloodlust increases window vault speed by 10% and decreases pallet stun time by .25 seconds in addition to the current move speed bonuses. At tier 2 the killer will see the chased survivors aura for 1 second with 5 second intervals. At tier 3 the killer will be able to see the survivors aura until the chase ends.

Essentially, if the killer chases the same survivor long enough, the killer will catch the survivor since the windows and pallets will be unusable and bloodlust bonuses are so strong.

Survivor 3 Life System

Survivors have 3 "lives". When the killer catches and puts them on a hook the survivor loses 1 life and is put in a ghost world for 45 seconds after losing the first life and 30 seconds after losing the second life. If the survivor is hooked in the basement, they will be in the ghost world an additional 30 seconds. While the survivor is in the ghost world they can not interact with any objects other than vaulting windows or other objects. The world appears black and white and the survivor can not see or touch the other players besides other survivors also in the ghost world. The survivor will not be able to see generators, totems, or chests either.

The survivor will also earn bloodpoints for collecting orbs in the ghost world. Small orbs will be worth 25 bloodpoints and rare large orbs will be worth 100. The orbs regenerate over time and survivors will be able to earn roughly the equivalent amount of bloodpoints in the ghost world as if they were working on a generator solo during that time. The ghost world bloodpoints will go into a general pool. The general pool is applied to any category that doesn't reach 8,000 points, but will never raise the survivor past 32,000 total earned.

After the timer is up the survivor will appear on a spectral hook at least 32 meters away from the killers current location. The survivor on the hook will see the shroud indication from Insidious around them. This indicates that the killer can not see them on the hook. Other survivors can see the aura of the hooked survivor and unhook them normally at which point they are back in the game. While a survivor is hooked there is no progress meter and there is no struggle phase. Survivors can attempt to free themselves from the hook, but the baseline success chance is 0% for the first attempt and increases by 1% for each attempt after. Attempts for the survivor to free themselves will take 1-2 seconds longer than the current system. If all the survivors are either dead, in ghost world time out, or hooked then the killer wins.

Generators

Once a generator is at 50% repair status, survivors will not be able to progress further without finding and installing a part for the generator. When a survivor reaches half repair state they will see an icon on the generator showing the color and shape of a part at which point the part will spawn into the world at least 32 meters away from the generator. If a survivor is within 16 meters of a part, they will be able to see the aura of the part. The aura will be color coded to a specific generator. Once the survivor has picked up a part, they will be able to see the aura of the generator that it goes to.

Multiple survivors can pick up the same part, but once the first survivor installs the part it will be removed from all survivors inventories and survivors that had the part will no longer be able to see the aura of the generator. When a survivor with a part returns to the generator, they will receive a 1000 bloodpoint bonus for installing the part. If the generator is no longer at 50% repair status due to the killer kicking the generator while the survivor was looking for the part when they install the part it will repair the generator progress up to 25%, but will not raise the repair state past 50%.

When killers kick a gen, there is 5% immediate damage to the generator. 

If one or more survivor(s) are dead (not just in the ghost world, but permanently dead) or DC then any generator that hasn't already reached the "part missing" stage will not be missing parts. The killer will also lose the 5% immediate kick damage to generators.

General Changes

Offerings are restricted. Only offerings that affect bloodpoint gains can be used.

Some perks are banned. Either because they would be overpowered in this mode or because it is redundant.

1. Endurance. OP with pallet system
    2. Spirit Fury. Redundant with pallet system.
    3. Fire Up. OP with chase system.
    4. Brutal Strength. OP with pallet system.
    5. Bond. Redundant with aura system
    6. Kindred. Pointless with spectral hook system and aura system
    7. Empathy. Redundant with aura system
    8. Windows of Opportunity. Redundant with chase system
    9. Slippery Meat. Pointless with 3 life system.
    10. Unbreakable. Redundant.
    11. No Mither. Redundant.

Bear in mind that anything in this system could be changed if there was a problem discovered during play testing. It's the concept that I'm trying to promote. Any suggestions are welcome.

Pros for Survivors

No Camping

No Tunneling

No Slugging

No Mori's

Consistent Bloodpoint Gain

Fun Challenging Chases

More Coordination From Survivors

Pros for Killer

No Gen Rushing

No Wasted Time Scouting For Survivors

No Looping Around Same Object For Long Periods

High Power In Extended Chases

Thanks for reading.

TLDR: I propose an alternate game mode that resolves most the major issues players have with the game while being focused on the more exciting aspects of the game. This would be a very different experience than standard DBD. Killers can see survivor auras further than 45 meters and the bloodlust system would be revamped to make killers much stronger in extended chases. Survivors can see other survivor auras within 45 meters, have the "windows of opportunity" perk effect active while injured and in a chase, have 3 lives, when hooked survivors go to ghost world where they can continue accumulating bloodpoints, and have a secondary objective while working generators. There are lots more details, read above.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

So killers should just...let survivors run away?

"As soon as I see you, I have to tun--- do my job and kill you" FTFY.

Yes. That's exactly what they do. Their job is to kill you, not find you and play hide and seek after giving you a head start.

Thats like saying survivors should do a gen or two then let the killer sacrifice them. You know, to be fair and not so damned try hard.

It's a stupid thing to ask.

• TAG
    Options

So what you are proposing is they make an entirely different game.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

The entire game is casual. You cant stop people from trying hard and using game mechanics to their advantage.

What you're proposing is to entirely change the game, and split the already fractured playerbase even more.

• Dreamnomad
    Options

Pretty much. Rank would still be ranked. Everyone who likes the current system can still play the current system. But casual players that don't like camping, tunneling, gen rushing, etc would have a game mode that would suite their style.

• TAG
    Options

That seems like way more work for one game mode than would be feasible.

• Dreamnomad
    Options

While I agree that splitting the playerbase is a concern, what I'm proposing would hopefully elevate the game. There are many, many people who are turned off to this game for a variety of reasons. This game would solve most of those complaints. This would in turn increase the total number of people playing the game and therefore not increase queue times.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options

Imagine killers actually wanting to kill survivors. Utterly ridiculous, I'm telling you.

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442
    Options

lol killer to survivor or somewhat is not a thing

you can play both faction

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674
    Options

Lol.... What. Is this a joke.

• Dreamnomad
    Options

Would it be a lot of work? Yes. Would it be worth it? Yes.

• TAG
    Options

I disagree. You are asking them to divert a huge amount of their resources from working on the main game to working on a self-admitted casual mode that now has to be balanced for and maintained alongside the main mode. Any problems the over game has is now worked on at a considerably slower pace because the devs would ALSO be working on Super Dead By Daylight II Turbo. All this, and there is no guarantee that it will even be able to find the middle ground between "no one plays it" and "it split the player base".

• steve_the_SatOnBaby
    Options

a killers job is to stop escapes and kill you, you guys are heavily prioritizing one and allowing all the others to escape, that is tunneling and camping, which also rewards the survivor and killer less bp´s so no dont let them go, dont focus on them, play regularly with the only goal in mind getting points and just doing your job, nothing excessive nothing less.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Try messeging the killer to see if he wants to join your fun. If not then either dodge lobby or deal with it.

I would love to not have 3 gens pop before i get a first hook but im not going to ask the survivors to not do that. Personally as killer i find being looped annoying not fun.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452
    Options

"No killer kills their prey right away." What? Have you ever seen a horror movie? Maybe they don't kill the "final girl" right away because there needs to be a plot, but everyone else is mostly there for the body count once the killing starts.