We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Is the plague weak?

When I play with her, the survivors do not clean themselves and with that they already have half of the game won ... I use tanatophobia, franklins demise and ruin and still leave, is the plague weak? Should they make her strong? help people. <3🤮

Comments

• Blackowt_9120
    Blackowt_9120 Member Posts: 300

The plague is NOT weak. She’s definitely in the top half of killers as far as strength. Not S, but definitely in the A-, B+ range. Drop franklins for something that’ll slow the game down like pgtw, thrilling tremors, or corrupt intervention. What rank are you sitting at?

• Predator3174PL
    Predator3174PL Member Posts: 302

She is strong but underrated

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

She can be really strong, but you need a very good build and tactic with her. Try to make everyone broken at the start of the match, don't chase survivors for too long, try to create deadzones, so you can down survivors extremely easily with her later. Thanatophobia + Dying Light + Pop + Ruin is a very, very good build on her. As add-ons, Black Incense and Apples are amazing against non cleansers, cooldown add-ons are very good to get quick downs and effectiveness and charge time add-ons are also really decent.

She isn't Nurse or Spirit, but she is nowhere near bottom of the tier list. Top 5-7 I would say.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Stronger than most, but still weaker than she needs to be.

Make Blessed Apple basekit and she's perfect

• Pandamonium
    Pandamonium Member Posts: 77
    edited September 2019

Plague is either an M1 killer (Quite weak, basically T3 Myers without his cool addons, extra lunge and faster vaults) or she becomes amazing when survivors cleanse and you can use omega puke. Basically huntress with extra arch and has a large projectile and ranged bubba if they're injured (As she can hit multiple people with it). Plague is player dependent, she can be amazing or weak.

At low ranks, I think she can be quite top tier (I won't consider nurse top tier at low ranks because she generally is not very good at the lower green ranks (12) to rank 20. At higher ranks where players know not to cleanse, she is average or a bit above average tier.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

The problem is the Survivors have control over Plague's power spike. It's mostly out of your hands if you get Corrupt Purge or not.

But the best part about Plague is how many Survivor perks she counters. Any healing perk or item is essentially useless, which is a big deal since Inner Strength and Second Wind are popular currently (also Adrenaline, Self-Care, etc).

Many stealth perks are also countered because of the noise from vomiting, including Iron Will! So a large amount of her power is passive, and you might not realize it when playing her.

Overall, I'd say she's a B+ killer. Solid, but not top-tier.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
  • edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,153
    edited September 2019

Depends on the survivors and the map. A team of strong runners can make things very difficult on a map like Ormond. She can wreck shop with M+A on Lery's though. Your aim is something a lot of people don't factor in as well. Accurate vile purge can make a huge difference in getting a quick down vs getting looped a ton. The emerging meta build with her seems to be Dying Light/Thanat/Pop/Whatever. I 3 or 4k with her about 50% of the time at red ranks and get annihilated the other 50%. Very boom or bust. She's not bad at all. There are definitely worse killers. But she's usually just an M1 killer with solid tracking, a 1 shot, but some of the worst chase potential of any killer.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

No

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 544

The biggest problem I have found with her is a team who knows what they are doing. I went up against a 4 man SWF a while back who didn't cleanse until all gens were done then they ALL cleansed at once which... sucked. (more than usual when it comes the SWF) Mind you I didn't have a ton of good perks on her as I had recently gotten around to leveling her up but yeah...

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

I don't think she's 100% weak. She has a natural counter to iron will, which is good. You can hide when you're infected because she can see your tracks in lockers, vaults well, corrupt intervention is too strong. BUT, she suffers with big maps, she doesn't have map control and survivors won't cleanse to give her Omega Huntress power. So she will be just another killer wasting time with 10000 pallets and exaustion perks. Survivors who are infected should be suffer with something more than being broken

• DankEngine
    DankEngine Member Posts: 17

She is strong i just find her kinda boring to play

• JustAFeeling
    JustAFeeling Member Posts: 324
    edited September 2019

I don't think she's weak, it's quite the opposite for me survivor's cleans across the map so it takes to much time to get my full power but all the heaving makes me kind of nauseous