Killer Tier List

I was curious what some of you guys were thinking for a tier list, Im a rank 1 killer and I was able to come up with this from personal experience.
1.Nurse
2.HillBilly
3.Huntress
4.Myers/Hag
5.Trapper/Doctor
6.Clown
7.LF
8.Pig
9.Wraith
10.Freddy

Comments

• FuelSauce
    FuelSauce Member Posts: 125

Pretty accurate, I'd say Hag is above Nurse and Hillbilly, but then again, your experiences. She isn't the easiest at rank 1.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    FuelSauce said:

Pretty accurate, I'd say Hag is above Nurse and Hillbilly, but then again, your experiences. She isn't the easiest at rank 1.

Why do you say hag belongs at the number 1 spot?
  • steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,198

I'm curious about that too. I've seen some good hags but I have never seen a streamer play her consistently to know how well she does, unlike Nurse, Hillbilly, and Huntress. I see those played and streamed a lot and I know they can really hold it down.

As far as the list, I think Doctor should join Myers/Hag and Trapper should drop under Clown. Clown is good in PTB. Unsafe pallets and area denials make it challenging for survivors. If pallet changes go live and with Bamboozle in effect, it may shake up the list a tiny bit, if not make it easier all-around for killers.

• Gorndt
    Gorndt Member Posts: 4
    I was curious what some of you guys were thinking for a tier list, Im a rank 1 killer and I was able to come up with this from personal experience.
    1.Nurse
    2.HillBilly
    3.Huntress
    4.Myers/Hag
    5.Trapper/Doctor
    6.Clown
    7.LF
    8.Pig
    9.Wraith
    10.Freddy

Agree with all except hag, but I'd love to be proven wrong. Please let us know why you think she belongs there :)
  • Frockz551
    Frockz551 Member Posts: 45
    edited June 2018

In my opinion the tier list is as follows :
    1. Nurse
    2. Hillbilly
    3. Huntress
    4. Doctor
    5. Hag
    6. Myers
    7. Clown
    8. Leatherface
    9. Trapper
    10. Pig
    11. Wraith
    12. Freddy

(this is based around higher ranks and Killers that have abilities to deny loops / help them in chase have been given prefebility)

• Enigma
    Enigma Member Posts: 42

Id say it goes
    Nurse
    Billy
    Huntress
    Hag
    Doc
    Myers
    Clown
    Trapper
    Pig
    Leatherface
    Wraith
    Freddy

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

The one from Croquedead ^.^ Most accurate for me, and he did explain why in details.

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474

If someone would be so kind as to explain what the "tier system" is measuring here. Skill curve (hard, or easy), effectiveness, preference....what's going on?

Thank you in advance to any and all who can shed some light on it for me.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

1. Nurse
    2. Hillbilly
    3. Huntress
    ######### tier: everyone else

• weirdkid5

@FSB75 said:
    If someone would be so kind as to explain what the "tier system" is measuring here. Skill curve (hard, or easy), effectiveness, preference....what's going on?

Effectiveness. Pretty much every tier list shows how good a character is.

Tiers are not the end all be all for games, as people have won tournaments with low tier characters. It's just that high tier characters have lots of advantages whereas lowtier ones have a lot of disadvantages.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

My current tier list (possibly unpopular) for rank 1 competitive play :

1. Nurse
    2. Billy/Hag
    3. Huntress
    4. Doctor
    5. Myers
    6. Clown
    7. Pig
    8. Trapper
    9. LF
    10. Wraith
    11. Freddy
  • FSB75
    edited June 2018

@weirdkid5 said:

@FSB75 said:

Effectiveness. Pretty much every tier list shows how good a character is.

Tiers are not the end all be all for games, as people have won tournaments with low tier characters. It's just that high tier characters have lots of advantages whereas lowtier ones have a lot of disadvantages.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Just to confirm then....it's a "respect" list of sorts? As if to say being an awesome Nurse or Hillbilly is more respectable than say, the Dr. Because anyone can use the Dr. But the Nurse takes more skill?

Not trying to be difficult, just trying to gain a full understanding. When the game first came out, it only had 3 killers. Trapper, Hillbilly and Wraith. I chose Hillbilly not knowing he would later get the "hard" rating on difficulty. Never really tried Nurse because I thought it was more difficult than an already experienced Billy. I might have to go back and try to level her.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    I feel bad for freddy lol he’s that kid that’s always the last pick in gym class
  • weirdkid5

@FSB75 It has nothing to do with respect but everything to do with the Killer's abilities and how good the character itself is good, not the player.

Nurse is high tier because of her mobility and her ability to ignore pallets and windows, which allows her to trump most of the mechanics in the game. Billy is high tier because he has high mobility and constant oneshot.

Wraith, on the other hand, is low tier because while yes his invisibility is nice, it doesn't help him in the chase nor in the loop. His power is also trumped by perks like Sprint Burst, so Wraith is an extremely ineffective Killer. It's harder to win with Wraith than with Nurse despite the fact Wraith takes way less skill. It's just cause he's a garbage character.

• FSB75

@weirdkid5

Thank you so very much for the in depth explanation.

IMO: Dr. is #1.

• weirdkid5

@FSB75 said:
    @weirdkid5

Doctor is midtier honestly. He's good, but at high rank you really see his shortcomings against good survivors. You can definitely be successful at high rank as Doctor, just like you can with Wraith.

The odds are just stacked against you. Doctor is really good with the right addons and perks, but imo that's also what makes him midtier. Without perks or addons he's completely garbage, whereas Hillbilly can still dominate.

I like Doctor though and he's one of my mains. I enjoy playing as him and it makes it reasonably more challenging. Doctor is weird because he can either be weak as hell or OP as ######### depending on his build.

That's also the thing, tier lists try to be as objective as possible. In fighting games you take every character and pit them 10 matches against every other character, and the characters that happen to win more often are higher on tier lists. But perhaps you know a trick no one else does that can put you higher on that tier list.

At the end of the day, tiers are a recommendation. Play who you want and who you are good with regardless of their position on a tier list.

• FSB75

@weirdkid5 said:

@FSB75 said:
    @weirdkid5

Doctor is midtier honestly. He's good, but at high rank you really see his shortcomings against good survivors. You can definitely be successful at high rank as Doctor, just like you can with Wraith.

The odds are just stacked against you. Doctor is really good with the right addons and perks, but imo that's also what makes him midtier. Without perks or addons he's completely garbage, whereas Hillbilly can still dominate.

I like Doctor though and he's one of my mains. I enjoy playing as him and it makes it reasonably more challenging. Doctor is weird because he can either be weak as hell or OP as ######### depending on his build.

That's also the thing, tier lists try to be as objective as possible. In fighting games you take every character and pit them 10 matches against every other character, and the characters that happen to win more often are higher on tier lists. But perhaps you know a trick no one else does that can put you higher on that tier list.

At the end of the day, tiers are a recommendation. Play who you want and who you are good with regardless of their position on a tier list.

Here comes the forum suicide post:

On my Dr. I play gens, not survivors., for that, I'm hated. It's not intentional, it's just MY play style. Trials can last, and usually do, over 30 minutes. Unless the gens are in a football field (which does happen), it's almost a guaranteed 3 kill. Preying on the lack of survivor patience, often times, survivors come to me, just to kill them, just to end it all. Only I know I'm being honest, but it is not my intention to frustrate survivors to that point, for the sake of itself. At the end of the trail, myself and all survivors have well over 20K BP, typically a 3 or 4 Iridescent emblems. I STILL don't understand why survivors get angry (when they do) ending with 20+k BP.

I'm THAT killer. My start is, unfortunately, too dependent on the RNG for gen placement (as my Son pointed out to me).....but, the fact that Shock Therapy negates all obstacles, madness prevents all actions, illusions give away positions, and perks work against progress....with the right gen placement, there is no hope for survivors.

High Stimulus Electrode - increased range of ST. Goes through walls, pallets, and obstacles on the map.
    Iridescent King - Multitude of effects making gen repair distressing.

Distressing - Increases terror radius
    Unnerving Presence - 10% increase skill check
    Overcharge - 5% gen regression for failed first time skill checks (Madness II makes this fun)
    Lightborn - At higher ranks, if I do decide to hook, survivors are really good with flashlights.

Mobility enjoyed by Billy and the Nurse is nice...unless you don't need it because the survivors are rarely out of reach. With my build, survivors are forced to come to me. I've watched 3 (and even 4) piston gens get reduced to nothing because survivors don't understand that with overcharge, 3 survivors working on a gen only increased the odds of an "overcharged" skill check dding to the regression rate.

To me, it's a lot of fun. Typical patterns emerge though. First all survivors attempt to rush one gen, then they attempt to split between either 2 or 3 gens, then they start offering up a survivor for me to hook (which I don't. I just slug, can't spare the time)....I mean, honestly, this post is about the worst thing I could do right now. It's not like I want to call attention to situations where survivors are completely helpless. Bottom line, it changes the entire game. Rather than being a hapless killer, waiting on survivors to make a mistake....it is the killer that has to be perfect. If I chase a survivor too far, if I forget to kick a gen, if I'm not in range to interrupt with Shock Therapy.....any mistake on my part is success for survivors, with NO back up like NED.

This is why I pick the Dr. for #1. With the right gen placement, survivors don't have a chance.

• weirdkid5

@FSB75 a gen stopper Doc build is always disgusting. But you underestimate players like myself. I'm not tooting my own horn without good reason. I'd actually like to face your Doc in a standard match sometime.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@weirdkid5 said:
    @FSB75 a gen stopper Doc build is always disgusting. But you underestimate players like myself. I'm not tooting my own horn without good reason. I'd actually like to face your Doc in a standard match sometime.

Yeah, me too...maybe. Of course he got the obligatory downvote as well lol.

• weirdkid5

@Jack11803 said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Probably some Survivor main that thinks Doc is unbeatable for whatever reason. His build is definitely a good one and one that Survivors despise. I would welcome the challenge.

• FSB75
    edited June 2018

@Jack11803 said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Gave you the vote up just because there's no hard feelings and I take the high road.

Man, love the challenge though. Again.....it's all about gen placement. My Dr. build allows for plenty of survivor escapes.....but, honestly, usually no more than 2 at a time. LOL

F I N G E R G U N S

*edited as I was put in my place

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@FSB75 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Gave you the vote up just because there's no hard feelings and I take the high road.

Man, love the challenge though. Again.....it's all about gen placement. My Dr. build allows for plenty of survivor escapes.....but, honestly, usually no more than 2 at a time. LOL

finger guns

What’s your PROBLEM!? It’s not fingerguns

it’s F I N G E R G U N S

• BehindTheTree
    BehindTheTree Member Posts: 31

@FuelSauce said:

Yeah with all my times at rank 1, I'd think hag is just barely above wraith imo

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    1. Good Nurse
    2. Billy
    3. Good Huntress
    4. Myers
    5. Doc
    6. Hag
    7. Leather Face
    8. Trapper
    9. Pig
    10. Average Huntress
    11. Wraith
    12. Fred
    13. Average Nurse 

To me there is such a wide gap between killers who use Nurse/Huntress and know what they are doing versus those who don’t, that they require separate rankings. Yeah, a good Nurse is the scariest killer there is. But most of them are not good.

I didn’t play enough PTB to get a solid rank for Bozo.
  • The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

@Well_Placed_HexTotem said:
    1. Good Nurse
    2. Billy
    3. Good Huntress
    4. Myers
    5. Doc
    6. Hag
    7. Leather Face
    8. Trapper
    9. Pig
    10. Average Huntress
    11. Wraith
    12. Fred
    13. Average Nurse 

To me there is such a wide gap between killers who use Nurse/Huntress and know what they are doing versus those who don’t, that they require separate rankings. Yeah, a good Nurse is the scariest killer there is. But most of them are not good.

I didn’t play enough PTB to get a solid rank for Bozo.

I don't think the average Nurse is as bad as you think they are. Even a mediocre Nurse who misses half her attacks is still more threatening than at least half the killers in the game.

• SeducedByDaemonette
    SeducedByDaemonette Member Posts: 300
    My personal tier list (it's judged in case there killer is using best perks and most optimal add-ons build) : 
    Hillbilly
    Nurse
    Trapper/Hag/Doctor
    Myers/Leatherface
    Pig
    Freddy
    Wraith

• SeducedByDaemonette
    SeducedByDaemonette Member Posts: 300
    Huntress is overrated garbage , so i don't even include her in my tier list
  • NotSure
    NotSure Member Posts: 41

agree with most of this list, but I would argue that clown should be above Trapper/Doctor.

• 8BITLORD
    8BITLORD Member Posts: 27

Personal without ANY ADD ONS

Nurse
    Hillbilly
    Micheal
    Huntress
    Clown
    Doctor
    Pig
    Leatherface
    Hag
    Trapper
    Wraith
    Freddy

• Flimflam
    Flimflam Member Posts: 103
    edited June 2018

@FuelSauce said:

No she isn't. If you think she's better than nurse prove it, with tournament or video results against high level players.

Post edited by Flimflam on
  • Dionel
    Dionel Member Posts: 7
    Nurse/Hillbilly
    Myers/Huntress
    Hag/Pig/Doctor
    Trapper/Clown
    Wraith/Leatherface
    Freddy
  • Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346
    edited July 2018
    1. Nurse
    2. Hillbilly
    3. Shape
    4. Huntress
    5. Pig
    6. Clown
    7. Cannibal
    8. Trapper
    9. Wraith
    10. Doctor
    11. Hag
    12. Nightmare
  • Daniel101773
    Daniel101773 Member Posts: 277
    edited July 2018
    Soren said:

The one from Croquedead ^.^ Most accurate for me, and he did explain why in details.

Hag above Doc, Michael & Huntress, can I get some of what you’re smoking
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    weirdkid5 said:

1. Nurse
    2. Hillbilly
    3. Huntress

I mean if you honestly believe none of the other killers are any better/worse than each other or not even viable then you don't play them or you're just not good. 
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Is it just me? I think hag is a really bad killer. She's slow and all that she can do is teleport to her traps which are easily countered with urban evasion.
  • swenpai
    swenpai Member Posts: 259

I made 2 lists, Most Powerful and Most Fun.
    (my opinion)

Most Powerful

Nurse
    Billy
    Huntress
    Myers
    Hag
    Clown
    Doctor
    Pig
    Leatherface
    Trapper
    Freddy (I find Freddy stronger than Wraith)
    Wraith

Most Fun

Myers
    Huntress
    Nurse
    Billy
    Clown
    Freddy
    Doctor
    Hag
    Pig
    Trapper
    Wraith
    Leatherface

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

1.Hag
    2.Hag
    3.Hag
    4.Hag
    5.Hag
    6.Hag
    7.Hag
    8.Hag
    9.Hag
    10.Hag
    11.Hag
    12.Hag

• MasochistFreddyMain
    MasochistFreddyMain Member Posts: 42
    ThePloopz said:
    I feel bad for freddy lol he’s that kid that’s always the last pick in gym class
    True in life true in DbD feelsbadman
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    1. Nurse
    2. Hillbilly
    3. Michael Myers
    4. Huntress
    5. Clown
    6. Doctor
    7. Pig
    8. Spirit
    9. Hag
    10. Trapper
    11. Leatherface
    12. Wraith
    13. Freddy

Top three are easily the most powerful with their best add-ons.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Guys there's an community based tier list if you're interested.

https://dennisreep.nl/dbd/killers/

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

someone else who puts trapper high on his list :O
    I AM NOT ALONE!
    (i dont rly understand why he is so low on so many lists... he can be very strong if played right)

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@ThePloopz said:
    FuelSauce said:

Why do you say hag belongs at the number 1 spot?

It depends on a map, but Hag is the most underrated killer in the game. She easily shares the 2nd place with Billy and can sometimes fight for 1st place in the tier list, in my opinion.

Nurse can still be better, of course, but when I see 24235325 deadzones on each map... Nope, won't play her again, despite I used to main her. Hag is much more fun too.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    weirdkid5 said:

1. Nurse
    2. Hillbilly
    3. Huntress

Hag is actually really good, Id argue Clown is too, just below Hag.
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Mc_Harty said:
    Guys there's an community based tier list if you're interested.

https://dennisreep.nl/dbd/killers/

I think this is the most accurate tier list.

Though I prefer the clown over Myers but I accept that Myers is a lot more effective than the clown.

Also the hag and the huntress can swap too. In some maps, huntress is just bad. Hag is more consistent.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited September 2018
    Nurse
    Hillbilly
    Hag
    Huntress
    Clown
    Doctor
    Michael Myers
    Pig
    Trapper
    Wraith
    Leatherface
    Freddy
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@FuelSauce said:

Things might be different on console, but on high PC ranks, this list is very accurate