The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

PS4 Matchmaking (Devs Please Respond)

Khalednazari
Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
edited September 2019 in General Discussions

12 minutes (avg) waiting time to find one match as a survivor. This didn't happen before the recent update. If you are supposed to wait more than play, why would you play at all? I don't know what it is, but everytime there's a new patch regarding matchmaking, wait times spike up. If things with matchmaking are fine, why do you touch it at all? I fail to understand Bhvr logic. Very disappointed.

Post edited by Khalednazari on

Comments

• StupidPallets
    StupidPallets Member Posts: 395

Yup. I had to stop playing. The game literally has forced me to say, "I can't take this anymore." I quit. This has been by far the worst patch that I can personally remember.

• Khalednazari

I feel the frustration. I had to quit after the Plague's release due to horrible wait times. I came back to play over a month ago. Everything was working fine. I was happy with the wait time. Now I bought the Stranger Things chapter & it was still fine. But the last patch just bombed it. Why do you do this BHVR? We want to play the game.

• ArrowTheGreat11
    ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306

It gets to a point where I have to close app cause I am frozen on the “ready up” screen

• Botiz
    Botiz Member Posts: 483

I've been having issues since around the time you posted this too. Couldn't get a game with Spirit at the time, so went off to listen to music. Just hopped back on and it took me 7 minutes for a Survivor lobby, and I gave up searching for a Killer lobby. Not long before you posted this I was getting Killer lobbies within like, 30 seconds.

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723

Booted up the game a half hour ago and still waiting to get into a match on PS4. This is bs.

• BDS22
    BDS22 Member Posts: 146

I've never had to wait long on PS4 playing solo as survivor, the wait times are pretty long. Yesterday it was fine for me, what's happening?

• Facture
    Facture Member Posts: 284

Yeah wait times today seem off. Last night wasn’t too bad. But I’m at 12min avg wait time solo queue and my buddy waited 20 minutes earlier and didn’t find a match

• WINTERS
    WINTERS Member Posts: 127

While this bloodhunt is active, during the day, it takes about 5-8 mins for me. But afternoon, about 3 mins and yes I have timed it lol. And then around 1AM for me, queue times are short asf but I get like 2 or 3 survivors and then wait a while for the 4th.

I do think it's because of the bloodhunt though. Unless it's normally this bad for you.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832
    edited September 2019

Wait times have been terrible. Solo survivor wasnt too bad a couple days ago, around 3-4 mins, but now its been much worse, like 6-8 mins for solo, longer for duoing or having a squad, and even killer queues are dogshit.

I wanna play the game but, queue times really do kill my drive to play :/

• Khalednazari

Any developer reading these comments? Multiple players are facing a similar issue. It needs to be addressed.

• BDS22
    BDS22 Member Posts: 146

I'm also being put in lobbies with people around 18 rank when it does put me in a lobby (after waiting 10 minutes or so) and I'm a purple rank. I hope PS4 lobby wait times are fixed soon...

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

@Peanits Are ther no players in the U.S. on steam? Every lobby is 15 minutes just to get Eastern Europe players with high latency.

Matchmaking issues again?

• CodyJia
    CodyJia Member Posts: 37

Please look into this. Matchmaking ghost is back up again.

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328
    edited September 2019

I've only played about 15 SWF games since the changes because it's become so insufferable.

During that time I very frequently had:

Matchmaking errors

Connection errors at random moments when waiting for a host so you have to hope the lobby still works or better restart it

Network disconnects

Party joining in a killer lobby without 1 person

The full squad having to close and restart the game because the lobby froze after an error (happened way too often)

On top of all that, uninterrupted waiting times for a game was around 10 - 20 minutes. So you got a random error? Nice, now you're back to square one.

Generally, around 60% to 70% of the time was spent in the lobby. It's barely worth it. When I say lobbysimulator, it may sound cheeky but inside I'm crying.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

Same, survivors was fine and fast until this morning now it is 4-5 mins and the three man lobbies are back.

Killer is 7-8 minutes plus 1-2 fir the game to start.

Overall a terrible update, lots of errors when swf and still the devs are refusing to stop the production and address these bugs and unbalances before adding new content.

• Khalednazari

Devs, please note. Thanks!

• Khalednazari

Hate the fact that it's double bloodpoints and I'm not able to take the benefit of that.

• LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505

I already had two different friends delete there copy of DBD. It'd be one thing if the issue was acknowledged and being worked on but as far as I've noticed everyone is pretty radio silent.

The fact that this happens around almost every event is just...unnaceptable at this point honestly. Waiting 20 some minutes just for a game on either side, survivor and killer. Its just sad, really

• stonecold
    stonecold Member Posts: 39

They are working in providing dedicated servers which in my opinion will greatly reduce waiting time.. But don't know when they will be available.

• Khalednazari

I agree. Balance threads are given more importance than matchmaking related threads.

• DBDbuildsYT

Did you try the dedicated servers on the ptb?

They were an abomination, so don't hold your breath for them.

The code of dbd, is dubious at best.

Nothing will change because they are just kicking the can down the road rather stopping everything and fix the game

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

They're out on switch right now and live build tests on pc begin in october according to the servers delay blog post.

They'll be here before ya know it. Technically on live servers next month if you count the tests.

• DBDbuildsYT

IF they work, IF they are an actual improvement.

I played them quite a lot and they are a big downgrade, so I'm not sure what they will be able to do.

Currently they are abysmal in performance, let's see

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

On my sub account at a rank 15 killer i got 3 matches in an 1hr and 40 mins. The second match someone disconnected immediately on the hawkins map so i only got 2 matches.

• StupidPallets
    StupidPallets Member Posts: 395
    edited September 2019

ROFL! Stick it to em', bruh! Ya! *Cheers, fists shaking in air*

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

It's redunkculous how long it takes...there was a brief period in time when, for myself, matches were popping like Gods damn Pringles.

Now it takes a fair bit to load into empty lobbies and slowly trickle into loading up...often Survivors leaving as soon as they notice its only 2/4 for them...usually being 3/4 Survivors. And that's on a fast time...hoping someone doesn't leave before the match starts :/

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

I've been having near instant matches on Xbox recently.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@StupidPallets 2 accounts and can't play on either. Rank 1 and 3 survivor and rank 4 and 15 killer. It is a goddamn joke. All they do is continually make the game worse with every patch.

• Khalednazari

That's bad :/

Really hoping this gets addressed asap.

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828

After the update my matchmaking was perfectly fine until after about two days later.

Instead of getting matched with my rank, (green rank) I was put in the lowest rank of them all. Ranks 16-20.

It really annoys me because I cannot grind for BPs whatsoever, and killer que takes forever.

DBD for me right now is unplayable.

• Khalednazari

Yeah same. Getting uneven ranked players. But that's not what I'm worried rn, it's getting into a match first. The wait times are so bad that I don't leave the lobby even if the ping is horrible. Dear Bhvr, I just wanna play.

• LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505

Just took me literally 30 minutes to find an empty killer lobby. Waited another 5 mins for survivors to load in and wahla. Only 35 minutes for a game bois! Matchmaking is getting better!