Freddy + Hawkins = Crappy FPS

I just finished a game as Freddy at Hawkins and it wasn’t super fun.

The game started getting choppy when I started my first chase. I thought that it was just a one time thing, but it wasn’t. Almost every time I swung at or chased a Survivor, my FPS went down. Sometimes it wasn’t that bad but other times I had no clue what was happening. It was getting really bad. It’s bad enough that PS4 isn’t optimized and can still struggle performance-wise, but now I have to worry about a specific map impacting one of my favorite Killers? I’ve played with Demogorgon on Hawkins at least three times and my FPS rarely acted up. It was nowhere near as bad as Freddy. The FPS struggles also carried over to the menu. Just selecting things for my Killers would lower my FPS.

@Peanits Any chance you guys could look into this and try to fix it for the next patch?

Comments

• thedevalex
    thedevalex Member Posts: 283

Freddy in general is crappy fps

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited September 2019

I haven’t really had any problems with Freddy up until today. Now that I think about it, Doctor was hurting my FPS more than he normally does, so I’m starting to wonder if it’s the patch, and not the Killer or the map, that’s causing problems.

• dopy
    dopy Member Posts: 11

my fps will drop by 30 if i get into dreamworld - playing vs freddy sucks :(

• mutabletiger4
    mutabletiger4 Member Posts: 185

I've had FPS issues on Hawkins which sometimes seem to carry over to other killer matches. I've been playing only the demogorgon so I don't know if other killers are affected

• stonecold
    stonecold Member Posts: 39

Demo had crappy fps too. I thought i was lagging.. I imagine the nurse in this :o

• DenimChicken
    DenimChicken Member Posts: 114

Just get rid of the dreamworld view on Freddy it's annoying I hate having crap floating around on my screen when I play him