The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why toxic behavior is not reportable?

Aztreonam78
Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131
edited June 2022 in General Discussions

Toxic players are disrespectful. The only thing they care is their own fun, they are selfish and don't think about the feelings of other people.

Toxicity is tottaly unsportsmanlike behaviour, I don't know why people like this can ruin other people experience and don't incur any punishment.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Ringy01
    Ringy01 Member Posts: 65

*some* form of toxicity is reportable. It really depends on what you personally feel is toxic behavior.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited October 2019

To actually answer the original question though, you can't report someone just for being toxic because toxicity is such an objective thing. There are some people who consider bringing a pink item or addon to be toxic. There are some people who consider playing with friends to be toxic. If those things were actually reportable, the poor support team would never get anything done. As I recall, you can report people for actual bad manners or unsportsmanlike behaviour, however.

Post edited by Gcarrara on
  • Aztreonam78

I don't like that the word "Unsportsmanlike" now has so minor weight and toxic behavior during a game is not considered as "Unsportsmanlike"...

• Aztreonam78

Yeah, but I think at least tea bagging and !UNNECESSARY! flashlight clicking should be reportable and bannable.

• Ringy01

I'm so sorry that happened. That makes me feel sick actually.

• Ringy01

Ehh, that's a stretch. I personally "tbag" to greet people and I would then be banned for greeting someone.

I 100% agree when it's intentionally meant to be rude, that it's not okay. Please don't let some bad apples spoil it for you. We aren't all like that. 🥰

• Ringy01

I just don't understand how someone could say something like that to someone. Gross.

Glad you were able to get them banned though, they definitely deserved it.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,131
    edited October 2019

... what? Those are actual legitimate gameplay strategies. Annoying, rude, but legit. I don't use them myself unless I'm trying to provoke a killer into coming after me instead of tunneling another survivor off the hook, but... well, like I said, those things are done to provoke the killer. And they often work.

When I play killer, I just ignore those survivors. Like, refuse-to-chase-them ignore. They hate that. And then I'll down them when they do something stupid and leave themselves vulnerable.

• Aztreonam78

Clicking Flashlight for attempting to save getting tunneled survivor is ok, thats why i wrote !UNNECESSARY!

• Poochkips
    Poochkips Member Posts: 265

Scenario for yah. Played a game against a bubba. He brought a mori on Blackwater's swamp. He downed a teammate within 20 seconds of the match put him in the basement, camped him & took down someone who tried to save him (I dont recall if he had insideous). Me and the other guy worked on gens, he finished 2 and the other guys died in the basement when figured bubba was camping (after they died in basement I saw him come out of killer shack where the basement was, so yeah he still sticking down there) he found the other guy, chased him down, downed him, threw him on hook, (I had distortion so his BBQ didnt work) guy on hook DCed, bubba found me while hatch was bugged (other guy was gone and it didnt spawn for the 2 minutes I was running around looking for it, no hatch icon on the screen) Tried to chainsaw me, missed three times and finally hit me at a window with m1. Lost me due to looping around swamp house (must have hurt his head lol) found hatch because it magically spawned after being hit, threw a pallet near the hatch and went on it. As soon as he saw me I jumped in it. Then I got the magical "disconnected from host" as soon as I went in the hatch. So was the bubba toxic for DCing because he didnt get the 4kill? Or am I just imagining things.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,131
    edited October 2019

But it's hard to define what's "unnecessary." Sure, you may be able to recognize it when you see it, but if it's a bannable offense, then it would need a clear definition. I mean, if someone just saw a clip of me clicking at a killer as they're in the middle of a chase with another survivor, out of context that looks unnecessary; in context, it becomes apparent I'm trying to stop someone from being tunneled. But even if no one was being tunneled and a survivor just wanted the killer to chase them, is that necessary or unnecessary?

• Ringy01

D/C's are a hard one because the system can't tell if it's an intentional D/C or if their internet went out. Once dedicated servers are out I believe they are going to be watching that stuff.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

It's also impossible to police "bad bahaviour." Anyone who plays well would be constantly reported for it regardless of what they did.

It also differs between players what they consider mean, some people have a fit over being camped when the gates are open.

You can't just ban everything that someone MIGHT not like, it's a game not a dictatorship where you can only play one specific way in case someones feelings get hurt by the couch button.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    edited October 2019

well face camping and the use of noed should resort in a insta ban XD,”joke”

there is no need to implement such drastic changes to small things, someone crouching up and down is not the end of the world and it’s funny how people even take offence to a character crouching and in crouching , imagine I got banned because I crouched twice in a game ?

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Devs already said they won't ban people for teabagging and I agree with them. In every online game people teabag and taunt people( some games even have taunt buttons) , but no one in those games gets triggered like people do in dbd.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

This community needs to play call of duty from 2010 they will know what toxicity is 😂 voice coms lobby’s :/ would of have these players selling there pcs/consoles

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited October 2019

Players of any competitive game are always going to find creative ways to "taunt." That's all this is. If it wasn't either of things you're describing, it would be something else.

Using a game mechanic is not bannable, and I would say this stretches the bounds of what a reasonable person would define as "toxic." I'm not exactly trying to defend bad-mannered players who do this habitually, but you really have to develop the good sense to not let this impact you emotionally. Some players are just gonna be this way. This is true in all games of all genres. Who cares if some guy teabags you at the exit? He's not impacting your life, and his actions say way more about him than they do about you.

If someone is being racist or sending you death threats in chat, yes, that's absolutely toxic and you should report it. But try to have some perspective, regardless of how annoying some of those flashlight-clicking spammers can be. In cases like this, I remind myself what my wife says: "They do stuff like this because this video game is probably the only thing they have in life."

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

@Aztreonam78

Well flashlight clicking and teabagging isnt something that effects your or his gameplay. It is mean yea but its not something you should or can get reported and banned for lol. You can even tunnel and camp the survivor for that so ye.

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607

Devs will never do anything about that

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Every game has certain elements which can be exploited and presented in a toxic manner.

Look at the WWE games for example...pick certain moves and play a certain way...toxicity overload.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Toxic is subjective.

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726

i dont get why ppl in this community are looking for toxic things, oh no surv pressed key thats toxic, in many BR many players is Tbagging your body on deathcam, in LoL you have emotes and you literally after killing enemy can send dab emote or Kek, or EZ but noone think its toxic, but killers think using ctrl is toxic, clicking fl is toxic xd killer noding on surv body isnt toxic

the only toxic thing in this game is postgame chat xd

imagine playing game only to look for toxic behaviour xd you dont have better things to do?

• ForgiveMyEngrish
    ForgiveMyEngrish Member Posts: 23
    edited October 2019

I think you should go to the produce store and buy some seeds. Take those seeds, put them in the ground and grow some balls. Wash them off and slap them on you'll feel better.

The only toxicity worth reporting is death chat. If you don't play in a way that is basically farming as much BP as you can someone will cry about it and get mad.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Because it's an online game, and your feelings are your job to manage. Someone being "toxic" is only because you let it affect you. Teabagging, flashlight clicks, camping, etc. The only reportable "toxic" play is literally sandbagging or working with the enemy. And that's not toxic as much as outright cheating.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,140

Guess pig and ghost face will be banned from played due to them being able to teabagged.

• Faceless
    Faceless Member Posts: 121

Well the world is toxic

deal with it

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

No, i'd rather have a good community than a terrible one

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
  • Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621

@Aztreonam78

What kind toxic behaviour do you mean?

The true form of toxic behaviour which is posting various of insults in end game chat or if you're on console sending toxic private messages. Now that's toxicity should (and is) be bannable.

Or do you mean the aggressive survivor playstyle that is often considered "toxic". Running the killer for five gens is not toxic, that's called trying to survive. T-bagging and clicking a flashlight at the killer is a valid strategy like tunneling and camping is for the killer. Whilst I rarely t-bag and spam my flashlight at the killer. When I do it's to get the killer to chase me as a smart killer will abandon a chase with a good survivor go for a survivor whose weaker in a chase. So T-bagging and spamming your flashlight can trigger the killer to waste more time chasing you, so the other three survivors can do generators.

How I see it is that you can be as toxic as you like in game, as long you're a decent human being at the end of the game, by giving a simple "good game".

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

I got called the R word and a lot of other stuff when I decided to play my level 40 billy because I was bored once about a month ago

If only the moderating in game was as strict as the forum

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited October 2019

You can't really ban for someone using a function available or many killers would have been banned for camping, tunnelling or hitting someone repeatedly on the hook.

It may be unnecessary in your eyes but so are many things and where then would the ban line be? Should anything and everything that annoys someone or deemed unnecessary then be considered bannable?

Bannable toxicity is reserved for the worst offenses like working with the other side to explicitly ruin someones experience or in the end game chat and messages beyond that.

Anything in game you use to bait the other is fair play and part of any normal online games experience. If it annoys someone it technically has done it's job as being angry means you may play less efficient and of course they do it for attention and to get you to chase them.

Making a post about it tends to say it has been working. The best advice i can give is to let it go, ignore it and laugh it off you will be better off 😉.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307

Because it's a subjective hellscape when it comes to making it reportable, especially having something like a generalized "Toxicity is not allowed" rule in the rule list.

Some obvious forms are reportable, like racist and otherwise edgelord tier postgame rage. But anything beyond that... would suck for whoever reviewing reports. Some people barely find anything besides the already bannable stuff toxic, some people find slugging and bringing a good item or perk into a match inherently toxic no matter the context. You need obvious limits, and limits like "don't encourage suicide or do death threats" and "don't be straight up racist" are things the vast majority of people can agree on - the game is better off without that.

• Cal
    Cal Member Posts: 2

This is quite possibly the stupidest opinion i have ever come across on this forum.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

it's not really that much simple as it may sounds.

think about it.

there's some " strategies " that killers and survivors do all the time. and most of the community consider them " toxic ".

for example. tunneling the unhooked person as a killer(let's say for a quick mori and turn the game into a 3v1 since they've genrushed you.). baiting the killer for long chases as a survivor (by teabagging. spamming emotes. spamming with the flashlight. etc).

these aren't counted as " toxic behavior ". and reporting them would be pointless.

the " toxic behavior " that is currently bannable is being unsportsmanlike during end-game chat. if someone starts saying something bad or racist to you. you have all the rights to report him for it.

as for an example. here's a racist killer that i was facing around a few weeks ago. however he got punished for it.

in these cases. you can easily report them for toxic behavior and (hopefully) get them banned.

hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.