Biased time, if there was a single thing you'd add or change about Spirit what would it be?

124»

Comments

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

Give her an vault animation. She is already a pretty strong killer with a lot of mindgame potential and having no animation when vaulting gives her even more of an advantage compared to other killers.

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

Put her back to the way she was on release.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Global warning would be really weak imo; I think the healthiest change would simply to make ti increase the range at which the phasing is heard. That is, if you're only a few meters out of TR, then you still won't hear her phasing, but if you're really far then you'll hear it.

That way its uses are still there, but there is potential for actual mindgames and counterplay.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Keep Prayer Beads but give them an effective downside.

• bomb1720
    bomb1720 Member Posts: 428

just get rid of her completely. she annoys me so bad! she's too fast!

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458

I wouldn't change a thing. I've played her as killer and against her as survivor and always have fun. Even her lore is interesting to me.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

I think delaying how quickly scratch marks appear in phasing, just so you don't know the exact time and place someone stopped sprinting. Give her more counterplay and wouldn't give her an easy hit for basic tracking.

• pAncrop900
    pAncrop900 Member Posts: 44

Remove or rework prayer beads bracelet, brokest add on in the game for an already very strong killer

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    • Delete Prayer Beads
    • Make Grass move
    • Increase 'Phase-Walk' audio on the killer side

One of these will do.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Removing her collision would only hurt new Spirits and help experienced ones.

New Spirits would suffer from this due to the reduced ability to find Survivors in phase.

However good Spirits don't need collision. Without it, windows would be irrelevant because I could just phase through you and block the window. There's even less counterplay there than now.

• ArrowTheGreat11
    ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306

Tone it down. She can reach from New York to California with her swing

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I agree collision seems BS. Not like they can't change it. Old Freddy worked like that.

The issue I have with changing it is mainly do to how often BHVR screws up the game sounds.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    edited September 2019

Her base lunge is the same as all other Killers. However, her post-phase lunge is, without add-ons, faster than a regular lunge, because her phase moves 26% faster than the normal killer lunge speed of 150%, and her post-phase is the same speed as her regular, add-on less phase. It's the same duration, however.

Edit: Clarity.

• Chaddad2169
    Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

Oh ok. You quoted the wrong quote I assume, as I didn't specify in my OP that I was good or that she was OP, just that I feel her collsion should be removed as that is the most unfair part of her right now. Even more than anal beads imo

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

REMOVE PRAYER BEADS!!!

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

BRING BACK

EFFECTS

SHE HAD IN PTB.

Hitting an object while carrying a survivor made the sword shatter, and it looked DOPE. Add that to anytime she hits an object!

Also, I swear her sword had more visual effects during the hit cooldown animation.

I love visuals in games way too much, and the removal of these shattered my bloodline :'(

Also nerf her prayer beads

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Also, I can agree with the remove her collision. To be honest, its so freaking rare for me to use that in a chase, I really forgot it was a thing. I do not struggle in my games without intentionally trying to use it so a removal wouldn't be horrible.

• Pennosuke
    Pennosuke Member Posts: 100
    edited September 2019
    • Increased Phase walk's cooldown to 20 seconds.
    • Lower her movement speed while using Phase walk to 160%.
    • Swap the rarity between Prayer Beads Bracelet and Mother-Daugther Ring OR change Prayer Beads Bracelet effect into "phasing sound emission affects the entire map while using Yamaoka's Haunting.

...as a Spirit main who also hate to play against her.

• Pigster
    Pigster Member Posts: 137
    edited September 2019

She dont need a nerf, just maybe a downside with prayer beads.

For this one who complain about her, try iron will. Isnt that difficult to play against her and from my view its even kinda funny.

Personally i like prayer beads, cause its one of the few things in dbd that comes unexpected and can surprise survivor.

I think she dont need to be adjusted, everythings fine with her. Maybe herself without addons a bit faster.

• JetTheWaffleCat
    JetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284

Remove collision and seeing grass and corn move.

Like I said before, you could run through the Spirit and disorientate her hearing.

Seeing grass and corn move allows survivors to plan ahead more with less of a guessing game on where she's coming from.

• Corrupted
    Corrupted Member Posts: 157
    edited October 2019

You can 4k at rank 7 with any killer you're just picking up except for like Nurse tbh. Red ranks is where it matters in my opinion. Every other rank usually has very mental survivors.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

Change prayer beads. It's funny when you're using them but really ######### when they're being used on you

• Corrupted

In my own experience, Spirit isn't even the most played Killer in red ranks. I find there to be a lot more Billys on PS4, I find a lot more Spirits in purple rank. Most Spirits by enlarge are bad, I think players pick her up and expect "ez 4k every game." Because of what they hear from hyperbolic survivor mains but find out that she does have a bit of a skillcap.

She's not as hard as Huntress or Nurse for sure, but you will need a bit of experience as a killer and good headphones to be effective with her. Even if Spirit is super easy, what's the issue? Survivors run broken, braindead loops, insta heals, brand new parts, meta perks, and god forbid the old MoM. The point being players just use whatever is meta or most effective. It's very hypocritical tbh. Survivors ran MoM and didn't care, now Spirit is taking off and their crying. Smh.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I would make her school girl skirt a little shorte- OH I mean yeah get rid of the collision...that sounds like a better idea.

*Phew, nice save*

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,940
    edited October 2019

Prayer Beads: Add an increased cooldown to Yamaoka's Haunt

Swap Prayer Beads with Father's Glasses. That's pretty it.

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

One thing? Give her 115% :D

• LucidDaydreamer
    LucidDaydreamer Member Posts: 27

I’d like it if there was a cool down when she leaves the phase walk mode.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

I'd bump her base move speed up to 115.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited October 2019

@Corrupted I’m a Spirit main myself...I know how unfun she is to play against.

Players aren’t crying and complaining because she’s a top tier killer, she’s just a boring and uninteractive killer to face. It has nothing to do with the fact that you can’t loop her. Most of the chase she is just standing still giving zero feedback and you have zero idea on what she is doing and what you did wrong during a chase but the Spirit knows your every move.

But if you say ONE negative thing about Spirit, all the Spirit mains will just down your throat and tell you to “GiT gUd” because they don’t know how to properly have a conversation on what is wrong with the Spirit gameplay wise. I’m a Spirit main and I can at least point out her flaws.

We WANT top tier killers but Spirit is so damn boring and gives you NO feedback on what she is doing. There is a reason there is more “Nerf Spirit” threads nowadays than there is Nurse. Nurse at least gives you feedback and you know how she got to you and you know her every move. She is a fun and interactive to face despite being very strong and unloopable.

Spirit is basically and unresponsive Nurse with a power cooldown.

This isn’t me saying “I want Spirit nerfed”, I’m just stating why some players aren’t exactly ecstatic to be facing multiple Spirit players a night.

• Corrupted
    edited October 2019

I don't think you understood what I was saying. I play Spirit the 2nd most out of all killers, yes I'm aware of what they are mad about and I'm not saying it isn't valid per say, you don't have to explain Spirit's nonsense to me, I get it. I just find the hypocrisy baffling was more so the point. Survivors run the most broken add ons, perks (old MoM) survivors abuse plenty of super braindead loops. I'm fully aware Spirit needs more counterplay and how unfair it can be at times, the point I was making is that survivors also use and exploit things that are broken without remorse but when the tables are flipped, there's a big issue.

Survivor runs you in an infinite, uses instaheal, gg you suck. You use Spirit, then you have 10IQ and are bad at the game and get hate mail. Spirit isn't the most skillful killer to use, but neither is a 4 man instaheal or prenerf MoM (which was used nearly every game) or abusing near infinites or having braindead loops on Haddonfield or certain spawns of Autohaven. I just find it funny.

But personally I actually find Spirit fun to verse just because the kit is very different from other killers. But that's subjective.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Anything the survivors run...the killer can run something stronger. If you suspect a squad who might be good and have the meta perks with insta-heals, all you have to do is put on double purple add-on Spirit, Omega Blink Nurse, or Iridescent Head Huntress all with an Ebony Mori and you won’t lose. I never ever complain about what survivors run because I know I can make my game easy and run equal BS on the killer side and the game would be fair. I don’t get the purpose of saying survivors run broken BS when the killer can run BS that is even more broken is their favor.

I won’t deny that insta-heals are stupidly strong, but so are ebony moris. It’s a trade-off.

Nurse and Spirit at BASE can still destroy most survivors. Especially Nurse.

You don’t know exactly what players are running but you have a slight indication of what they are running. 4 toolboxes? 4 med-kits? 4 flashlights? Did they all join together? You can always switch to a stronger killer and an ebony without them knowing who to prepare for while YOU know what to prepare for.

Players tend to forget that if the killer WANTS to win, it’s pretty damn easy to equip the add-ons, perks, or offerings to do so.

• Glory
    Glory Member Posts: 241

Yakuyoke amulet does too much, should have a 2-3% MS drop. It's like a Japanese carburetor tuning guide, except it modifies a way scarier power.

Seriously, the only killers with an addon that diverse and powerful don't have ultra-rare ones as a trade-off, spirit's options are too powerful and varied.

I like being able to see blood in phasing, but it should trade out scratch marks for it. Any cooldown addons should increase activation time, and vice versa. The spirit is a great, spoopy killer, but her addons are half overpowered nonsense and half gimmicky bs that completely throws off how you're trying to counterplay her.

• jordirex
    jordirex Member Posts: 204

She being 100% invisible.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

This. You explained perfectly why people hate going against her.

Not all survivors are like that though. Many survivors agreed that pre nerf MoM was bs and needed to be nerfed

• Regionlock
    Regionlock Member Posts: 316

Basically this, but people don't seem to understand playing Nurse or spirit isn't hard.

*Playing Nurse or spirit = 2/3 man SWF meta perks

*Playing Nurse or spirit with their best addons= 4man SWF meta perk sweat comm team

Very simple to understand for the killer biased mains.

Running into any of these in solo queue is more than likely an instant loss unless you are blessed by RNG gods to have above average competent teammates.

• Corrupted
    edited October 2019

Oh yeah of course, I've already stated that there are killer add ons that are problematic in previous threads. Instasaw Billy, Prayer beads Spirit, Three blink Nurse, Iri head Huntress, you get the idea. Solo queue survivors need help massively, solo queue is a pain. And yes, Ebony Mori's should go or be adjusted but once again that's not the point I'm making.

I'm literally JUST pointing out the hypocrisy, survivors at this point don't want you even playing Spirit or you're bad (excluding add ons btw) but use your instaheals, strong toolboxes and abuse loops against weak killers and won't care. Look, there's a nerf Spirit thread literally everyday lol. At the end of the day, both sides have broken things but it's like literally every other thread is about nerf Spirit.

Yes, we all get it. She's incredibly strong and unfair at times, but let's not pretend like survivors don't use broken things either, or Tbag at exit gates when they know they used BS the whole match against a weak killer. I'm just offering a perspective on why people might be seeing Spirit as frequently as they are. And you don't really win with Ebony mori's, you kill everyone sure but you don't pip. Essentially you just ensure you don't lose with it.

Everyone knew old MoM was broken but did that stop 95% of the player base or SWFs from using it? Absolutely not, which pretty much is the point I'm making. Maybe exploitable survivor tactics are the reason many people are picking up Spirit to begin with, just something to think about before someone gives us the 100th thread on why Spirit is unfair and needs nerfing.