This totem spawn literally saying <BAD WORD> you to killer

DingDongs
DingDongs Member Posts: 684
edited October 2019 in General Discussions

And i have no choice but camp/defend this stupid totem with a big bright flashy attention light on where 3~4 survivors spawning there already

LITERALLY this match make me want to play almost 0 perks early just only because I'm spawn WAY TOO FAR AWAY from hex totems and already 4 gather survivors spawn on 2 of my hex spawn

FIX. THIS. ALREADY.

Hex totems should spawn NEAR of killer spawn instead of random

Comments

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

It's worse when they are RIGHT OPPOSITE a gen.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

This is a reason why I never ever use Hex perks. They will almost always become a wasted perk slot as well as have the worst spawn points. It's getting better, but I think hex perks/totems just need a rework overall.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

You don't have to camp a totem, that results in generators being completed

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

Totem spawning isn't easy to solve. What you suggested can possibly buff survivors, knowing that Hex perks spawn near killers is HUGE info and there are many times where I spawn near the killer.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

Totem placement something which needs a lotnof possible placements. As it's beed stated making less spots mean it is easier to memorize locations.

The only places I don't like to see them spawning are near a gen or appearing right next to someone loading in.

If they always spawned next to the killer survivors are being told where they are. It's bad enough when some killers instantly check them before gens as that also gives them a heads up where it is.

As others have said they are high risk for the reward and one of the reasons I don't like using them. I'd rather have 4 perks than 2 or 3 after 30s.

If your totem is out in the open use the time to get someone down and expect it to be broken as if you camp it you are giving them easy time on gens anyway.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651
    edited October 2019

The point isn't that survivors will eventually learn where totems spawn. The point is that survivors should have to look out for totems, diverting their attention from the generators.

Totems right next to generators are unacceptables.

Totems out in the open that you can see from halfway across the map (like the exemple above) are unacceptables.

• Captain
    Captain Member Posts: 39

Behaviour doesn't care. The new stranger things map has a bad totem spawn. Remember the devs have to select areas where to put them. The purposely allow totems to spawn in garbage spots. This will never be fixed. They heard us cry for years and still haven't fixed it.

• Thasard
    Thasard Member Posts: 268

Has a survivor hooked and still has eyes on hex totem....players just want to whine these days...

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Why would you carry 3 hex perks? That's absurd. If you bring Ruin you pretty much guarantee one or more survivor will immediately begin looking for totems and now that they are 1000 pts and affect Inner Strength, they will gladly cleanse dull totems so you're unlikely to ever get NOED to activate.

To make matters even worse you're running Corrupt Intervention, meaning survivors see that as 2 free minutes to totem hunt.

This is what I'm talking about when I say killers blame the devs and "balance" instead of looking at their own faults.

• Blackowt_9120
    Blackowt_9120 Member Posts: 300

Worst totem spawn I’ve ever had was on the outside of the killer shack on suffocation pit. Middle of the outside wall, no obstruction, you could see it across the map. And a meg spawned in the shack. It lasted about 22 seconds. I saw her run out of the shack, break it, and sprint burst away with me making a beeline toward it.

• Regionlock
    Regionlock Member Posts: 316

One of the many reasons why this game is far from balanced. It's either hidden very well or not. RNG everywhere

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

That's the risk of running hex perks

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

What can I say? Guess you're cursed.

• fangbriar
    fangbriar Member Posts: 12

Honestly that spot is easier to overlook for me bc it's bright on bright instead of bright on dark. But I still check it just bc I know it's a spawn point. I also really enjoy small game lol.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Look how perfectly the light shows the totem lmao

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

I know this is gonna get me a lot of rage, but i see a lot of these threads about totem placement and how bad the hex perks can be because of totems. Just a weird thought, what if survivors had some of their perks like that, a lighted skull for the killer to thwack and suddenly no more survivor perk. Between them survivors have 16 perks anyway.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

that's not too bad. the ones that spawn hex totems literally in front of gens. now those are rude af.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,147

I swear the hills are the bad one and the second one would be a cornfield.

• AbsolutelyAmel
    AbsolutelyAmel Member Posts: 146

I understand guarding your totem. But please, as a survivor main there is nothing worse than a killer that camps his totem like his life depends on it. If you camp your totem i will get all the gens done and i will teabag you until you uninstall the gosh darn game.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

With small game, totems can be found pretty quickly anyway and now with the Nancy perk well.....

• meepee
    meepee Member Posts: 44

One time I had noed an it spawned right next to the exit gate

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496

Hex Ruin might be slowly phasing out as a meta perk tho.. The new dying light isn't tdd that bad and pop goes the weasel is really good. I would like to see an increase of 1%per stack on dying light and it would probs be new meta.

• Eternal0088
    Eternal0088 Member Posts: 53

Honestly this is an example of a really crap build. Chances are that literally 1 minute into the game you're perkless.

As a general rule of thumb if I run Ruin I don't run other hexes. If I run DH the only other acceptable hex is haunted grounds. And I NEVER run any hex totem with corrupt intervention.

Follow these few simple rules are you'll find yourself raging significantly less over totems. You MAY even get more than 1 min of play out of them.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

there is one worse than that, dont have pictures though

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Killer: *Slaps totem.*

Killer: This totem can fit so much uselessness in it.

• Snow_Lep
    Snow_Lep Member Posts: 305

No no, I have had totems in azarov's spawn in the complete open of a field with literally NO GRASS, NO ROCKS, NOTHING nearby them, just a bright totem wanting to be broken by someone.

• Chicago_Prime
    Chicago_Prime Member Posts: 14

Oh well, it’s what you get for using them in the first place.

• Timmylaw
    Timmylaw Member Posts: 227

Corrupt intervention >ruin

• Fng36
    Fng36 Member Posts: 26

That specific one I've seen alot of survivors pass up thinking the lights from machine causing the glow not it being a hex kind of funny . I had one in the middle of the open in grass nothing by ot for 50 ft was impressed how bad a paw. That was . Presumably random generating iterations of map and totem spawns with a pinch of bad rng they have improved 500% since back when u could legit face camp to. Now gj dev's keep improving

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 360

Hex totems need to be replaced with just perks tbh. I prefer thanat/dying light/pop. Make more good gen perks please for the health of this game.