Am I the only one who likes the Pig?

Orion
Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I love her ambush attack, and even if the traps don't blow up Survivors, they're decent time wasters. I'm a big fan of stealth, so she really resonates with me.

Comments

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    edited July 2018
    The thread got derailed even before it started. I love the kind of people we have here.

I love the pig. Even as a survivor. It's fun and challenging to play and also play against. The Pig player can devise it's own strategy, which is unique with every player, so it's playstyle becomes unpredictable. There are a lot of different ways you can play the Pig. 
  • Orion

@Khalednazari said:
    The thread got derailed even before it started. I love the kind of people we have here. 

Ignore the derailing and get back on track, please...

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

I like her. I've always loved stealthy gameplay so I lean more toward the sneaky killers.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    And also then there are cute moments like these when she passes right by you and sometimes you don’t even notice eachother. 

https://youtu.be/LYjFNaF5GR0
  • CrtKazz
    CrtKazz Member Posts: 214
    I love playing the Pig because bear traps are basically mini ruins with added benefits with certain add ons (love blinding traps). Also she’s really fun to play against because unless she’s in a chase you’re constantly on edge (unless spine chill/premonition) and the jigsaw boxes add another really fun layer. Thirdly Saw is amazing 😉 
  • Kevvie
    Kevvie Member Posts: 175
    I use the pig more than other killers, I like the ambush with BBQ and the traps give a different objective for survivors so it slows things down a bit more, I’ll usually wait till it’s down to 3 gens before I use the headtraps though.
  • Orion

@Kevvie said:
    I use the pig more than other killers, I like the ambush with BBQ and the traps give a different objective for survivors so it slows things down a bit more, I’ll usually wait till it’s down to 3 gens before I use the headtraps though.

My strategy is just ambush, down, trap, hook, move on. With Make Your Choice, I often get to down the rescuer and put a trap on them as well. In the mean time, a generator has been fixed, so they're ticking away.

• rafiksom
    rafiksom Member Posts: 50

@Orion
    I am using pig with massive wasting time build and its doing very well.
    Dont use ambush, just stand up when you hear someone doing gen and catch this filthy survivor.
    Perks: thanathophobia, ruin, barbeque + bloody butcher. Put reverse traps as fast as you can. They spend a lot of time doing everything but not gens. Its good because when the game is very long you can have 32k points (2x with barbeque).

• Why_Are_You_Salty
    Why_Are_You_Salty Member Posts: 138

I love the Pig everytime I see someone play her or I play her I grow closer to her it may be just because of Saw I really love the story in it I love how they added Amanda and not Hoffman, Logan, Gordon, Or John himself. She just relies too much on RNG though.

• Orion

@rafiksom said:
    @Orion
    I am using pig with massive wasting time build and its doing very well.
    Dont use ambush, just stand up when you hear someone doing gen and catch this filthy survivor.
    Perks: thanathophobia, ruin, barbeque + bloody butcher. Put reverse traps as fast as you can. They spend a lot of time doing everything but not gens. Its good because when the game is very long you can have 32k points (2x with barbeque).

Keep in mind my Pig is very low level. I don't have those perks. :p

• Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306
    No I hate the pig.  Oh wait you mean to play her... yeah she is ok.  Honestly outside of the nurse I love trying all the chars.  I definitely have my favorites, but with the new patch those may change.  (would rank her around 3 to 4 on my favorite to play list)  If it could be more like MM the oh crap factor would be better, but to many times the surprise has been ruined because I started staring at a jigsaw box
  • jaerthebear
    jaerthebear Member Posts: 212
    I like da pig

Oinkr
  • OakLestat
    OakLestat Member Posts: 125

I love the pig. Great change up.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    She's one of my 3 mains, she's wonderful :)
  • Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

I Miss my forum buddy from the Steam forums.

PeppaPigsaw.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

I love the Pig! Although I do think she needs a buff, she's fun to play as and against!

• Salty_Pearl

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

Who else do you main? I main Nurse, Hag, and Pig.

• DocFabron
    Vortexas said:

I Miss my forum buddy from the Steam forums.

PeppaPigsaw.

Me too :'(
  • DocFabron

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

Who else do you main? I main Nurse, Hag, and Pig.

I main Pig, Fatboi, and the Shocktor
  • Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    The Pig is probably my third favourite killer, after Hag and Doctor.
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

I like her, but the Ambush is weak, so she's really not stealthy at all after the beginning of the game. Many games you can't afford to waste precious seconds on sneaking around, or gambling on the really weak and telegraphed Ambush attack.

• Orion

@Eninya said:
    I like her, but the Ambush is weak, so she's really not stealthy at all after the beginning of the game. Many games you can't afford to waste precious seconds on sneaking around, or gambling on the really weak and telegraphed Ambush attack.

I dunno, I can usually get off a few ambushes, even at the end of the game.

• Salty_Pearl
    edited July 2018

@Orion said:

@Eninya said:

Her RBTs are weaker than her ambush in my opinion.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

She's a decent mid-tier.
    Ambush's mindgame is where she's interesting, but they happen rather oftenly sadly.

• Orion
    edited July 2018

@Salty_Pearl said:

@Orion said:

@Eninya said:

Oh, definitely. The only buff they need, IMO, is having them start immediately, with a shorter timer (say, 30 seconds less). The add-on that removes the boxes' highlights can be nerfed to increase the timer, to compensate, and the add-on that currently does that (starts the timer immediately) can be changed to have each completed generator shorten the timer by a set amount (somewhere between 15 and 30 seconds would be ideal, IMO; the exact number would require experimenting and tweaking).

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Orion said:

I love her ambush attack, and even if the traps don't blow up Survivors, they're decent time wasters. I'm a big fan of stealth, so she really resonates with me.

Huge Pig fan here, she's one of my mains besides Huntress:
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/10131/rework-for-amanda-pig#latest

I made a rework list for her since she's not in a great spot and made some ideas on how to make her a upper mid-tier killer!
  • Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998

I love the Pig, she's amazingly fun.

My favourite map with her is Lery's with Nurse's Calling. Even If I can't grab them off a generator by turning off ambush, I usually get a hit and then can stalk them later. Good fun!

• Mr_Grumpy
    Mr_Grumpy Member Posts: 76
    edited July 2018

i like the pig, she makes cute noises when hit by a pallet :'3

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531

Yes, you are.

No not really. I like the pig. She's on my killer B team. Trapper is my A team, just him. B team is Myers and Pig. They aren't the most powerful by any means, but they're fun to play and can give people some real scares. The thing I really like about the pig (aside from ambushes) is the micro-management of traps. You always have to keep an eye on generator progress and decided when's the best time to use your traps. Using them early on gives you a weak endgame, but will put more pressure on the survivor because their traps are more likely to get activated. If you know a generator's about to go off, that's a great time to use a trap.

I love it. My only gripe is that it's super easy to avoid an ambush just by the sound alone, and if they've got sprint burst, you got no chance.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    I like going against the pig. I have more fun in those matches Bc it gives me something to do if I get trapped other than the run of the mill mission.
  • Croquedead
    Croquedead Member Posts: 91
    Pig is my second favorite killer (Hag is #1). She’s just really fun to play imo. 
  • Badmanone
    Badmanone Member Posts: 64
    Orion said:

@Salty_Pearl said:

@Orion said:

@Eninya said:

Oh, definitely. The only buff they need, IMO, is having them start immediately, with a shorter timer (say, 30 seconds less). The add-on that removes the boxes' highlights can be nerfed to increase the timer, to compensate, and the add-on that currently does that (starts the timer immediately) can be changed to have each completed generator shorten the timer by a set amount (somewhere between 15 and 30 seconds would be ideal, IMO; the exact number would require experimenting and tweaking).

15-30 sec per gen is ideally in a toxic environment. I imagine the situation when a SWF is doing a gen and the other is standing in front of the box to tbag you. Man that’s fun.
  • Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    RemoveSWF said:

I love her but she's best used with Knock Out. If you hook them then they're likely to be unhooked before a generator pings and their trap becomes active, which gives them plenty of time to get it off.

If you actually use Knock Out, SWF nulifies it immediately which kills the game for you.

Another reason why SWF must be removed.

Just add blind efect addon to trap.

• Orion

@Larcz said:

@RemoveSWF said:

I love her but she's best used with Knock Out. If you hook them then they're likely to be unhooked before a generator pings and their trap becomes active, which gives them plenty of time to get it off.

If you actually use Knock Out, SWF nulifies it immediately which kills the game for you.

...Which SWF also nullifies because they essentially have wallhacks.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    edited July 2018
    Orion said:

@Larcz said:

@RemoveSWF said:

...Which SWF also nullifies because they essentially have wallhacks.

Well in some case yes like mate im in the shack or whatewer.Swf just say wher you lie down and one perk is use less and addon that same :( Btw i rly like pig one of main mains.
  • Uncomfortable
    Uncomfortable Member Posts: 15

I love Pig. She underrated honestly. She has one of the best end games, but only her expensive addons are really worth using and none of them honestly make her that much better. However, I love the crate of gears + tampered timer. I swear I get a RBT kill every time I use it. Can't use it often because it's pretty pricey. Pig definitely doesn't get enough love though.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

I enjoy her but her traps are a little too RNG reliant for my liking. They can waste a bunch of time or barely any at all.

Her Ambush attack is really fun though and should be much more useful now that Sprint Burst appears to be sliding out of the Meta.

• Mesme
    Mesme Member Posts: 177

I hate saying this not in the sense that I am ashamed I just hate the word "main" especially for any game that is outside of a fighter but in a sense you can call me a Pig main and I do enjoy the killer and I have played her quite a lot.