Are you seriously saying match making is okay?

Options
Raidoku
Raidoku Member Posts: 69
edited October 2019 in General Discussions

So I am a rank 1 survivor main who usually stays around rank 1-2 all the time and I played this game with some friends who wanted to try it out since they had the game pass and all 3 of them was rank 20 obviously. Why did we face killer ranks from 1-5 who all tunneled camped and made the game get uninstalled because my friends did not enjoy the concept they was introduced to.

The fact that because im rank 1 doesn't mean that I can loop infinitely, do 5 gens by myself, cleanse all the totems. How are new players suppose to grow and get a chance to like or play the game if this is how they are introduced to the game?! OG DBD team needs to fix this because no one wants to sit at a ######### loading screen for 15mins trying to find a match only to get a ######### head killer that has no business facing lower rank survivors.

Talking about matching "goes off highest rank survivor" I don't wanna call DBD ######### but on some real ######### that was ######### af so explain to me DBD not the killer mains how is 3 rank 20 survivors can beat a rank 1 killer who has all the perks and the survivors only have 1 perk slot?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

You've gotta relax man. The dedicated servers are still technically being tested so they're taking notes. In the meantime, I'm sorry about your friends. Dbd is a great game, sucks that they couldn't have a decent experience in their first match :/

• Raidoku
    Raidoku Member Posts: 69
    Options

I only directing my complaints to the DBD team the game is cool once you reach rank 15 you usually know enough about it to understand how to play properly but most people are not about to beat their heads on the wall for a game that been out for not 1 or 2 years but 3 and still sucking dollars out of the game rather then making slight tweaks I not even talking about none of the other ######### that should have been fixed 3 years ago just simply swf which should be without a doubt their most invested mode. And about servers coming how long will we have to wait? 2 chapters? 2 years? I play on console and used to have a huge friend base with over 100 friends I could switch in n out because so many was playing but numbers are decreasing with the amount of time and players that constantly playing a lot of ppl took a break because of this alone

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

Jesus, chill for a second before starting a discussion. This seems more like angry ranting then a coherent discussion. Very simply, you prob should of told them that they would be fighting red ranked killers. SWF goes for the highest ranked person too match a killer with, so you kinda have it on you for bringing 3 new people into the strongest killers.

Secondly, It matches based on highest rank because SWF would abuse the matchmaking system and bully low ranked killers for free bloodpoints.

Thirdly, If you are getting non stop face campers and tunnelers that just sounds like bad luck. I run into one of these, like, between 5-6 games usually.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696
    Options

@Raidoku Yeah the devs you should change it back to the old way where 3 rank 1 survivors and 1 rank 20 would bully new rank 20 killer. How dare they not take into account the fact that some rank 1 brain doner was going to drag a bunch of new people into a rank 1 match and complain about how bad their game is for using the highest ranked players rank.

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728
    Options

As a rank 1 killer i gotta disagree with you. Ever since that change to swf rankings, I've been able to tell if they were swf based on ranks and i haven't had a single game with a super low rank that wasnt swf. Even the lowish ranks do okay in my games. It's not really my fault if they knowingly put their newish friends into the high ranks. If the op actualy wanted to teach his friends he shouldve done kyf or just let em play at their actual rank.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696
    Options

I don't know why some of you keep bringing this up.

It WAS NOT like this BEFORE the Stranger Things DLC.

It was very rare to face a Rank 20 Killer in SWF if you were red/purple/green and that was only because of looking for a match for so long.

This happened for a week yet some people here think its been happening for a couple years.

All anyone is asking for is some sort of balance in between, not one extreme or the other.

• martin27
    Options

It was rare but you would get SWF that would intentionally exploit the match making system to do that. Like jumping from the tutorial to a SWF group would cause people to join with a rank 20.

My problem is this guy made a silly mistake and his solution is to go online to post a rant about how the gamr is ######### and the devs suck and they need to fix their broken game.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696
    Options
  • martin27
    Options

My point is it still existed and it was being exploited, if it can exploited then it needed to be removed/fixed. Same thing with SWF it's been fixed for the better there no reason to go off on one because you don't like it.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    Options

You did that to them man. You knew the match making is like that now. You dragged them in, and were likely hoping to stomp lower rank Killers. Otherwise you could have shown them KYF.

(That's if this is real and not just an attempt to make the devs think the new matchmaking is making people leave. That way they change it back and you can go back to bullying low rank Killers. Your aggression and such is why I think that, more than anything. Calm down next time first to give yourself a better first impression)

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited October 2019
    Options

@UlvenDagoth I agree with you. The weekday DbD Steamcharts count last week was where it normally hovers. The weekend daily count has been over 30k most of the day yesterday and today.

I would wager that the SWF matchmaking changes haven't actually made too many people leave. At least not on PC.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998
    Options

It's because there was so many of these new friends appeared in rank 1 only lobbies and they demolished lower ranked killers.

If your friends didn't like the concept of the game after they got killed by the killer in a "scary" game then they wouldn't have liked it anyway as weaker killer would have taken ages to kill anyone.

I honestly prefer going against the killer that is deadly and threatening instead of a new guy that can't catch anyone and you spend few minutes holding M1.

• bomb1720
    bomb1720 Member Posts: 428
    Options

swf should just be for practice. should be able to have killer as friend. what ever points or ranks achieve should stay with swf. swf should not be able to join solo's.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819
    Options

What you mentioned was an exploit/bug. What he mentions is a bad design. They just should have fixed the old matchmaking, which would have been the most fair thing to go with.

• martin27
    Options

@MegsAreEvil your saying it's bad game design to make SWF go off the highest ranked player instead of the lowest and that guy is justified to throw a tantrum because of it.

• Monika
    Monika Member Posts: 113
    Options

Would you be willing to say the same argument or vouch on the killers side when playing with your friends you got match made against a rank 20 killer?

How are killers supposed to grow if a rank 1 can loop them the entire game.

"A killer who has no business fighting lower rank survivors"

"A killer who has no business fighting a higher rank survivor" notice a contradiction here?

There is a reason why they balance this way because 1 rank 20 surv can make 3 rank 1 survs fight a rank 20. Sorry if this angers you, but you need to understand that if you play a rank game you need to have it work on the highest.

Siege functions the same way join a ranked with a gold as a bronze, you're gonna find yourself matched against golds and diamonds as a bronze. This is how ranked systems should function.

• Monika
    Monika Member Posts: 113
    Options

Rare? Dude I played with a guy who was rank 18 and for 2 hours all we got was 15 and up. It wasn't rare at all.

• jiytee
    jiytee Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2019
    Options

I do feel the system matching is still wrong. I get all the swf comments but it still “feels” wrong compared to a few months ago. I’m not that good but I know enough. I played 7 games today, had to dc twice cos of face campers. I know it’s wrong to dc but it’s totally pointless if he’s right in front of you. In my last game We had me lvl 15, an 8, a 17 and a 10. The killer was a 20 and on asking him why camp his reply was “why would I let them revive you”!!!! Really

I then suggested he learn to play as the game was intended (I couldn’t help myself) and he replied “learn to let people play as they wish”

i ended it there, switched off the console and moved on to something more interesting.

he was a rank 20 and his stats showed he has 8 kills to his name.

that is NOT GOOD MATCHING.

Post edited by jiytee on