Using the Huntress with controller seems absolutely impossible!

SsilverD
SsilverD Member Posts: 12

By Huntress I mean her ability. I play on PS4, and I tried her just once because of a daily ritual I got. It seemed incredibly hard to hit survivors with the axes!! FPS games aren't something foreign to consoles and controllers because of mainly the aim assist it gives you in games like Call Of Duty or Battlefield.
One way I feel like they could fix this is by adding an option to lower the sensitivity of the camera while readying a hatchet.

Comments

• GrapeeJuiice
    GrapeeJuiice Member Posts: 4

that would be a nice start, I've also heard there are insane fps drops on console when throwing or winding up a hatchet (I've never played on console this is just through others.)

• SsilverD
    SsilverD Member Posts: 12

Ive also seen people complain about the fps, but seriously it really isnt much of an issue
    It can get pretty choppy when first loading into maps like haddonfield and the red forrest. As well as using the project awakening stick on the doctor.
    The only time its been a problem is when a bunch of megs were 360ing me in the middle road of haddonfield. it was really really choppy.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

The sensitivity is a bit much when trying to aim with the Huntress on PS4 but after a few matches playing her, you get the hang of the hatchets. Her aiming truly requires a bit of practice.

• Nikula699
    Nikula699 Member Posts: 2
    Huntress And Nurse Are both pretty useless on console 
  • Overlord_Will
    Overlord_Will Member Posts: 20
    There is intense lag on console when you wind up your axe and I wish they would look into this issue.
  • SiNister_TTV
    SiNister_TTV Member Posts: 8

Used to play on console myself and Huntress was my main. You don't need aim assist, that is just practice tbh . The Huntress is more of a skilled killer which takes more time to learn but there is one thing which console users suffer from and that is bad FPS. On certain maps like red woods, its very hard to play huntress and have consistant aim.

When I play Huntress on PC for the first time, I got called a hacker because mouse and keyboard with 60 plus FPS makes huntress easy mode when your been playing her on console for 2000 hours lol. I feel you pain man

• Touken
    Touken Member Posts: 66
    Hey i play PS4 too and im a huntress main and all i got to say is that you have to practice not everybody can be good from the start
  • Touken
    Touken Member Posts: 66
    Nikula699 said:
    Huntress And Nurse Are both pretty useless on console 
    Not true People practice and play alot as them especially me since i play the huntress alot in Console
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@SsilverD said:
    By Huntress I mean her ability. I play on PS4, and I tried her just once because of a daily ritual I got. It seemed incredibly hard to hit survivors with the axes!! FPS games aren't something foreign to consoles and controllers because of mainly the aim assist it gives you in games like Call Of Duty or Battlefield.
    One way I feel like they could fix this is by adding an option to lower the sensitivity of the camera while readying a hatchet.

Sadly, the quality of playing DbD on console is very low, because of FPS drops and, as you said, low accuracy of throwing hatchets/blinking. I think that the only possible way of increasing your quality of gameplay is to:

1) Switch on PC
    2) Buy keyboard/mouse for console (but there would be still probloems with FPS)
    3) Devs need to fix the optimalization of DbD on consoles

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited August 2018

I personally turn off aim assist in all my games when it's an option. I ######### hate it, it messes with your aim more than it helps if you actually have good aim. Halo 5 drove me nuts when I would be trying to hit someone at a distance and someone else walks in front of you AND YOUR ######### CROSSHAIR MOVES ON ITS OWN!!! It's infuriating, I don't need aim assist I've been playing shooters with a controller for 20 years.

I play Huntress and I can usually aim just fine. What messes me up is the frame rate drops on some maps when you throw a hatchet. It is tougher to land those very tight shots just over a wall or through some gap but that comes down more to the left handed throw and the awkward trajectory rather than my aim. Hatchets don't feel like they consistently go to the same place every time. I swear I can make the same throw 5 times and each time it will hit a different spot.

You want a tip, aim with left stick. It's a lot easier to strafe into a shot than move your camera and is a lot more consistent. You just need to practice > http://xboxclips.com/thesuicidefox/45b2fd02-acf1-4b33-a3ee-9a9469e76cab

Also, full m/kb support is coming to Xbox supposedly by the end of the year (though they said that last year too). IDK about PS4 though. When it does I'm probably going to switch to a mouse but keep the controller for analog movement. WASD is absolute trash for movement, you have no control over your speed and you can't move smoothly in certain directions. All you PC elitist will tell me I'm wrong, but here's a point: Go play Gears of War 4 on Xbox then on PC. You will notice that while your aim improves with a mouse, your movement goes to ######### and that game is all about movement. I can easily outplay someone on a PC in a Gnasher fight because I don't have to look at a wall to take cover, I can circle strafe, I can change my speed in any direction, and I can move at angles other than 90 or 45 degrees. You can immediately tell someone is on PC in that game because they will use Lancer and snipe weapons all the time, but when they have to start banging out in CQC they are forced to look at a wall before taking cover because they have to be moving towards the wall they want to use, and the only reliable way to do that with WASD is to hold W and look at the wall. Makes it super easy to dodge their shots.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

I would play the Clown. He's an easier, better version of her in every way.

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    Console Huntress Main here. It’s not only about looking for aiming, but moving. Moving allows you to make very subtle aiming adjustments without the subtle movements of a joystick. I was able to get rank 1 with her dispite the controller. It takes a lot of skill, and honestly I think they should help with one of her base abilities on console for the amount of skill it needs to work properly, like reduced base movement speed SLIGHTLY, but it seems she is the most difficult killer to play on console, and I don’t recommend changing sensitivity, as that can butcher the whole thing. Nurses seem to not suffer AS much, but they do. 
  • RetroGamer2001_C
    RetroGamer2001_C Member Posts: 1

Same with nurse and possible even clown, i am a PS player and is absolute trash to play nurse/huntress