The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why aren't people playing the Demogorgon?

2»

Comments

• WhTe_Tygre_DBD
    WhTe_Tygre_DBD Member Posts: 295

Same I have all killers but didn't want demogorgon and my most effective so far was freddy

• BloodyBunny
    BloodyBunny Member Posts: 114

Its a paid dlc and a its one of the more expensive ones isnt it so that probably has something to do with it plus since its relatively new people are probably still figuring out how to play as him

• JustAFeeling
    JustAFeeling Member Posts: 324

I like Demogorgon and he's pretty strong when you put some sweat in your gameplay that's just you not trying to use his power which survivor's only touch when you keep coming back through it or to buy them selves more time and he's scary to face

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

I'm on console, I go up against him all the time in Purple Ranks.

May I ask what platform you are on? Maybe PC?

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I mean this basically happens with almost every killer who is not top tier they will get played for the hype week of their release and then eventually they'll get petered out and the only people you'll see typically who will play them are typically people going for dailies or people who have made them their mains.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,886
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Because I haven't got around to him yet and I like to play the characters in the order they released.

I stopped playing the game regularly around the time Legion dropped, so I got a lot of catching up to do. Especially now that I play both sides.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I'm trying to use him, but it's difficult to land lunges. I just use it mainly at pallets now, thank god for that buff. I don't see him much as survivor and it sucks because he's fun to be chased by.

• Just_Playing
    Just_Playing Member Posts: 156

Hes weak why should i play a killer that can't do something against good survivers???

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,886

Not true. I can count on one hand the number of times I have faced Billy for example over the last couple of days. I always see a decent range of killers.

Last night alone I had Trapper, Huntress, Myers, Wraith, Hag, Legion, and only one Spirit. Not a Billy in sight. This is not a one off either.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

He's a worse Freddy imo.

I don't mind Demo but I prefer my main more.

• OpenYoureyes
    OpenYoureyes Member Posts: 111

Hard to play without instadown uh?

Always for the ez way ;)

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495

CalReaper isn't wrong here. You are not an expert on any killer after simply 2 hours of labbing. If you went to any other gaming forum and said "I played X for 2 hours and now I will tell you what I think of their balance state" you will be laughed out of the room and told that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Like in League. Even if you played against the most polarized matchups with Camille for example, your 2 hour opinion means absolutely nothing to those with hundreds of hours.

Or in overwatch where you have no idea what balance is after 2 hours of any character.

It's the same here. I imagine when Nurse first came out we had a bunch of people saying she was bad as their hot take, due to how difficult she is. But we all know that Nurse is far from bad.

Demogorgon is new. Let people figure out ways to play him and unlock his hidden potential and whatnot. Don't be so quick to dismiss him

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

There's probably multiple reasons.

But i figure one of them is that there's still 16 other Killers to play.

The hype for anything, even licenses, quickly goes down once it's actually here.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Idk, maybe people in your area like those Killers way more.

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453
    edited October 2019

Theres another reason, which is probably the bug affecting the Demogorgon, where when chasing a survivor in a tight loop or tight corners, your movement speed switches to the m2 movement speed making you slower, and making the survivor become faster than you. I saw this happen in a video where even bloodlust 3 couldn't counter this bug. Idk if a bug report is up, and I don't have the Demogorgon to make this bug report.

This bug only happens when you use shred around a loop in tight corners/tight loops.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I mean he's okay, but i don't see many GF too. With more and more killers added to the game, you maybe feel like rarely seeing some of em.

• A0603
    A0603 Member Posts: 24

Freddy is actually better than Huntress, he simply better at most important categories.

- He slowing game down

He got a lot better mindgames (since he short)

- Map pressure

- Had an stealth potential

- Snares could detect survivors

He maybe better than Hag, but it hard to tell.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited October 2019

Eh. Never mind. I'm wasting my time saying the same crap over and over again.

Post edited by Kilmeran on
  • PotEtU
    PotEtU Member Posts: 44

He sucks, that's why

• StupidPallets
    StupidPallets Member Posts: 395
    edited October 2019

*fist bump*

I have no idea why people don't play him, but I would like to see the sales figures for this last DLC pack. That's the start of an answer.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

Honestly I find him very "meh." It's not terrible by any means but it's not what I really enjoy for a killer.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985

I made demo my psuedo main and I think the most frustrating part about him is how map dependant he is. I don't think I've been in or seen a single game where a demogorgon does well on fractured cowshed for example. There's just too many loops that you can't utilize shred around, and not very many good corners to tuck portals into. On the other hand, the Demogorgon does very well on large maps, such as the pale rose, or the Hawkins lab. Lots of places to put portals, pallets that you can use shred on to force early drops etc.

I think the shred attack is too easy to dodge, but the reason that's frustrating is because it turns situation where it should be a powerful attack into a waste of time. For example, trying to hit someone running along the side of the shack, or next to one of the long fences on Badham. A simple turn to the right is enough to completely woosh the attack. I've learned to counter this by aiming slightly to the side, so if they try to dodge it they still get hit, but once again, he's map dependent because this isn't always possible!

I remember a specific instance where on Badham the shack spawned with a generator inside, and a firebarrel on the opposite side of the window. This made it nearly IMPOSSIBLE to land a lunge attack. The generator blocked a lunge going to the window and the pallet, and the firebarrel made it so even if they turned right at the pallet to go around the side where demo would theoretically be the strongest, ends up being completely safe because they can pop back around the barrel making them completely immune to a lunch attack from behind.

TL;DR I main demogorgon, but he's very map dependent for both aspects of his ability to be useful, and I'm tired of loading into a game already knowing that the outcome will be defeat because of map generation.

• DocWeed
    DocWeed Member Posts: 5

B tier Killer. You'll see him about as often as the beloved piggy. Lower the rank, the higher the possibility of seeing the Gordon Ramsey. Red ranks are reserved almost exclusively (on PC anyway) for Spirit and Nurse with a small peppering of all other killers and a side of either Billy or Huntress

• Thasard
    Thasard Member Posts: 268

He is one of the few killers I see in red ranks on PS4, right after Doctor, Freddy, and Nurse. Occasionally get Trappers, Billies, Bubbas, and Legions.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

I just find him pretty boring and kind of meh with all his downsides, super loud stomps, obvious audio and visual cues, largest killer in the game so he really struggles on certain map tiles because he just towers over them

I really want to like playing him but I just find him a bit boring at the moment after working hard to learn Ghostface and playing Clown at the moment I just don't feel compelled/interested in working to understand him

Come rank reset maybe I'll learn him

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    edited October 2019

I’ve been playing as it a lot. I just haven’t played the game as frequently due to real life getting in the way. He’s pretty fun IMO— but it’s definitely not the best. Not the worst.

I really only play just to enjoy myself, so pipping to me is irrelevant in the grand scheme of thing. So that way I can play whoever or however I want and have fun regardless.

EDIT: Forgot something, and basic grammar.

Post edited by Watery on