So when will NOED get removed, reworked, or nerfed?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Naphemil
    Naphemil Member Posts: 66
    Options

You refuse to bring items or perks to help with your noed problem and yet still complain about it, ironic.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Options

You are hilarious if you think someone should bring a map or a specific perk every match to counter a perk that the killer may not even be using.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
    Options

NOED is fine. A match with 3 perks when you could be running something like BBQ, Nurses, Sloppy, or any other meta perks. As with all other Hex Totems, it's a huge gamble for the killer, they choose to run the risk of not having it activate. Just do bones, it isn't that hard, you have Small Game, maps, and get 1000 points for every totem. Just because it's a secondary objective doesn't mean it isn't worth doing. YOU are choosing to bite the bullet and not do bones. YOU are choosing to ignore doing bones and rush gens, and act surprised when NOED hits. It isn't hard to find totems if you are just walking around the map looking for gens. Cleansing a totem for 12 seconds isn't going to kill you, unless they have TOTH, which case it might.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Options

I think you’re just trolling. I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren’t sitting here crying about NOED and simultaneously refusing to learn to counter it.

Because otherwise you’re just displaying the typical entitled survivor mentality. You can’t adapt so please BHVR, spoon feed me information. Adorable

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

Cleanse totems. End game builds are a thing.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172
    Options

Well lbh it's a crutch perks for bad killers and although sometimes annoying it is rarely used or at least effective.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

With all of the nerfs to survivors, I never have time to cleanse totems.

I finally had a match where NOED singlehandedly turned a 0K into a 4K. :\

• arslaN
    edited October 2019
    Options

I think you are refusing to be reasonable. I don't have infinite maps to find totems every single match and I'm not going to bring small game every match. I'm saying that cleansing totems IS NOT EASY in solo survivor. Not saying it is impossible or anything. If you think it is easy for 4 solo survivors to easily cleanse totems and have enough time to do gens, especially against the stronger killers, you are the entitled one. I'm done saying the same things over and over, if you still think it it is easy then fine, I don't have anything to say to you anymore.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

Doesn't need nerfed you need to cleanse totems + initial response nailed it. Next.

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    Options

It rewards bad play just as much as it punishes bad play. Totems are in fact an objective, that's why we get points towards an emblem for cleansing them.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452
    Options

What if the killer doesn't care that you don't take ALL the objectives seriously and feel that you deserve to be hit twice to be put into dying state after last gen?

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452
    Options

Also if the perk is only being used by noob killers who suck I would think you could easily find and break their totems with no problem. So what does that mean about your skills as survivor. . . ?

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

We should return NOED to its original state.

*throws gasoline on dumpster fire*

😈

• Toxicboii
    Toxicboii Member Posts: 446
    Options

Aw #########. Here we go again with these discussions.

You're complaining about a perk that can be completely negated. Why are you mad at this? It's painfully easy.

DO BONES, which has been said over, and over, and over again.

Are you blind to not get the piece of advice? Or are you too entitled to understand?

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

Ironically, in my opinion, Detective's Hunch isn't that good for totems when you have Small Game that can tell you where they are on the go. :(

I think Detective's Hunch should reveal everything for a longer duration, or give it the Dark Sense treatment where it activates whenever a generator is completed — not when you complete a generator.

• TheRealHansGruber
    TheRealHansGruber Member Posts: 204
    Options

Its only ever been buffed.

I dont think theyll ever nerf it.

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286
    Options

The only "buff" i saw was the tier 1 having exposed and that's all. If making the most point efficient role having to pay more was detrimental then I guess it was buffed.

Also, IIRC NoED wasn't even a hex perk in the beginning and that would count as a nerf on my books.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

This again? -sighs- Very well. I'll start with saying I dislike Noed. I do feel it's kind of a cheap perk. It's also easy to counter. Will there be times that you can't because of being chased? Of course. Your team will fail to help cleanse totems. But it's still pretty easy to avoid. They upped the points, made them count towards your emblem, and gave us an awesome healing perk based around cleansing. With all those incentives only damned fools refuse to cleanse totems.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    Options

What exactly is the problem with NOED really? It is no less "cheap" or "broken" than Adrenaline, or Decisive Strike

Just like them one can deny it by breaking totems of which there are several dedicated perks in the game designed to make that very easy for the survivors

Adapt. NOED is used because survivors don't do totems and killers have success with it do the totems and killers will stop running it

A killer has to respect Borrowed Time, and Decisive Strike both of which take away quite a bit of the killer's pressure and time. A team of 4 survivors can handle the extra minute it takes to do all the hidden totems

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    edited October 2019
    Options

🤣🤣🤣

It was originally infinite with no way to stop it plus a 6% speed boost instead of 5%.

Edit: Speed boost was 5 and now 4. Old also had a 8% less cooldown on attacks.

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507
    Options

and adrenaline for survivors when killers have no NOED? Big lel.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Options

Yeah because this is reasonable:

”Perk A sux!”

”Hello friend. Use these perks to render Perk A useless!”

”UH WHAT i ain’t changing my perks just to counter something #########??/?”

😆

You keep harping on this idea that totem hunting is impossible against super good killers who end chases quick. Ignoring that most killers are weak M1 killers, and that a dominant Spirit or Nurse is going to curb stomp you anyway.

Also it’s not hard to totem hunt solo. I literally just explained to you how I do it routinely.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Options

Tier 3 can cover huge chunks of maps. And I make sure to do a gen in an uncovered area after I pop the first one just so I get them all.

But tbh I don’t even need to run either lately. Is not hard to get all the totems, other survivors do more totems now because of increased points and new perks, and killers are running NOED less it seems.

• THEghostface
    THEghostface Member Posts: 296
    Options

It's a perk that increases endgame difficulty. Bad or no, it gives the killer the upper hand or chance to turn the game around.

• arslaN
    Options

I just said that it wasn't impossible. I said it wasn't easy. Stop twisting my words :)

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
    Options
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

This game is full of things that shift the momentum back and forth. Honestly, if you dislike things like DS, Adrenhiline, or NOED - you might be in the wrong game... or have no business in games to begin with.

When you break it down to the basics - NOED is kinda like Mario Kart's Blue Shell or CoD's noob tube. It's a perk that's great for helping keep the new player engaged and feeling like they have a chance against those who are more experienced. However, most experienced players eventually discard them and not use them anymore.

Frankly, if you have such a visceral reaction against countering a mechanic that has a counter, you might want to take a look at yourself and ask why you play games to begin with... because obviously it's not to better yourself by overcoming challenges.

• Naphemil
    Naphemil Member Posts: 66
    Options

Then dont complain when you fail to counter noed. The tools are there for you to use and you refuse to use them.