The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

If Thanatophobia was reworked...

CL4P_TRAP_ER
CL4P_TRAP_ER Member Posts: 114

Thanatophobia is a good perk. Well sort of. The purpose of Thanatophobia is to injure everyone in the game. So that way you don't tunnel the same person. However, this perk doesn't do a good enough job to be noticeable. The perk was even nerfed making it even lower on the perk scale. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a fan of using Thanatophobia for fun. But the perk's name leaves other opportunities for what the perk can do. Now if Thanatophobia was reworked, which of the following would you prefer?

If Thanatophobia was reworked... 33 votes

No one isn't afraid of death. For each dead survivor, you receive a token. For each token, survivors receive a 5% / 6% / 7% repair and healing speed penalty.
3%
pleasedontbetoxic117 1 vote
Your prey's bravery can only go so far. All Survivors receive an 6% / 8% / 10% repair, healing, and sabotage speed penalty for each Dying or Hooked survivor.
0%
Fear is your greatest weapon. After a survivor is sacrificed or killed, all remaining survivors receive a 10% / 15% / 20% repair, healing and sabotage speed penalties for 30 seconds.
12%
CL4P_TRAP_ERDarootLeafstormgaydavidkingPhoenix_Wright 4 votes
Same Thanatophobia but the number are buffed. Original: 3% / 3.5% / 4% for each injured survivor. Rework: 4% / 4.5% / 5% for each injured survivor.
84%
Mc_HartyAlther_PrimusArk_the_BonsaiGibberishBlueberryStar99erbrokedownpalaceDolphin9192grtf47Aven_Fallenad19970RaptorrotasJawsIsTheNextKillerGrootDudeRicardiBacardiMysticAdvisorAwakeyErshAhoyWolfCarlosylu 28 votes

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    Same Thanatophobia but the number are buffed. Original: 3% / 3.5% / 4% for each injured survivor. Rework: 4% / 4.5% / 5% for each injured survivor.

It just needs its numbers increased and to include dead survivors. That's it.

• Phoenix_Wright
    Phoenix_Wright Member Posts: 23
    Fear is your greatest weapon. After a survivor is sacrificed or killed, all remaining survivors receive a 10% / 15% / 20% repair, healing and sabotage speed penalties for 30 seconds.

Current Thanatophobia is ok. But a buff would be nice.

• JovialCub
    JovialCub Member Posts: 88

they buffed it once, it turned out to be too much for the Devs, so it was reverted back. The first stack of Thana stayed after the first person died.

I think it needs to be re-worked a bit into a token system that decays over time.

Thana also NEEDS to give a stack when Vulnerable is applied to survivors.

8 stacks that decay over time, can regain stacks upon attacks or Vulnerable applications.

1/2/3 % per stack. Decay can be 1 minute.

• Ersh
    Ersh Member Posts: 40

If you make it apply for every dead surv exclusively, that'll just be budget Dying Light. Keep it the same, just make it include Dead Survs too.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

From all your ideas, the last is the best

Most people who hate the "include dead"-concept forget that dead survivors might give different values for penalties.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I'd like them to rename it haemophobia. So it matches what it does.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,047

I am up for a number Buff. I would have been ok with the Number Buff before they scrapped it, but that was with old Legion being around, and it is kinda dumb to buff Thanatophobia with a Killer around which makes healing meaningless.

I am always up for a Number Buff. I would not include Dead Survivors, because a Survivor Dead is already bad for the Survivor Team. If someone dies early, it can be gg already for the Killer, no reason to lower the chances of Survivors even more.