The Nurse changes are great

Options

I see like ten different threads how "Nurse is now trash" etc. but no, she's just no longer stupidly overpowered.

A lot of people said "Nurse basekit is fine" but it was not. You can't possibly tell me ignoring almost every survivor mechanic is fine.

"jUsT bReAk LiNe Of SiGhT," some say as the nurse could just listen to the sounds or even just blink once to see you and use the other to reposition and down you anyway. Also Nurse can still do this after the change but at least she can't do it 3 seconds after injuring you.

A lot of people say that nurse is fine because she takes a lot of skill but I honestly don't think it's hard to spam blinks until you somewhat land near a survivor.

I usually play on purple ranks (on both sides) and I can't even explain how easy it is to win as Nurse. I mostly play Huntress as a killer and I feel like Nurse without proper perks and addons is easier than Huntress with instadown hatchets.

The charging blinks are absolutely fine in my book. You actually need to make sure you land your blinks now instead of mindlessly spamming them until the survivor is down. And even if you miss, you can try again in less than 6 seconds or earlier if they're near enough.

Comments

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited October 2019
    Options

Good. Takeover as a Nurse main for the SWF groups. I'm sure they'll need a few replacements. Most of the killers, myself included, are just frankly burned out with the circle jerk. It doesn't matter if she's only a little less or a lot less of her former self.

The constant coddling to the most vocal on the forums has wore thin. Frankly, it's about as amateur of a design decision a company can make, to balance their game based on forum politics. Each and every game that does so fines itself in decline.

Players attuned to it know they have to spend an inordinate amount of time on the forums protecting their preferred playstyle or others who dedicate their lives to helping nerf their competition will in their absence. Time they could be spending in game instead.

So have at it. No matter how one chooses to view it, each time a bold Nurse player took a match with confidence that they knew was SWF in the past can no longer and must now instead consider whether it is any longer feasible or worth the extra energy. One thing we all know is she isn't as good as she was before and that is demoralizing.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited October 2019
    Options

Base Nurse Kit was fine but it wasn't ideal.

I mean, I can deal with Nurse base kit with difficulty, but I didn't think the game was better for it. And there are Nurses who are good enough that you can't really deal with them. This nerf looks better for the game.

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953
    Options

I think people should just stop arguing over whether or not it’s horrific or terrific changes and should just wait until BHVR gives us the final product.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

How is it good for the game if there is no viable killer left to deal with SWAT SWFs besides maybe Prayer-Beads-Spirit? (And Prayer Beads is a nonsense add-on, but that's not the topic for this thread.)

• Mochan
    edited October 2019
    Options

Spare me the drama.

Going by your theory that the devs are favoring Survivor Politics, how come Survivors got a boatload of nerfs over the past couple of years? And might I point out there's at least as much Killer Politics complaining about survivors and demanding nerfs on these forums?

If the devs weren't listening to the killer side how come MoM was nerfed? How come Decisive Strike was changed? How come Healing was nerfed across the board? How come Leader was nerfed? How come windows were nerfed? How come Palettes were nerfed? etc. etc.

Even Claudette's clothes were nerfed! You seriously don't have a leg to stand on if you expect us to believe that the devs are favoring survivor politics.

• Mochan
    Options

That's just your flawed perception. All the killers are viable at high ranks. You can pretend all you want that they aren't, but the game statistics are against you and BHVR knows it, that's why they were confident in doing this nerf.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

Of course you can get 4ks with every killer against some high rank teams. There are people at red ranks who play like rank 17. I'm talking about actually good teams.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

Strange thing is, from what I've seen (especially lately), the most vocal on the forums are by far self-declared killer mains such as yourself. Not saying that's a bad thing, just that if what you're saying is true about the devs catering to survivor mains, it's certainly not because they're the most vocal.

• Shirokuro
    Shirokuro Member Posts: 182
    edited October 2019
    Options

I recommend everyone to check out this thread as it explains things way better than I was able to with my broken English:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93761/why-is-the-community-jumping-the-gun-on-the-nurses-changes-when-the-ptb-isnt-even-out-yet

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042
    Options

that post doesn't change anything, nurse is trash.

Weaker than base nurse, seriously???

slower in map pressure, worse in chases and add ons dependant just to be less of a fruit bat guanus

• Witas
    Witas Member Posts: 477
    Options

I agree, she'll still be strong, she just won't be bullshit op. The addons were NOT the only issue, she was borderline ######### broken. So happy she's getting fixed (and Im a killer main.)