The Nurse changes are actually good and she will still be S tier

Claudette_Baguette
Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567
edited October 2019 in General Discussions

I love the changes, her basekit isn’t brain dead easy anymore because she has a recharge to her power so she has to be more precisely when blinking which gives survivors more counterplay.

Her new addons seem interesting and open up a lot of new builds which will be interesting to test.

The only thing I don’t like is that 2 addons exist that make her get more bloodpoints but weaken her power. And the one that makes survivors scream when blinking through them and giving her 200 BP seems really useless as well. 

Other than those 3 addons she looks really well done. Finally she requires at least a bit more skills, is still a blinking killer who ignores pallets, walls, has insane mobility (especially vertical mobility) so she is still S tier but is more punishing if you do badly. And that’s coming from a 2800h Nurse main (stopped playing her a while ago though because she was too boring and too easy to get 4k especially with a infectious fright slug build).

Post edited by Claudette_Baguette on

Comments

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

Maybe on PC the skill cap is low but on consoles nurse is hard and require more skill then his PC counterpart.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

And the one that makes survivors scream when blinking through them and giving her 200 BP seems really useless as well. 

Actually that's an addon I would love to use. It seems a fun one.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

And the one that makes survivors scream when blinking through them and giving her 200 BP seems really useless as well. 

Actually that's an addon I would love to use. It seems a fun one.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Yeah, I agree nurse is difficult on consoles but she too easy to learn and destroy survivors on PC.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

You forgot her purple add-on that literally makes her a M1 115% speed killer for 60 seconds after hitting a survivor with her power. Like she even doesn't get BP from that add-on.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

She will most likely end up being weaker than Billy, and Billy is nowhere near s tier.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Not all Killers are like this! Just saying, I like a good Back and forth match!

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Remember that there are not only Killers in this forum, that other bunch doesnt like challenge either and wants to get easy e's.

back on topic:

Im not saying Nurse was killed or overnerfed. but she got a ~3 second timeframe added to her basic movement rotation that's feeding survivors distance to her in a chase or simply makes her map traversal worse by a margin. this IS quite a nerf for something that got "just slightly adjusted".

While the removal of the quite unneeded accuracity makes sense, counterplay was also improved by her now becoming visible earlier after blinking.

Well, if nurse is still good might boil down to 2 points:

• How much does the new cooldown for double blinks impact map traversal?
    • How reliable can nurse hit survivors with solo blinks? (the new "skill"/"counterplay" requirement)

But i agree in one point.... the whoe speed limiters are always stupid.

• arslaN

If the recharge really makes her bad they can just make the recharge faster or even remove it entirely. People are forgetting that this is the ptb, they can and will make changes if necessary. The ptb isn't even out and people are whining already without even testing the changes yet.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

@arslaN

Both sides of the community always overreact to PTB's, remember the healing changes? Suddenly Selfcare wasnt "efficient anymore" andInstant heals became more popular because they dont scale with base time.

I'll probably try to stay out of this dumpsterfire, i somewhat agree that we already way overreacting.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I mean I wouldn't say she didn't require enough skill before the nerf, but I agree that she is now on a more balanced level that will feel fair to play against as well.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Most of her add-ons are still useless with just a few of them being actually decent and because of her base kit changes, she lost a lot of mobility and probably even chase potential. I don't think she is worth of S tier anymore, the A tier killers seems much closer to her now, they might be even better than her now, but we will see in the PTB.

• arslaN
  • Naphemil
    Naphemil Member Posts: 66

Maybe for small game bugs but I dont think I've ever seen a change on ptb reverted.... I feel as though the ptb is more like a place to test how the game is going to play out, kind of like training wheels for your bike when you were a kid.

• arslaN

Ghostface was changed a lot in the ptb, MoM was changed, spirit was changed. They do change things if they are necessary.

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

No one cares about console. They won't, and should never take sup bar tech and controllers into account when making balance changes for characters. If they wanted to do a separate build/balance for consoles then sure. But until they do, they should never take controllers and lower FPS/performance into account when deciding on balance.

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

Nurse will likely still be S tier for anyone who actually takes the time to get good at her and learns to play the game in an intelligent way. One thing DBD doesn't have that most multiplayer games do have, is a high level of mechanics and or game sense required to be top in the top rank. There are a good number of red rank/rank 1 players who know how to do well enough to survive/kill to get enough points to get a pip. But, they have no fundamental understanding of the game and why things are or aren't strong. Dead by Daylight requires virtually high levels of game sense to do well. The game is super simplistic and doesn't require a lot of learning to figure out how to do well and rank up. Ranking up is almost entirely a time grind instead of a skill grind. As long as you are half decent at the game and don't constantly dc, you will be able to hit red ranks. New nurse is probably the first killer that will actually require killers to learn some form of micro play and management. Use your blinks incorrectly and a good survivor gets away. Use them well and you get an easy down. In theory it should allow her to finally have a skill ceiling that not anyone can reach after playing 100 hours of nurse while finally having some form of outplay.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

It's a stupid decision not to think about consoles because what bring the most money do you think.

Maybe you don't care but i do. If the game performance is bad and sensitivity with it, That's devs fault not us. just don't judge console community when PC are the worst one.

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495

Old Legion ignored 2/3 of these things and he was still very much middle C tier

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Imagine comparing Legion to Nurse.

Nurse still has more map pressure than Legion.

Nurse still has insane chase potential

She literally blinks through pallets, vaults, and walls...never seen Legion go through any of that.

As long as Nurse can ignore ALL survivor defenses she will be the best killer in the game because no other killer can do that except Spirit. Spirits power STILL has a bigger cooldown than Nurse and Spirit has collision...Nurse does not.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Hi! Legion main here! No, Legion didn't "Ignore" windows or pallets! Had to vault them like we do now! Couldn't use the Power of "feral Frenzy" To warp time and space and we STILL got nerfed into the ground cause of an exploit and alot of whining! Please don't pull Legion into this dumpserfire! We've suffered enough! See ya in the fog!

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

I'm pretty sure she's still #1.

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272

Honestly though, I'm happy they didn't add more fatigue on her and instead added the 3 second cooldown. I'd happily take a 3 second cooldown over more fatigue :)