Can we expect some sort of Cross-Platform Happening soon ?

Options

Now with ps4 having their crossplay out of Beta. Would it be possible to see Some sort of crossplay for Dead by Daylight ? I see alot of people on pc using a controller as Survivor so It would be fair. Maybe SWF crossplay ? Or even full crossplay support between PC, Xbox and PS4 ??

Answers

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850
    Options

Nope

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

I personally don't care about the fairness.

I am all for cross platform play and think that it would resolve a lot of queuing issues we have.

By all reports there are too many Survivors playing on PS4, resulting in long Survivor queues, while on PC there are too many Killers playing, resulting in long Killer Queues.

How about we just finally do crossplatform play and combine both populations so we can get better matchmaking.

Of course, this could backfire.... the general feedback I get is that survivor is easier on console and killer is harder, while on PC killer is easier.

It might end with some unexpectedly bad results and console survivors being gutted by PC killers.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

@Kennerd12004

They've already said that Cross-Platform is the last thing on their mind currently, that doesn't mean it won't happen, it's just unlikely to ever happen is all.

• SaltySwag
    SaltySwag Member Posts: 140
    Options

Cross platforming wouldn't work.

PC Players would have a HUGE advantage in framerate, reaction time, and accuracy compared to there more button mashy counterparts.

I mean console survivors even need to have gens revealed to them without having to actively search them out.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    edited October 2019
    Options

I remember having to do a survey where it asked about crossplay. I kind of hope so but at the same time unless they close the gap between PS4 and PC(Nurse for example) I don't see it happening. I think it's going to come eventually, as that's the only reason I could see Bill coming to PS4, but I don't think it'll be any time soon if it does.

What do you mean console survivors need gens revealed to them? There's no revealing mechanic to console survivors, you find them like any other survivor o.O

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926
    Options

I do not want cross platform play to ever be a thing. Ever. Cross saves would be nice so that people can play play on multiple platforms.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    Options

Is that what you think about consoles players. Trust me put the same specs on your PC you would get smashed by the good survivors on consoles. Fortnite tournament have proved how PC players are underestimating consoles player.

• CallMeBacon
    CallMeBacon Member Posts: 54
    edited October 2019
    Options

Cross platform play is a Touchy subject, especially for Dead By Daylight. The different platforms all have their ups and downs concerning regular gameplay. To mix and match them together would be hectic to say the least.

But to answer your question, the Devs have shown interest in Crossplay throughout their streams and surveys... However they seem to have it marked as a low priority objective. If it is to ever happen, don't expect it to happen any time soon.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

This may sound like a good idea on paper it's very bad you got to realise the amount of control a PC player has over a console player can very easily put them at higher advantage.

A survivor on a PC is able to pull off a lot better jukes than console survivor making it a lot harder for console Killers to keep up especially considering the console killers have a lot less control

The same could be said for the other way around it would be a lot more difficult for console survivors to deal with console Killers as they have a lot more control and a lot more accuracy.

For example even though this might be a point of contention a good PC nurse can easily be a very frightening thing whilst a good console nurse isn't really comparable

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options

Yes, i think theres a possibility PS4 and Xbox could join in the future but i highly doubt you'll ever see console and pc together.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

I would say Console players are more casual players compared to pc who to me think that they're the best and are more competitive and serious a lot more often.

• ApeOfMazor
    ApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471
    Options

We need cross progression, not cross play.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

PC survivors can tweak their settings to see the red stain through walls. That isn't fair. They should fix that or PC players will have another advantage.

• shepherd404
    shepherd404 Member Posts: 20
    Options

I would love to see this cross platform, its the best way to keep the title healthy and increase its longevity.

Granted there is imbalances, so have it be an opt in situation.

I think most balance arguments are exaggerated. Not that there isn't something to each difference but its fairly level

with more and more games adding crossplay this is the way games are going and to keep this title on the radar of gamers and new players cross platform play.

I have over 149 hours in DBD on my Xbox, I have recently completed a PC build and have tried a lot of my favorite xbox games on my PC and the easiest transition for me has been in DBD. The control are not as important as game knowledge and when you're in a chase memory and misplays become the factors. Not every PC player plays on equal footing as other PC players depending on the resources they had to build the PC.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Id love ps4 xbox crossplay. I could actually play with my daughter in a game rather than just watch each other.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

I'm PC, but console survs dont get gens revealed. That's mobile players.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited October 2019
    Options

Cross platform is alright with me as long as there was an option to disable PC play or to choose console only but not sure if that could happen.

I would prefer cross saves so if I buy something with cells on one platform, or unlock things in the rift, the cosmetics could be used on the other. This would honestly make me more likely to buy more cells than I currently do, which is not a lot to be honest.