Soo since we've got our first "monster killer"....

Ramosaurus40
Ramosaurus40 Member Posts: 9

Being that we've just received our first monster in the game I was just wondering (and I'm sure this wouldn't be the first time) that someone thought of the potential of maybe seeing Ellen Ripley and Alien from the "Alien" franchise being added to the game. I can only imagine the great perks/abilities that could come from this type of DLC.

A few of my own ideas for Alien:

1) Alien would be able to traverse walls and ceilings adding a new sense of verticality to the game that we haven't seen so far. Imagine running around looking for a generator looking around at ground level completely unaware that the Alien is feet above you lingering in shadows that you didnt even really know were there.

2) Alien would have the ability to "crouch" getting rid of its red stain and produce a smaller terror radius at the cost of movement speed, much like The Pig. This is stance that the alien would be required to be in to traverse walls, ceilings, trees, hillsides, etc.

3) Alien would also have a "tail whip" lunging attack that would have a great range as well as destroy pallets much like Demogorgons "Shred."

Ideas for Ripley:

1) Perk, SPACIAL SENSOR: This perk would replicate the movement sensor in the movie that pinged movement detected within a cone area that the sensor was facing at the cost of an audible sound that the killer would be able to hear louder as it approached, but would also warn the survivor of just how close as well as just how fast the killer is approaching. Think of this as a buffed version of "Premonition" with the only drawback being the sound it would produce given the killer was close enough to hear the "pinging."

2) Perk, Unshaken: This perk would work much like DS but would only be usuable twice per round only it is only activated when a killer finds a survivor in a locker. When being found the survivor would have to prompted to complete a difficult skill check in which upon success would grant a stun to the killer for a few seconds. This would also be categorized as a "exhaustion" perk.

3) Perk: Astro Engineering: This final perk would allow the survivor to view the aura of any of the last three generators passed prior to completing a generator. Any generators that have been revealed with Astro Engineering that are being currently worked on my teammates would be highlighted in yellow. A simple but effective perk for those survivors that are playing solo and want to help fellow survivors after they complete a generator.

Need I say how cool it would be to see a map on the Nostromo!? I think there would be so much potential in seeing Alien and Ripley done in some sort of fashion like this. What do you guys think?!

Comments

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

I'm not sure how they could work the Xeno's wall climbing into the game but imagine the acid blood being used as a trap!?

Or downing a survivor and latching a facehugger onto them and they have to somehow remove it(much like the pigs RBT's)

OR THE POSSIBILITY OF THE MORI USING IN INNER JAW TO PIERCE THE SKULL AND EAT THE BRAINS!!?

Behaviour Plz

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

Or imagine going into the killers shack and in top of the hooks, there's a nest of eggs that open up once youre in the struggle phase and a facehugger latches on and boom, ticking time bomb.

super op but man, im just a sucker for those movies and would kill for this hahaha

• Ramosaurus40

I was thinking about that Mori idea too! Would be pretty sweet to see the "inner jaw" as you've called it to bite the survivor right in the face! Would be pretty sweet haha!

• CallMeBacon
    CallMeBacon Member Posts: 54

One of my biggest issues for Alien being in Dead By Daylight is simply a cosmetic detail to the creature: It's tail.

In most iterations of the Xenomorph Alien we see it has a long boney tail with a spiked tip often used to disembowel or slice it's prey. The way Dead By Daylight works, I can see it's tail causing quite a few issues for Animation, corner turning, mind gaming and so on.

Now of course there are creative ways to fix such a cosmetic issue, but with the tail being such a known part of the terrifying Xenomorph, it's hard to imagine it not having one, or having it in a way that doesn't match the Xenomorph the way we know it.

• Ramosaurus40

Definitely agree, but I do believe that if the tail was curled upwards and wiggled slightly left to right it wouldn't cause to much of an issue until Alien would use it for that "tail whip" I mentioned. Totally believe the team could find some sort of way to keep it under control.