Mettle of Man

Options

Can somebody explain the purpose of this change? I personally cant get it to be used once and am struggling to see how anyone would be able to get use out of it multiple times.

Comments

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

What they should've done was fix protection hits and remove the downside, then do this

• Ninjaarman721
    Ninjaarman721 Member Posts: 46
    Options

its simply hard to get a protection stack,specifically when u get one that doesn't count as a stack,this MOM buff is simply laughable at,nothing but an attempt to make a trash perk to be good again but its a very bad attempt

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Options

It's like a fake buff. I seriosly don't think anyone will be able to use it more than once since even using it once is almost impossible

• SinfulHarlot
    SinfulHarlot Member Posts: 154
    Options

You gotta play to proc not play to escape. MoM has to be the goal if you really want to get it to work, which kinda is wack tbh

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780
    Options

Trying to buff it the wrong way I guess. Or trying to make it seem like it got buffed.

The perk needs a rework honestly.

• AliXnm
    AliXnm Member Posts: 111
    Options

They wanna “buff” something to change the fact they’re taking away something useful for the survivors again.

• xnes_galax
    xnes_galax Member Posts: 149
    Options

Me reading the patch notes : cool.. mm thats seem too much but we'll see.

Reach Mettle of Man: "laughs for at least 2 minutes"

Being serious, i mean.. at least they hearead us about it needing a buff.. they just forgot to read any of our suggestion and came up with something else which usally work for them.. not this time tho.

• Valla
    Valla Member Posts: 25
    Options

I think they might already think one step ahead. Maybe big Changes of MoM incoming?

Otherwise, this really makes absolutly no sense at all :(

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Yeah, i also don't really like this one.

An absolute first is to get those protection hits correct.

Then people will run it and test it for the devs.

After a little while, get those results and determine if it's fine now or needs some more love.

This change is moreso giving a bigger benefit behind the same bug that still might prevent it from triggering entirely.

• Chudakka
    Chudakka Member Posts: 12
    Options

I was laughing pretty hard when I got to the Mettle of Man part as well too. LMAO come on BHVR! It's almost insulting at this point. I wonder what the thought process was behind the person that decided to implement this change.

I have seriously tried to make the reworked MoM work and maybe get it to proc one time out of every 15 games. The best way I found to proc it is run self care (or medkit), borrowed time, mettle of man, filler perk. To even have a chance of MoM proccing, you have to play like an #########. Run up to a survivor getting hooked, take a hit, then unhook in front of the killers face. Or just take a hit when survivor is being carried and go heal up.

But truth is, playing like this does nothing to help your team and ends up just making fellow survivors suicide on hook or disconnect. Go through all this just for the off chance that I can take an extra hit. I can tell there is no way in hell anyone is going to make this proc twice, it's already hard enough to proc once as it is.

Perk needs to be completely gutted and reworked.